This Series is Not Over!!!

This game shown me the biggest difference between the Monarchs and the Sparks. They have players that can create their own shots and are capable of making big plays. They have players that have the talent to put a team on their back for a stretch at a time, when everything else is failing. The Monarchs have 1.5 players like that. Yo and Lawson. That is it!!! And when teams pack in the paint, because none of our guards or forwards can hit a jump shot, she has no room to operate. Lawson just does not play enough fo me.

Not by a long shot!!!! But allow me to vent for a minute.

The difference between the Monarchs and the Sparks is that Mabika, Dixon, Leslie they are all capable of making plays and putting a team on their back in key moments of a game. The Monarchs have 1.5 players like that. Yo and Kara. And If the Monarch guards are not hitting the outside shot, the defense packs in the paint where Yo has no room to operate. Kara just does not play enough for me. she should be on the floor at lease 25-30 a game.

Our main players besides Griffith: Penechiero, Campbell, Smith and especialy DeMya....man everytime she puts the ball on the floor and starts dribbling, I START TO POUND MY FIST AND SHOUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DeMya is horrible when she puts the ball on the floor. She either kicks it off her foot or makes that weak drop step that the refs are catching up with.:mad:.......they all need screens and picks to free them up, which ends up taking a precious player that could be utilized in the offense out of the offense.

Regardless if the Monarchs go out in the first round or win the WNBA Championship, they have got to get them a small forward that can slash and score and create. GET CH HERE TO SACRAMENTO. I do not care what it takes.

Besides that this series is not over by a long shot, These ladies have way to much heart to go out like that. The Sparks are the punks. And as the old hip hop song says "PUNKS JUMP UP TO GET BEAT DOWN!!!!:mad:

1) No one ever said it was over. That's the beauty and heart ache of the WNBA, with one win you are in the driver seat, but lose the next and its anyone's game.

2) Nothing that you have said is new. That's been the M's season, it is who they are. They aren't going to beat you because they are more talented 1-10, they will beat you because a) their team game that they are playing is better than yours, or it overcomes the greatness of one individual player b) their defense is at tip top shape or c) you just aren't very good.

3) The M's have every chance in the world to get it done on Tuesday. They were in no way on their "A" game today, yet had the game for their taking. If they just remember what they did in game 1, the heart, the poise, the energy, they'll be fine...Easier said than done, but I think they're up to it! Go Monarchs! :D

I'm on the it aint over bandwagon too. I think the Sparks are at the ticket window as well. They know they escaped with a win against a disjointed no backcourt/bench offense having Monarchs team. The M's know they let one slip away.

The non shot creating aspect of the team? That's been a weakness for a while. And its one of the reasons why I think they need to make some moves at the end of the season to upgrade.

Rein, I totally agree. No one said this is over. It is just very discouraging to see a team not play to their potential. Just free throws and at least five point-blank shots missed alone could have made the difference. Even if you say Yo and Kara are the only players who can put this team on their backs, the fact is they didn't do it Sunday. In fact Tan has been the offensive presence in both playoff games. Rein is totally correct - this team plays best when it has a total team effort. LA looked scared and then relieved in the second half. We had a chance to step on their throats and we didn't do it. So back to the mantra - intensity, defense, focus, poise. Also, make your lay-ups and free throws and attack the zone. I truly believe that if each team plays their best, we win.

Go Monarchs!

I am not saying that anybody said that the series is over. If anything i am trying to convince myself that it is not over. Because 1-1 in the WNBA is so much different than 1-1 in NBA, MLB, NHL. History does not like the road team's chances when playing a "so called" Game 7. My point is the things there are things that can instantly change the game in the Monarchs favor (free throws, making point blank shots, keeping second chance opportunities at a minimal). But there are also easy correctible things that the Monarchs do not do well, "the they are who they are" things, the things that can come up in a pressure filled Game 3 stuff that could keep this team down. Example: lack of offensive creativity, no scoring threat from the perimeter, a lack of go to players when you need to stop a run.

Am I being too pesimistic? Here are the key intangibles that I think that the Monarchs can draw from in order to win this game.

1. Veteran leadership (they have a ton of that)
2. Defensive prowness
3. Deep bench
4. Desire to win

The Monarchs just have to play the way they did to get within one point in the second half the second game, play agressively, take it strong to the basket and make the Sparks foul you. They only have 8 players!! Granted their starting 5 is argueably the best in the league, make Whitmore, Hodges, and Weatherspoon play to beat you.

If the Monarchs combine the same intensity they played with during the first game and during that stretch in the second game with someone who decides to step it up offensively (Tangela/Kara) then the Monarchs should fare well.

BRING IT LADIES!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Lightforms said:
dang, i got all excited, thought the game was tonight... oh well, another day to heal! go monarchs!
Speaking of healing, has anyone heard about Yo's shoulder? She injured it late in game 2. The M's absolutely cannot win without Yolanda Griffith.

OK....It's all my fault....I wasn't wearing my Tangela t-shirt on Sunday...:(

It has since been laundered:p , and I'm now wearing it at work. I'll be listening to Koz & Krista since we don't have cable here....wah...

So now, we' re ready to go.....

Go Team!

I changed my wardrobe too, Nanc, I thought it was me!

I just saw the half-time show on the NY game and they were discussing LL's lack of presence in the series and Ann Meyers said, "well, she is the league MVP..." Did I miss something? I went to wnba.com to see if she was named MVP for this year and didn't see anything. Isn't Lauren Jackson reigning MVP? Maybe I'm mistaken. I didn't hear the rest because I soon as I hear Ann Meyers start talking about LL my ears start bleeding.

I can't stand the wait....is it 7 yet??????

Well...in Annie's world, Lisa is always the reigning MVP whether she is two years removed from last winning or not.

There is no suspense re: who will be named the MVP this year however. And as long as the award (which is still a week and half away from being announced if memory serves me) is handed to this person as it was Lauren Jackson last year, more power to her.

Still JD said:
I changed my wardrobe too, Nanc, I thought it was me[/QUOTE]

If I could remember what I was wearing on Friday, I would change into it, but I really can't remember what it was. I just tried to make sure I'm doing nothing of the same that I did on Sunday. ;) :D