The Official "Please, for the love of God, do NOT hire Don Nelson!" Thread

Don Nelson average playoff record per year:

2.6W 3.15L

Rick Adelman average playoff record per year:

4.53W 4.26 L

Don Nelson has missed the playoffs 10 of his 27 coaching years to Adleman's 2 of 15. He has also never won a conference championship, which Adelman has done twice. In short: You'd have to be crazy.

I think they cut their hair too. Anyway, not an Adelman fan but I actually think he is a better coach than Don Nelson at this point in their respective careers. Don Nelson, no thanks.

Sacto=Slappo said:
Don-Don coach Ron-Ron? Barf.
Only if he gets similar shoes to match Artest's. Otherwise NEVER! I like Adelman, I don't mind if we get a new coach as this point. I'll like him to stay, but if there must be a change, it better not be Nelson.

I am SO ON THIS BANDWAGON!!

Nellie is a Poor Man's Adelman, but at least Adelman can take what he has and make the best out of it. Nellie would take what he has and make what he wants out of it. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Infinity.

Purple Reign said:
...Then again, Denver has more, and Nelson already has a history of uprooting George Karl. Stay tuned. With Kevin Garnett on the trade block and Nelson available as a free agent, the Western playoff race could get real interesting.
This is by far the most interesting quote in all of that. Let's get him boys Maloof! By "him" I mean KG of course.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
GoGoGadget said:
I'd rather we hire the band Nelson, than Don Nelson.

If nothing else, their flowing blonde manes would go nicely with the gold lame.
I'm embarassed to admit this but as others have speculated they have indeed cut their hair. One of them was even recently on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club trying to shed vanity pounds (everyone else on the show is severely overweight).

I've got nothing against Nellie, other than I don't want him coming to Sac.