The ULTIMATE Kings prediction game REVISITED

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The ULTIMATE Kings prediction game

Okay, everyone has their ideas. Who we'll get in free agency, who we'll draft, who we'll trade for, etc.

So I had a thought. If you really have a vision for what you think the team of 2005-2006 will look like, post it here. Just like the prediction game thread, let's try and keep this just for the roster predictions. There are a lot of other threads around where the various options are being discussed.

Here's the format:

PG - 1 player
SG - 1 player
SF - 1 player
PF - 1 player
C - 1 player

Bench: 7 players.

Let's see if anyone can actually predict the roster that will take the court on the first day of the season for 2005-2006.

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Deadline for predictions is midnight before Draft Day OR as soon as the first trade is annouced, whichever is earlier.

Your predictions do not have to meet current salary cap provisions. If you predict we will somehow be able to get Shaq, Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd, etc. then that's your prediction. In addition, let's not get bogged down in discussing whether or not someone's prediction is possible. We have other threads for that. Let's just see if any of our arm-chair GMs can, by whatever means they have available, predict what our line-up will look like come November, 2005.

Remember, predictions cannot be edited once posted. (Subject to revision by VF21 for extraordinary circumstances. Edits made within a few minutes of posting to correct spelling errors, etc. will generally be allowed.) Points will be awarded based on number of correct players named, with bonus pointed awarded for correct differentiation between starting and bench players.

REMINDER: PLEASE PUT WHOLE NAMES FOR PLAYERS.

I have no idea if there will be any prize other than bragging rights.

NOTE: I'm going to mark the entries with the green circle/arrow so they'll stand out from the rest of the posts.

ANOTHER NOTE: In the case of duplications, the person who has posted their prediction first will count.

T

thesanityannex

Pg-Mike Bibby
Sg-Maurice Evans
Sf-Peja Stojakovic
Pf-Stromile Swift
C-Brad Miller

Bench-Bobby Jackson(Pg), Kevin Martin(Sg), Marco Jaric(Pg/Sg), Matt Barnes(Sf), Sean May(Pf), Ostertag(C), Vlade Divac(C).

I didn't bother to see if all these would work salary wise so if anyone wants to see if this works, let me know what it came out to, or if this is impossible, I'm sure someone will let me know. Basically dropping/trading: Williamson, Thomas, Daniels, House, Mobley, Songalia, and Skinner, using that for trades above, and drafting Sean May.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Starters:
Point Guard: Mike Bibby
Shooting Guard: Maurice Evans
Small Forward: Desmond Mason
Power Forward: Joe Smith
Center: Brad Miller

Bench:
G - Bobby Jackson
G - Raja Bell (insurance policy, in case Evans doesn't pan out as a starter)
G - Kevin Martin
F - Corliss Williamson
F - Kwame Brown
F - Matt Barnes
C - Calvin F. Booth

And, just for clarification, this lineup isn't necessarily a reflection on who I'd like us to get (although I have publically advocated a Stojakovic/Thomas for Mason/Smith trade), so much as it is a depiction of whom I think we'll end up with. For example, I would very much like for us to sign Donyell Marshall, or Chris Andersen, or Dan Gadzuric... which means, with my luck, that we're probably going to end up with Calvin F. Booth.

F: Peja Stojakovic
F: Brad Miller
C: Samuel Dalembert
G: Maurice Evans
G: Mike Bibby

Bench: C: Greg Ostertag
F: Darius Songaila
F: Corliss Williamson
G: Eddie House
G: Bobby Jackson
F/G: Kevin Martin
F/C: Johan Petro

PG-Bibby
SG-Raja Bell
SF-Paul Peirce
PF-Kenny Thomas
C- Brad Miller

Bench
(PF:))Brian Skinner
C-Greg Ostertag
SG-Kevin Martin
PG-Eddie House
SF/PF-Corliss Williamson
SG/SF-Fransico Garcia
PF-Darius Songilia

PG: Mike Bibby

SG: Larry Hughes (Trade)

SF: Ron Artest (Trade)

PF: Eddie Griffin (FA)

C: Brad Miller

Back-ups: Bobby Jackson, Steve Blake(FA), Francisco Elson (FA), Rookie(?), Eddie Gill, Etan Thomas, Rookie(?)

Gone: Opted Out: Mobley, Songalia
Traded: Peja, Skinner, Williamson, Thomas, and Evans, House, and Tag!

