The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Okay, so I'm a little late, but I had to comment on the Cardinals' baserunning so far in this game; horrendous. They's allowed themselves to have two runs taken away from them by the two worst defenders on the entire Red Sox team... whasupwitdat?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't generally watch the "other" b-ball... I have to confess to sneaking a peak every now and then for this series. Having watched their team defeat the Anti-Christ and his minions, making MLB history while doing so, I can't help but hope this is the year for long-suffering Boston fans.

SOX ROXS!!

;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I tell you what: I don't actually watch a lot of baseball, but in what I've seen of the past two postseasons, I've never seen a team that was better at scoring with two outs than the Red Sox have been in the ALCS and the World Series. There be clutch hitting.

3-0 baby... 3-0... go SOX.

if the sox win this year, then the cubs have to win next year :D

cardinal's bombers have dissapeared... rolen and edmons have totally gone off the map. i don't think rolen has a hit yet in the WS.

hoopsfan said:
Now that the Sox are up 3-0...now I hope they lose the next 4. How weird would that be??
More than weird and unbelievably historic, it would make "the curse" immortal and more invicible than ever.

The sox are too dominant right now for them too lose. Their pitching is flawless and thier hitting has been incredible. There is no way that the cardinals are going to make any type of comeback, maybe i might give them one game tonight, but that is in a dead end, must win effort. Although I would really like for the games to go back to good ol' BEAN-TOWN so they can win their and have the crowd run on the filed or somethin crazy like that, like in the old days, remember? Other than that.....GO SOX!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I am extremely disappointed. The ALCS and the NLCS were both exciting 7 game series. Then, the Cardinals forget to show up for the World Series. What is up with that? I hate 4 game sweeps.........boring, boring, boring. But, that sure looks like what we are headed for.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, since I'm pulling for the Red Sox, I'm glad it looks like a sweep; I couldn't imagine the despair and panic in New England if Boston fails to close this game out...

Heart of the Cardinals' order in the bottom of the ninth; if it's going to happen, it's got to happen now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bit of a bummer for baseball though -- its a boring sport but like any sport (see hockey) a good playoff season can be exciting and win you fans. They were having a great postseason, but then the it kind of had to go and peak one week before the actual final out. Any new fans you thought you'd won in the championship series then get treated to a routine and not terribly exciting World Series, and maybe the excitement ebbs. Oh well.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bricklayer said:
Bit of a bummer for baseball though -- its a boring sport but like any sport (see hockey) a good playoff season can be exciting and win you fans. They were having a great postseason, but then the it kind of had to go and peak one week before the actual final out. Any new fans you thought you'd won in the championship series then get treated to a routine and not terribly exciting World Series, and maybe the excitement ebbs. Oh well.
Agreed, Brick......and my point, exactly. It is never fun to see a 4 game World Series...especially when it is such a let down after great League Championship Series. They did get a lot of fans watching though, simply to see the curse broken.

In a pure sense of sport, I don't know how any sports fan can watch this series, this post season, these Boston Red Sox's and not be inpsired...not have hope for their team. A team that you know is good, but something is always holding them back. There is hope, Boston personified that in every sense of the word.

I congratulate Boston Red Sox's fans all over. I just got off the phone with a friend who is in the New England area and the place is going absolutely crazy!

vj9999 said:
I feel bad for Nomar :( He's a nice guy and definately deserved to be a part of this.

I do hope he stays a Cub next season.
He won't get a ring, but he'll he a more than fair share of the monetary playoff bonus...or so I've heard.