Thoughts about the Kings and their off court activities

I'm not speaking for Bajaden but I would definitely say there is political undertones with the survey. There’s a environmental argument that the meat industry especially in terms of cattle is harmful. Excessive packaging also falls into that political environmental category. I am not saying good/bad either way. I will say extremes in this category either way (like many things) is not good.
It is harmful to the environment. That's not suggestive of political statement. It's measurable. There's tons of data on these subjects. How we characterize/organize a response to such environmental impacts can be politicized, of course, but it's a huge problem in our discourse as a country that we can't even begin discussing a problem without there being accusations of political motivation.

On the whole, Americans are determined these days to filter nearly all issues, big or small, through a political lens. Everything becomes a political choice, whether it should be or not. When Dr. Seuss is transformed into a site of political conflict, it should be a pretty solid indicator that we've reached peak partisanship. We've gone 'round the bend, as they say, and I suppose these are the consequences of 24-hour news programming, excessive online engagement, and the crafting of individual identities that are consumed by which "team" one plays for, so much so that some Americans would rather choose death than educate themselves properly on the value of COVID-19 vaccination.

I would not have said this a decade ago, but given the sheer amount of commentary-disguised-as-information and outright misinformation currently circulating in the wild, as well as the general dearth of critical thinking that the American public exercises at large, I now feel that most Americans would be much better-served reading and watching less "news," not more. As it is, responses to surveys like these in 2021 tend to say more about a person's political party identification than any genuinely-held beliefs or carefully-considered ideological positions relative to the substance of the survey itself.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I liked this. We don’t have news anymore. I used to hold the position that if CNN had criticized the Democrats, pay attention and likewise if Fox criticized the Republicans, pay attention and everything else was simply par for the course. We don’t even have that now. From either.

But when you mention reading, reading what? In the heyday of magazines, in the early eighties when magazine racks were full of publications on seemingly every subject, it was down to around twenty conglomerates that published the vast majority of available magazines. Now with the demise of the magazine, the concentration of news/information is in the hands of very few. I have tried to look at things from both liberal and conservative sources using Reuters as a neutral middle but even Reuters has lost their way. Reality has become a hazy unknown.
right. It’s why all I really care about is (a) not being a terrible person, (b) making sure that the Earth isn’t an uninhabitable flaming trash ball by the time my kids are adults.

both things that apparently were in the target demo of this thread lol

At first thanks to all of you to your comments and your different opinions as well as about this "philosophical" discussion - I really like to read it and learn about your thoughts (especially as a scientific researcher it is important to critically questioning things).

I guess such a topic has nowadays always a link to a political issue as already mentioned by a few of you (while I would also agree that, depending on ones view, is the case for near every topic when it is not just about the sport but linked to other activities of the team) - nevertheless, I do not have a political agenda or want to "convince" anyone to change their eating behavior (or say that you can not eat like you currently do). It is rather some explorative research to find out what (or if) you know about the sustainability activities of the Kings and if this may correlates with your own eating/food purchasing behaviors.
I guess this topic is especially interesting as sport teams are seen as a trustworthy communicator and several people feel highly attached to them which gives them some sort of (indirect) power to influence fan behaviors (a little bit overstated). To add many stakeholders expect teams to behave (or not behave) in specific ways to be a role model for others (which shows that teams are influenced by political agendas of fan groups, sponsors, cities,...). But while in the past few years (let us say the last 3 years) many teams started to change/adapt offerings (if we look at food offers at game days) Kings were a front runner with their farm-to-court initiative.

Once again, I thank everyone who has a look at the questionnaire and fills it out. And as already mentioned while the questionnaire is of course voluntary it is also a possibility to show "disagreement". I am sorry if some feel inconvenient during filling out the questionnaire but I hope I can enlighten you a bit when I analyzed the data and show my findings.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sorry guys, had to clean this thread up. We've given a lot of leash in the COVID Vaccine thread, but that doesn't mean the "no politics" rule doesn't apply, and once you start calling out various news agencies by name for being good or bad in their politics, I can't let that fly.

I should have noticed earlier, and didn't, and that's my bad. But knock it off.

Sorry guys, had to clean this thread up. We've given a lot of leash in the COVID Vaccine thread, but that doesn't mean the "no politics" rule doesn't apply, and once you start calling out various news agencies by name for being good or bad in their politics, I can't let that fly.

Liking this as a guilty party.

Did the offending parties get locked out of this thread?

Asking because I got locked out of the Bagely thread for just stating an opinion the didn't align with him "balling out".

FYI, red text is bad. color blind red people like me can't easily read it. Forum software should actually remove it as an option as it's not ADA compliant. The forum owner can liable. Not joking.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Did the offending parties get locked out of this thread?

Asking because I got locked out of the Bagely thread for just stating an opinion the didn't align with him "balling out".
What you said in the Bagley thread was a *bit* more egregious than you make it sound. Also, you were the one who initiated the negative pile-on in what was intended to be an optimistic thread. If there's one thing I've found over the past few years, it is this: When we ask people to stop talking politics, they generally do. When we ask people to stop bashing Bagley, they keep right on going. Hence the thread ban in that instance for a good handful of posters.

But the board, of course, is NOT the place to talk about moderation. If you have any further issue, please bring it to me in PMs.