The Kings unveiled their new Nike jerseys

I really liked the crown beneath the collar on the old uniforms, so I'm sad to see that go - thought I'm sure they made that decision to reduce clutter with the new nike logo and the blue diamond logo.

Also, I saw this:
Paul Lukas @UniWatch
Kings team spox confirms that although colors may look slightly different in new uni photos, team colors are unchanged.

I'm happy to hear this because I liked the older shade of purple better.

The revised side piping is FAR improved so I love to see that. And mostly, I'm so excited to see that the SAC jerseys will be our primary road uniforms

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I actually kind of liked the look of the crown at the collar. And obviously the advertising logos are not my favorite thing.

Otherwise they seem about the same. I'm not sure whether the purple has changed - sometimes that color doesn't translate right in digital colorspaces so it might actually be the same on the fabric.

One thing I do like is that the NBA is now going away from the traditional home/road unis. Now for each team there will be a traditional white, a main color dark, and two other alternates (yet to be revealed, supposedly one "inspired by players" and the other "inspired by fans", whatever that means). The home team will get to select their preferred uni for each game and then the road team will pick a contrasting uni. No more "home = white" rule, that had been going by the wayside recently anyway. We might get to see a lot of dark vs dark (since our purple should contrast with most other darks) or dark vs alternate matchups, which sounds great to me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No more "home = white" rule, that had been going by the wayside recently anyway. We might get to see a lot of dark vs dark (since our purple should contrast with most other darks) or dark vs alternate matchups, which sounds great to me.
Totally agree! I guess they finally remembered they don't have to worry about people not being able to tell the difference between the teams if they're watching on a black and white TV. :p

Another understated improvement, IMO, is the pattern of the fabric. When we switched to adidas, they switched to a vented mesh pattern that I never quite liked. Nike's new material looks like it is solid throughout and it makes the uniforms look a bit more crisp.

Another understated improvement, IMO, is the pattern of the fabric. When we switched to adidas, they switched to a vented mesh pattern that I never quite liked. Nike's new material looks like it is solid throughout and it makes the uniforms look a bit more crisp.
This might be what I like about it.. I like the fit a lot better as well. The old collar always seemed like WNBA jerseys to me.. Definitely like the old 90's style Champion brand jersey type.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I can't beleive they are still running with the stupid capitalization scheme of "KInGS" on the unis. Looks absolutely rediculous. Just awful. Whoever started that should be fired. Then made to work for the Lakers and not get paid. :mad:

I can't beleive they are still running with the stupid capitalization scheme of "KInGS" on the unis. Looks absolutely rediculous. Just awful. Whoever started that should be fired. Then made to work for the Lakers and not get paid. :mad:
Could be worse. The scheme could be "KInGs"...or is it? o_O

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Last I remember seeing they won't be putting the ads on the jerseys sold to the public (or will at least have the option).
I thought so too. Doing a little googling:

Beginning next season, Kings jerseys with the ad patch will be sold at the retail shop inside the Golden 1 Center, which opened this month.
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jo...ting-and-Sponsorship/Kings-Blue-Diamond.aspx?

The new jerseys have a raised Nike swoosh, which will be on retail versions. Nine teams have struck deals to put a corporate logo on their uniforms. Those logos will not appear on jerseys sold by national retailers, but the teams themselves can offer to sell the jerseys with ad patches to fans.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20094879/new-uniform-provider-nike-unveils-lighter-nba-jersey