***The Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread***NO TWITTER SPOILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back we didn’t miss out on much. A few players picked around that time are already out of the league or written off as far end of the bench talent. Which is remarkable considering it’s 2 years ago. Just a weak ass draft.
Yeah, that was a really bad draft with regards to talent.

To be fair that was an awful draft and Luka is more available for evaluation seeing as he has a lot more relevant film.

Papa ran the floor well. Had great size. He was drafted for his physical attributes. I don’t think at the time Vlade was taking into account the league shift that endangers guys like Papa(Lukas game is perfect for today’s league). He was always seen as a project. Vlade saw a little bit of himself in Papa style most likely. There were signs of great finesse and touch. They likely saw he didn’t have the mentality or IQ to reach his potential or correct his terrible habits..so we ended it.

Looking back we didn’t miss out on much. A few players picked around that time are already out of the league or written off as far end of the bench talent. Which is remarkable considering it’s 2 years ago. Just a weak ass draft.
Well said. The PapaG experiment was not a mistake in the context of "bad judgement." Just an investment that didn't pan out. Now if Vlade drafts another PapaG, that will qualify as a mistake.

Can bagley do anything other than dunking?

How is someone with less weight than wcs going to box out at the next level? You know cuz wcs boxes out so well

Can bagley do anything other than dunking?

How is someone with less weight than wcs going to box out at the next level? You know cuz wcs boxes out so well
I'm personally intrigued by Bagley and yes, he can do more than just dunk. He's a disruptive force with his speed and agility at his size. He could really blossom in the next few years if he develops his perimeter game. On defense, he has a really good motor so not too worried. Have to accept he's not a rim protector so will need some complimentary help that will need to be worked out.

Bagley is barely 19 yo, and if he didn't declare early for college this upcoming year would've been his freshman year!

With all that said, still prefer Luka but Bagley has a lot to work with.

BAGLEY! :D BAGLEY! :D BAGLEY! :D
TRUST THE PROPHECY TRUST THE PROPHECY
TRUST THE BLOB :p TRUST THE BLOB :p
TRUST THE PROPHECY TRUST THE PROPHECY
TRUST THE BLOB :p TRUST THE BLOB :p

This is just ridiculous. Since Ayton is apparrently lock at #1, only Kings fans would ever need to be terrified that we might do something as stupid as pass on Doncic and take Bagley. Only for Kings fans could this situation ever be the reality.

ATL, MEM, and DAL all want Luka imo. It takes two teams to make a trade, but if the Kings are high on Bagley then hopefully Vlade is talking to ATL. If Kings are still infatuated with MPJ, start talking to MEM then DAL. There has to be a future 1st rounder from one of those teams.

Because 90% want Doncic. It's Ricky Rubio hysteria all over, people are gonna be pissed until the see Luka play in the NBA.
The hysteria may not be just among fans with teams jockeying to get the #3 pick to take Luka. I think the Hawks floated feigned interest in Luka to garner increase value for the #3 pick. If I was the Hawks and do not get a trade offer I like, I would take Mo Bamba. I don't see Luka falling past #4 barring a trade.

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - Bamba
4. Grizzlies - Luka

Any team above or thereafter that takes Jaren Jackson over Mo Bamba will regret it. Also any team that takes Trae Young over Collin Sexton will regret it. If Miles Bridge slides past the late lottery or further, I hope we can make a play to add him.

ATL, MEM, and DAL all want Luka imo. It takes two teams to make a trade, but if the Kings are high on Bagley then hopefully Vlade is talking to ATL. If Kings are still infatuated with MPJ, start talking to MEM then DAL. There has to be a future 1st rounder from one of those teams.
Imo Atlanta is a smokescreen to get Memphis or Dallas to trade with them. If they stay at three I think jjj is their pick.

The hysteria may not be just among fans with teams jockeying to get the #3 pick to take Luka. I think the Hawks floated feigned interest in Luka to garner increase value for the #3 pick. If I was the Hawks and do not get a trade offer I like, I would take Mo Bamba. I don't see Luka falling past #4 barring a trade.

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - Bamba
4. Grizzlies - Luka

Any team above or thereafter that takes Jaren Jackson over Mo Bamba will regret it. Also any team that takes Trae Young over Collin Sexton will regret it. If Miles Bridge slides past the late lottery or further, I hope we can make a play to add him.
I just said the same thing in the post below lol. Expcept I think they want jjj. Either way, not expecting Atlanta to take Doncic at #3.

Imo Atlanta is a smokescreen to get Memphis or Dallas to trade with them. If they stay at three I think jjj is their pick.
If JJJ goes #3, then Bamba will go #5 or vice versa. I think the Top 5 is pretty much set with this uncertainty....

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - Bamba (JJJ)
4. Grizzlies - Luka
5. Mavs - JJJ (Bamba)

I am confident this is what we will see.....unless Vivek intervenes "crowd sources" the pick, then all bets are off. :p

If JJJ goes #3, then Bamba will go #5 or vice versa. I think the Top 5 is pretty much set with this uncertainty....

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - Bamba (JJJ)
4. Grizzlies - Luka
5. Mavs - JJJ (Bamba)

I am confident this is what we will see.....unless Vivek intervenes "crowd sources" the pick, then all bets are off. :p
Exactly how I have it.

Well said. The PapaG experiment was not a mistake in the context of "bad judgement." Just an investment that didn't pan out. Now if Vlade drafts another PapaG, that will qualify as a mistake.
Exactly. PapaG could be decent but he seems like a lazy lazy dude not willing to put in the work

Really? He looked like he got in really good shape compared to where he was his rookie season. I just think he was too slow for the modern nba, lesson learned by Vlade I'm sure.
He improved sure, but not to the level required to get the speed explosion etc to be a valuable player. Perhaps "lazy lazy" is too harsh and more accurate is he needed exceptional dedication and hard work and he just didnt have the mental fortitude or willingness to do that. Sure his body improved but he was never close to having his body fully tuned to getbthe most out of it.

Perhaps a lesson learned by Mike Bratz too who allegedly lost his job for pushing to draft Papa G.
I really doubt that's why Bratz was fired. Who else was available at #13? Vlade and/or Bratz made a really good trade getting Bogdan. Would much rather have Bodgon than Criss.

Status
Not open for further replies.