PTS: 14.6 REB: 7.9 AST: 3.1 PER: 15.96

Outgoing Players: Nene Hilario, Earl Watson

Portland Trail Blazers

Incoming Players

Nene Hilario
Salary: $3,039,889 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 0.0 REB: 0.0 AST: 0.0 PER: -54.77

Outgoing Players: Joel Przybilla, Travis Outlaw

This works financially and would solve pretty much all of our deficiencies. Denver does it because they need a sg and have been rumored to be interested in Bonzi. Portland does it because they want Nene. I think our team would be setup pretty well for now and the future. I like the way our new linup would look...

This year
pg - Bibby / Watson / Hart(cut at years end) / Price
sg - Martin / Garcia / Outlaw
sf - Artest / Garcia / Outlaw / Williamson(may be odd man out)
pf - Thomas / Reef / Williamson
C - Miller / Pryzbilla / Skinner / Sampson(cut at years end)

Next year
pg - Bibby / Watson / Price
sg - Martin / Garcia / Outlaw
sf - Artest / Garcia / Outlaw
pf - Thomas / Reef
C - Miller / Pryzbilla / Skinner

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ForlornKing said:
No way Portland bites but Man I'd LOVE for that too happpen.
Actually, Portland is rumored to be very much interested in Nene.

Its more like no way that Denver bites. They aren't going to just give us Nene for the heck of it after we wre apparently talking Watson for Bonzi this weekend.

Well, how about we give Denver our first rounder this year. With that linup I don't think we would have much room for a rook anyway. Besides, the players involved in the rumor were Bonzi, Watson, and possibly Leonard. Then today the other rumor was that Pryzbilla & Outlaw might be involved with some sort of trade for Nene. All I did was put the three teams together!

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Kingsroots said:
Well, how about we give Denver our first rounder this year. With that linup I don't think we would have much room for a rook anyway. Besides, the players involved in the rumor were Bonzi, Watson, and possibly Leonard. Then today the other rumor was that Pryzbilla & Outlaw might be involved with some sort of trade for Nene. All I did was put the three teams together!
I think that deal would be worth giving up our 1st this year, to Denver, or at least trading ours for Denvers. You should post that deal over at realgm.com with our 1st going to Denver and see what kind of response you get. Seems like a fair deal, of course, all the talk from Portland is that they want to keep Joel. They are just a little scared because they don't have his bird rights or something.

Bricklayer said:
Actually, Portland is rumored to be very much interested in Nene.

Its more like no way that Denver bites. They aren't going to just give us Nene for the heck of it after we wre apparently talking Watson for Bonzi this weekend.
RUMORED.

Portland would be stupid to trade Outlaw and Pryzbilla for Nene.

Outlaw is like our Kevin Martin to the Blazers.

Pryz is their center for the future.

Pryz+Outlaw for an Injured NeNe???

Naw.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ForlornKing said:
RUMORED.

Portland would be stupid to trade Outlaw and Pryzbilla for Nene.

Outlaw is like our Kevin Martin to the Blazers.

Pryz is their center for the future.

Pryz+Outlaw for an Injured NeNe???

Naw.
I think you underestimate what people are looking for out of Nene. People think he has a chance to be a 20pt scoring postup big man, an IMMENSELY valuable piece.

And of course its not a sure thing -- otherwise there would be no undertainty and the deal would already be done. But any deal which does not involve a star level player is certainly rational if you are looking for Nene to be that type of stud. Certainly journeymen centers and young swingmen are well worth the price.

Put another way, and this is all based on the presumed read people have on Nene, but would you trade Pryz and Outlaw to get a young Jermaine O'Neal circa 2000? I hope you're nodding right now.