Time to put Bagley in the starting lineup?

Is it time to put Bagley into the starting lineup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would say only vs certain matchups, which is not how their gonna play it. they'll keep it the same.

Lets get the bench rolling first. It's not like if Marvin has a big 1st half they aren't gonna keep going to him in the 2nd half.

I’m also not a fan of switching starting lineups because of matchups. Stick with your guys and adjust accordingly. It makes it harder to develop chemistry if the starting lineup is a shuffle board.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m also not a fan of switching starting lineups because of matchups. Stick with your guys and adjust accordingly. It makes it harder to develop chemistry if the starting lineup is a shuffle board.
Chemistry can be just fine as long as everyone is on the same page. Shifting a lineup can actually give the opposing team fits.

Not next to WCS, i know that. Our scoring would have major issue. Shumpert and WCS being off and not able to spread the floor would be disastrous to start games

When Giles is ready or we get a better offensive center, I’m down for it.

Not only I support Bagley starting, I think Cauley-Stein should be coming off the bench. I think he's a solid player off the bench, not a starter material. Bagley and Giles should be starting.

I hate to say this but we have to wait until WCS gets injured. Then we'll see if the team is better and if Bagley can take the starting role.
No need to wait for injury (don't jinx it). You do not have to let him start the game on the bench and decrease trade value. You can experiment by starting Bagley instead of WCS in the second half.

I think what Dave is doing works. We are the only team that had a top 5 pick that isn’t starting maybe top 10. All those teams are under .500. So maybe we are the team that does things correctly.
It is pretty hilarious to be honest. We are 22-21, I can count on one hand the number of obvious coaching mistakes this entire season, we have 8 players with 3 years of experience or less getting regular minutes, yet people still think he doesn't know what he's doing. It's dumbfounding.

I think what Dave is doing works. We are the only team that had a top 5 pick that isn’t starting maybe top 10. All those teams are under .500. So maybe we are the team that does things correctly.
It is pretty hilarious to be honest. We are 22-21, I can count on one hand the number of obvious coaching mistakes this entire season, we have 8 players with 3 years of experience or less getting regular minutes, yet people still think he doesn't know what he's doing. It's dumbfounding.
Obviously the Kings are doing well. It’s great to be chasing the 8th seed and all.

But, Bagley is one of the future stars and foundational pieces. Along with Fox, Bagley is probably the next most important player the Kings have to building the foundation of a championship caliber team. The more chemistry and playing time that Bagley can get with Fox and Hield, the better the Kings will be next year and the year after that.

If we can get more playing time between the obvious cornerstones of the franchise now (ie Bagley, Fox, Hield), while still chasing the playoffs, the better for our future.

You don’t think that if we can incorporate Bagley into the starting lineup this year, it wouldn’t help us next year and the year after that?

The more chemistry you can build between Bagley and the starting unit this year, the better for the team’s development next year.

Obviously the Kings are doing well. It’s great to be chasing the 8th seed and all.

But, Bagley is one of the future stars and foundational pieces. Along with Fox, Bagley is probably the next most important player the Kings have to building the foundation of a championship caliber team. The more chemistry and playing time that Bagley can get with Fox and Hield, the better the Kings will be next year and the year after that.

If we can get more playing time between the obvious cornerstones of the franchise now (ie Bagley, Fox, Hield), while still chasing the playoffs, the better for our future.

You don’t think that if we can incorporate Bagley into the starting lineup this year, it wouldn’t help us next year and the year after that?

The more chemistry you can build between Bagley and the starting unit this year, the better for the team’s development next year.
This is the camp I'm in. It goes against my desire to make the playoffs this year. But I think it's the right thing to do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

You don't think Joerger is considering that? After watching just how far our guys have progressed, I am totally willing to trust Joerger in developing the chemistry among them. What we're seeing on the court from them is not an accident.

You don't think Joerger is considering that? After watching just how far our guys have progressed, I am totally willing to trust Joerger in developing the chemistry among them. What we're seeing on the court from them is not an accident.
I trust Joeger. Eventually though, Bagley will be starting, if not this year, he will be next year.

If Bagley is inserted into the starting lineup and his game takes off, (ie avg 20 points 10 rebounds as a starter) this year. It would put the Kings in a better position to take a bigger step next year if Bagley can establish himself more this season.

I’m not saying Bagley needs to start right now, maybe after the trade deadline, but I don’t see a downside with getting Bagley into the starting lineup this year. It would only help the Kings progress as a team for next year, when Bagley will be a starter.

I get what you are saying but I dont think that is the point.

The Kings are "chasing" the 8th seed. They probably wont get it. I hope they do but I doubt it. This year is another learning experience, a taste if you will. It's a damn near re-diagram of the Nuggets from last year. A taste of a playoff run, fall just short, then blow the **** up next year in your hunger of the pursuit of a title.

Some disagree with the handling of Giles, for instance. I dont. Dude is hungry and dude now knows what he needs to do to stay on the court. This ain't junior league rec. The room for error is so much smaller when you are chasing a title. I would rather these players be groomed for the pursuit of title chasing than treadmill running, if that makes sense.

Edit: I'm not disagreeing with the post I quoted. Just piggybacking it.

A better sample size is Bagley's top two 4-man combos which include WCS, Fox, and either Hield or Shumpert as the fourth. Those combine for almost 200 total minutes and Net points in the high single digits. All these stats can be wonky for various reasons, but they certainly don't suggest that it's a huge problem to play Bagley and WCS together.

I liked that Joeger had Bagley in there at the end of the close game against Charlotte with WCS. These are great learning situations for Bagley and gives Joeger a good look at how a Bagley-WCS big man combo will work. I think they did pretty well together to close that game.

I wish the guards would look more to dumping it down to Bagley in the low post, when the team needs a bucket in crunch time. Even Doug Christie mentioned it on air, you don't need to shoot 3's all the time in crunch time, sometimes you just need a high percentage shot down low to finish off a team in crunch time. The Kings were launching 3s everytime down, but a high percentage post score would do just fine to bury the other team hopes of a comeback.