The time to trade Evans has come

S

sactownfan

Evans was a unique talent that from the beginning was going to be a difficult fit for any team that drafted him. Evans is a monster when he's healthy and with the right mix of players around him should be a fine NBA player.

not an all-star but a good player... his rookie year is officially a fluke... he was the best player on a REALLY BAD TEAM... enough said... since teams have figured him out ....and clearly Evans is too slow to do any damage with all the extra attention coming his way... plus he's not a good enough passer to create for anyone when the help defense comes...

im sick and tired of the me first ball hog'n that has become the signature of this team... and it starts with Evans... if you just sub in someone like a Rubio for Evans we have guys that can shoot! and do some other things... as well as create their own shot too if need be...

with a Rubio type pass first player this team improves drastically right away... things like spacing the floor, getting the ball to guys for easy looks... more movement... i mean hell! why should anyone on this team run around right now when its obvious NO ONES GONNA FIND HIM IF HES OPEN!!!

I'd trade Evans for Rubio straight up right now... of course MIN wouldn't do that deal because Evans has killed his value after last season and is gonna continue killing his value every game he plays from here on out...

but... maybe theres someone out there who's willing to bet the have the right pieces to accommodate Evans style allowing him to once again be a force.... ??? and we can land a high 1st round pick (to draft a pass first player) or just land an impact pass first player...

Look Cousins and Thornton can be a solid 2 guys to build from... its not like having to start all over again... as look as Cousins continues to grow.

But we need a FLOOR GENERAL ! to bring order to this team on the offense... and right now there is nothing close to that on this roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every thing about this team sucks, not just Evans, not just he and the players, not just he, they and the coach, and not even just he, they, him and the GM.

Last edited:
Actually, I must say I have to agree, but only if we get a star true point guard in return... Not sure if we'd be having these offense issues if we had Rubio right now.

S

sactownfan

uhh....yes....?... ... wow well you must really be enjoying the Evans show so far this year and every game he played last year... you can quote me here "he will never regain his same level of play he had that first year" he's done as a future super star in this league... he can be good... even great but... he's done being the best player on this team...

Cousins is officially the new and ONLY hope (dear lord) this team has in a super star caliber player. Thornton is the only other possible all-star caliber player...

that is unless we can land another super star via trade or draft...

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We have a court leader in Jimmer although he needs a lot of seasoning. I'm not ready to hit the panic button and also I doubt if there are many teams looking for atrae this early in the season. I get your point as Tyreke is looking awkward but so is everyone else.

I'm not up for this kind of change now but I'm sure this will be a long thread.

Now, if we talk of coaching change, I'll listen more attentively. I hate to use Adelman as an example but there certainly are other coaches who can adjust to unique talents. They don't try to shoe horn a player into a given role or list of epectations but adjust the team's offense and defense to fit the manpower. I don't think these coaches are plentiful nor cheap.

Damn Magoofs. This is what happens when you get a mediocre coach. Mediocre results. I would give anything to have Adelman back. At least his T-Wolves can match with the Heat.

Actually, I must say I have to agree, but only if we get a star true point guard in return... Not sure if we'd be having these offense issues if we had Rubio right now.
no we won't kings would be pretty fun to watch if we did have the kid... rather than seeing evans pound the ball.

Kings have ZERO confidence and look defeated from court to bench. If there's a system, it's more a sewer system. Yes, Tyreke is nothing more than a mediocre player who can't hit free throws, thus far. But they all look depressed. Wouldn't be shocked to see an early head coaching change if play doesn't dramatically improve.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nope, Rubio is a decent defender and has size.
Decent defense doesn't help when the other guards on the team also don't play defense. Decent defense works good with good defense next to it. Decent defense with terrible defense along side it only results in the decent defense being dragged down.

This is just my opinion but I think Tyreke is flawed in the court awareness dept. He is OBVIOUSLY not a leader for sure. He used to be almost a "closer" but I'd rather have Thornton at end game with the ball in his hands now. I don't want to get too crazy but something aint right with Tyreke.. I dunno if it's bad coaching, drugs, alcohol, just complacent, just not that good or what but he HAS gone backwards.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
uhh....yes....?... ... wow well you must really be enjoying the Evans show so far this year and every game he played last year... you can quote me here "he will never regain his same level of play he had that first year" he's done as a future super star in this league... he can be good... even great but... he's done being the best player on this team...

Cousins is officially the new and ONLY hope (dear lord) this team has in a super star caliber player. Thornton is the only other possible all-star caliber player...

that is unless we can land another super star via trade or draft...
... Yeah, my answer's still no.

I'm pretty close to agreeing. I don't think he's why they're losing but I also don't feel like his game is progressing at all and he's not helping the team win.. He's become a one dimensional player. May be wise to move him now before his trade value gets any lower. I wish he'd prove me wrong because I like him but he seems to have stagnated as a player.

Let's see how this team plays once we get a real coach before we trade any of the young(er) players. We're getting a new coach soon, right?

Speaking of Hawes, I don't think its because his contract year. I think he's just breaking out and being the brilliant talent developing team we are we traded him at the ripe old veteran age of 22. Thats why trading Evans would be a stupid idea.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This is just my opinion but I think Tyreke is flawed in the court awareness dept. He is OBVIOUSLY not a leader for sure. He used to be almost a "closer" but I'd rather have Thornton at end game with the ball in his hands now. I don't want to get too crazy but something aint right with Tyreke.. I dunno if it's bad coaching, drugs, alcohol, just complacent, just not that good or what but he HAS gone backwards.
Yes something is wrong. Some people have little court vision but he seems to have none. He seems to have almost no confidence and although people want to trade him, how do you trade someone who seems so flawed? I'd rather work with him than give him up for nothing.

Yeah...Idk how I feel. I thought he could be the next C-Webb at an early age, but his growth has stagnated. I would change coaches first, and if that variable doesn't help, then Tyreke should go. Just breaking out? He's regressed significantly since his rookie year.

He's not the reason they're losing. I think it's their playstyle and being incredibly selfish, always. The Knicks moved the ball around alot. Even when Bibby was in I saw the flashes of the ball movement from him that reminded me of the old days.

But if that's his true court vision and game IQ, he'll be nothing more than a scrub.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Hawes, I don't think its because his contract year. I think he's just breaking out and being the brilliant talent developing team we are we traded him at the ripe old veteran age of 22. Thats why trading Evans would be a stupid idea.
We traded Hawes and Noc for Daly and now only have cap space where Daly used to be and we didn't spend the cap space. Absurd. I agree on the comparison to Tyreke.

Yes something is wrong. Some people have little court vision but he seems to have none. He seems to have almost no confidence and although people want to trade him, how do you trade someone who seems so flawed? I'd rather work with him than give him up for nothing.
I don't think anyone is advocating giving him up for nothing. But if you packaged him with another player and a future first rounder you could probably get a good player in return.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Let's see how this team plays once we get a real coach before we trade any of the young(er) players. We're getting a new coach soon, right?
If this keeps up yuo gotta believe Keith Smart is coaching inside of a month. The Maloofs won't want to pee away the whole season and will have to make the change soon enough that maybe we can make a run at things if we respond to the change.

Westphal has simply got to change up what he's doing here, because he has the entire team confused as hell...again. And he's got no more contract left for security, and a former head coach sitting right next to him on the bench.