The ongoing saga of Kings injuries

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Fans help pay for player salaries, coaching salaries, the salaries of the FO and the overhead of the arena.

It is also fans tuning into tv broadcasts nationally which the league's tv revenue largely comes from, which is divided amongst the teams.

A healthy and respectful two-way relationship would suggest the team would be forthcoming about information which impacts the product on the court, such as injuries.

A torn labrum is a very straight forward injury. The team's own twitter account says this injury has caused Holmes to miss 16 games. An MRI would have taken places at the time of injury so the team kept this from the fans and used generic "shoulder injury" terminology in order to mislead.

BTW, suggesting the misleading terminology is used to protect trade value shows a complete misunderstanding of how trades work. Medical statements are transferred and trades are contingent upon passing a physical evaluation. A team would not find itself in a situation where it trades for a player with a torn labrum and they not knowing about it before the completion of the trade.

I really hope that Fox and the other injured Kings players are getting the very best treatment and therapy possible from the training/medical staff. It’s too bad that some of us fans are left with doubts about the care the guys on the team are receiving.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: This was initially the Richaun Holmes Shoulder Injury thread. It's been expanded to discuss other Kings injuries since they apparently aren't going away any time soon. :(

Did anyone catch that interview with Fox where he said that he got a second opinion from a doctor in OKC? Is that normal, or am I just reading too much into that considering all the comments swirling around the training/medical staff recently?

When a team like the Kings has played soft for so long, the addition of a 7 foot guy from the Ukraine is what they need.
Mr. Holmes started something with his attitude and style of play.
It will be great to have everyone back, although Bagley may be done for this year.

When a team like the Kings has played soft for so long, the addition of a 7 foot guy from the Ukraine is what they need.
Mr. Holmes started something with his attitude and style of play.
It will be great to have everyone back, although Bagley may be done for this year.
I am hoping Bagley actually comes back too we could use him. Why does everyone assume he is done for the year?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Getting everyone back is going to make a massive minutes crunch. Hopefully it doesn’t throw off the good thing we have going right now.

We will need more big bodies to get to the end and hopefully where we want to be. Holmes should be able to be more of a immediate and definite defense presence.
Plus his offense is more created like lens. We have been lucky in regards to our centers as both have been a very pleasant surprise and our defense when needed to shut a opponent down should be very effective.

Bagley could come in handy but I believe he could be disruptive if given major minutes trying to integrate him back into the rotation. I see him more of what has happened to Giles as when the game slows down for him and he has had time to work on things he will be very good.
Not saying don’t play him but bringing him in off the bench in regards to a mismatch and a up tempo change of pace?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
We will need more big bodies to get to the end and hopefully where we want to be. Holmes should be able to be more of a immediate and definite defense presence.
Plus his offense is more created like lens. We have been lucky in regards to our centers as both have been a very pleasant surprise and our defense when needed to shut a opponent down should be very effective.

Bagley could come in handy but I believe he could be disruptive if given major minutes trying to integrate him back into the rotation. I see him more of what has happened to Giles as when the game slows down for him and he has had time to work on things he will be very good.
Not saying don’t play him but bringing him in off the bench in regards to a mismatch and a up tempo change of pace?
Walton has to make some tough decisions regardless if Bagley comes back or not. If he does come back things get reeeeally sticky. This is a small ball team with too many bigs, none of which are everything you need in one guy. If Walton attempts to play traditionally big he has all of about 2 games worth of testing before he has to pick his poison. The positive with someone like Len is he can possibly be subbed in as needed for single minute stretches of defense but the rest can't. This is a team offense and team defense team as well so randomly subbing players in as needed has already shown to be a total loser since it completely throws off their rhythm. It this were a team full of Kent Bazemores maybe you can do that but this is a team with basically, well, one of those haha.