Starters: PG: Mike Bibby
SG: Maurice Evans
C : Brad Miller
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: Kenny Thomas

Bench:
G: Bobby Jackson
G: Kevin Martin
G: Eddie House
C: Greg Ostertag
C: Kosta Perovic
F: Corliss Williamson
F: Matt Barnes

PG-Mike Bibby
SG-Larry Hughes
SF-Peja Stojakovic
PF-Udonis Haslem
C-Brad Miller

G-Bobby Jackson
G-Maurice Evans
G-Eddie House
SF-Corliss Williamson
PF-Kwame Brown
PF-Brian Skinner
C-Greg Ostertag

G

godsthename

dominant team

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Marquis Daniels
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Brad Miller
C - Chris Kaman

Bench: 7 players.
Bobby Jackson
Joel Przybilla
Donyell Marshall
Greg Ostertag
Eddie House
Zeljko Rebracca

Cuttino Mobley- agrees to a sign and trade to La for Chris Kaman and Zeljko Rebracca.

Darius Songaila- opts out

Kenny Thomas- Traded to the Dallas Mavericks for Marquis Daniels

Brian Skinner and Kevin Martin- Traded to toronto for donyell marshall

Erik Daniels and 2005 pick- traded to portland for Joel Przybilla

I didnt make sure the salaries worked but they were pretty close. This will prolly not happen but it would be amazing if it did. Chris kaman as our center we could move Miller to PF and with the addition of Marqius Daniels in the starting lineup and Joel Przybilla, donyell Marshall, Bobby jackson, Zeljko Rebracca, and maruice Evans coming off the bench the kings of Sacramento would be kings of the NBA in 05.

Starters:

PF Stromile Swift (via Memphis Sign and Trade)
SF Peja Stojakovic
C Brad Miller
SG Bonzi Wells (via Memphis Sign and Trade)
PG Mike Bibby

Bench:
F Kenny Thomas
G Bobby Jackson
F Corliss Williamson
C Greg Ostertag
G Kevin Martin
G Eddie House
F Wayne Seimens (Kansas/ Draft)

Trades: Sign and Trade; Mobley and Skinner (possibly Thomas, Tag or williamson instead) to Memphis for resigned Stromile Swift and Bonzi Wells

Departures: Mo Evans will get a $2-3 mil per year offer from another club, and the kings will decline to match (see Jim Jackson and luxury tax), Songaila will get $3-4mil per year offer from another team and the kings will decline to match (see Jim Jackson and luxury tax)

Staying: Eddie House, willing to sign for near vets. minimum, thus staying with kings

I really have no idea. I'm gonna post what is feasible and what I would like to see. I'm sure Petrie will do something none of us expect but all of us will like anyway, so here goes.

PG Mike Bibby
SG Mike Miller
SF Shane Battier
PF Darius Songaila
C Brad Miller

Bench:
G Bobby Jackson
G Maurice Evans
PF Wayne Simien (Draft PF Kansas)
C Greg Ostertag
PG Eddie House
F Brian Skinner
C Jake Tsakalidis

I'm assuming we make a blockbuster trade with Memphis. I've had a hunch since the last playoff game we were gonna get Mike Miller so I'm sticking with that here. Trade Stojakovic, Williamson, Thomas for Miller, Battier, Tsakalidis. Leaves us a little thin at PF and really doesn't address our interior issues just like the last couple years. I honestly don't think this will be a surprise to anyone if we don't improve in those areas. We haven't really made much effort to improve in those areas anyway. Hopefully Simien will be able to contribute off the bench right away and provide something inside.

O

ONEZERO

Pg: bibby
Sg: m. miller
Sf: peja
Pf: swift
C: miller

Bench: jackson, songaila, evans, skinner, house, tag, martin.

We trade thomas, williamson, and a couple of future first or second round picks to memphis for swift and miller.

Starters :

SG: Mo Evans
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Brad Miller
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Bench :
SG Bobby Jackson
PF Darius Songila
PF Wayne Simien
PG Eddy House
SG Kevin Martin
C Greg Ostertag
C/F Brian Skinner

Somehow we get rid of Thomas/Williamson for low draft picks. Peja gets traded for Artest... ;)

SG: Mo Evans
PF: Sean May

Bench:
Eddie House (PG), Jon Barry (SG), Kevin Martin (SG), Matt Barnes (SF), Brian Skinner (C), Kenny Thomas (PF), Vlade Divac (C)

Starters:

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Maurice Evans
SF- Peja Stojakovic
PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
C - Brad Miller

Bench:

Kenny Thomas - SF/PF
Darius Songalia - PF
Eddie House - PG
Greg Ostertag - C
Kevin Martin - SG
Mickael Gelabele - SG/SF (draft)
Brian Skinner - PF/C

Unfortunately nothing to make you want to go and scream with joy at first sight, but might surprise in the end.

This has the Kings giving Songalia an increase and retaining Eddie House. The Kings also let Mobley walk to offset the other increases elsewhere. The only trade is Williamson and Jackson along with part of the trade exceptions in a sign and trade with Portland. Portland does this to get a veteran point guard and model citizen, both items they could use.

Starters:
pg: Mike Bibby
sg: Mo Evans
sf: Peja Stojakovic
pf: Kenny Thomas
c: Brad miller

back up: eddie house, greg ostertag, Scott Padgett, Zeljko Rebraca,
Brian skinner, Kevin martin, Bobby jackson

basically, i think thats it, and i hate to say it but i think the kings roster is gonna look like that: a lot of common names but none that stick out.

