The king has left the building.

As someone who has grown up benefitting from the wonderful color commentary of the one and only jerry reynolds, all i can say is im so proud that doug has stepped up as a worthy successor. That may be a controversial statement, but he really embodies a true king and i couldnt ask for more than that. Let's just wait and see who becomes the new play by play guy. My vote goes to deuce mason.

Gonna miss you, Jerry. Have a great retirement!

edit: and Jerry was looking pretty fly with those aviators back in the day. Great pics in the OP.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
One night a thousand years ago, I went to watch KHTK's sport talk at the sports bar at Fair Oaks and Sunrise. Jerry was the guest, and that was the reason I went. He was on the first segment, and after he finished, he came over and sat down at one of the tables, which were like big picnic tables at that time. So several of us sat down at the table with him and he entertained us for about two and half hours. He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and he told us stories that he couldn't tell on the air.

He will be greatly missed!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
One night a thousand years ago, I went to watch KHTK's sport talk at the sports bar at Fair Oaks and Sunrise. Jerry was the guest, and that was the reason I went. He was on the first segment, and after he finished, he came over and sat down at one of the tables, which were like big picnic tables at that time. So several of us sat down at the table with him and he entertained us for about two and half hours. He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and he told us stories that he couldn't tell on the air.

He will be greatly missed!
I wish I were a thousand years old so I could have been there. But I'll see you (if not Jerry) at the next Vegas Summer League that actually happens, amigo.