Starters:
PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Stromile Swift
C - Brad Miller

Bench:
Eddie House - G
Greg Ostertag - C
Kevin Martin - G
Brian Skinner - PF/C
Matt Barnes - SF
Mo Evans - G
Darius Songaila - PF

Sign and trade Cuttino and B Jackson for Michael Redd (with something else, not sure what though...) and Memphis will sign and trade Stromile Swift for Corliss Williamson and Kenny Thomas (and some fillers in there).

From the Hip !!!

PG's = Bibby - B Jax - House
SG's = Artest - Mo Evans - Kev Martin
SF's = Stojakovic - C Williamson
PF's = Swift - W Simien
C's = Miller - Ostertag

Gawd ... I look at that, HAVE A GOOD LAUGH and say NO WAY !!!!

Cloud 9 - you can be what you wanna be
Cloud 9 - your a million miles from reality

EDIT by VF21:

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Ron Artest
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Stromile Swift
C - Brad Miller
Bench : Bobby Jackson, Eddie House, Mo Evans, Kevin Martin, Corliss Williamson, W. Simien, G. Ostertag.

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Bonzi Wells
SF - Predrag Stojakovic
PF - Kwame Brown
C - Brad Miller

Bench: Bobby Jackson, Hedo Turkoglu, Darius Songaila, Brian Skinner, Greg Ostertag, Kevin Martin, Eddie House

Draft Nemanja Aleksandrov and keep him in Europe for a couple of years to develop.

starters-
pg-bibby
sg-corey maggette
sf-jimmy jackson
pf-brad miller
c-chris kaman

bench-
bobby jackson, kevin martin, raja bell, corliss williamson, chris wilcox, ostertag, dan gadzuric

draft-
cj miles

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Hard to know if Petrie is in a trading mood or not. If we have Brad all year in the middle, we're back near the top. Bibby becomes interesting at he is almost more of a SG and definitely the "go to" guy late. Get a top PG and put Bibby as a SG? hmmm. Here is quiet (Petrie not making any trades) list:

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Maurice Evans
SF - Pedja Stojakovic
PF - Kenny Thomas
C - Brad Miller
Bench - Bobby Jackson, Eddie House, Kevin Martin, Dejan Bodiroga, Corliss Williamson, Darius Songaila, Brian Skinner.

(acknowledged that this was edited to follow the rules. My bad. Now OK) :eek:

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Stromwile Swift
C - Brad Miller

BENCH - Bobby Jackson, Donyell Marshall, Brian Skinner, Eddie House, Darius Songalia, Jon Barry, DRAFT-Rudy Fernandez (put in the 12th spot)

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Maurice Evans
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Stromile Swift
C - Brad Miller

Bench: Kevin Martin, Brian Skinner, Corliss Williamson, Greg Ostertag, Bobby Jackson, Charlie Villenueva, Earl Watson

Starters:
PG Jason Williams
SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad
SF Peja Stojakovic
PF Chris Webber
C Vlade Divac

Bench Bobby Jackson
Bench Corliss Williamson
Bench Jon Barry
Bench Vernon Maxwell
Bench Hedo Turkoglu
Bench Scot Pollard
Bench Lawrence Funderburke

(edit was solely cuz I put Peja twice)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Mo Evans
SF - Kenny Thomas
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Dan Gadzuric

Bench: Kevin Martin, Matt Barnes, Corliss Williamson, Jake Tsakalidis, Matt Palacio, Eddie House, Greg Ostertag.

Starting Line-Up:

SG: Joe Johnson
PF: Stromile Swift

Bench: Kevin Martin, Dan Gadzurick(sp), Corliss Williamson, Bobby Jackson, Maurice Evans, Greg ostertag

Draft:
Wayne Simeien

Starters:
SG: Joe Johnson
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Brian Skinner

Bench: Bobby Jackson, Maurice Evans, Kenny Thomas, Kevin Martin, Greg Ostertag, Matt Barnes, Corliss Williamson

How is it possible that we keep Bibby and Peja and get Kevin? Lets just say Geoff Petrie knows what hes doing. :)

VF21 said:
Anyone else?
I made and changed my line up so many times I have lost count. Just when I think I've got it, I find a problem. So this is what I have now. It'll be different as soon as I post, but here goes. The bench is a whole other issue for me:eek:

PG- Mike Bibby
SG- Bobby Jackson
SF- Kenny Thomas
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Brian Skinner

Bench- Darious Songaila, Kevin Martin, Mo Evans, Matt Barnes, Eddie House, Greg Ostertag, Corliss Williamson

:mad: I've already changed my mind, but here goes anyway!!! BTW, can I do another line-up if I ever make up my mind for good??