But to answer your question seriously:

no order, here’s 6

1. Jurassic 5 - Power in Numbers
2. Souls of Mischeif - 93 til Infinty
3. Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
4. Pharcyde - Bizzare ride 2 the pharcyde
5. Goodie Mob - Soul Food
6. Black star - Definition

2 Live Crew was on Phil Donahue so I can post links right? That was daytime television in the late 80s.

Anyway, you should listen to that one at least.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if you read my post carefully, I mention that those "albums" I have never heard of. I never mentioned artists, and besides, just because a name is familiar to a lot of people doesn't automatically mean that someone has listened to that material

I'm assuming we're not calling Tribe or the Roots "underground," correct?

1. Jurassic 5 - Quality Control
2. Little Brother - The Listening
3. Deltron 3030 - 3030
4. Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
5. Black Star

LP you can't go wrong with choosing a Little Brother album, although I would put Minstrel Show above anything else they've released
The listening and Minstrel show are close in my mind. I might be more partial to the Listening since it was my first Little Brother album. Same for Jurassic 5 with Quality Control and Power in Numbers. Really a 1A and 1b.

Anyone listening to newer stuff?

My son keeps me somewhat connected. I’m a little old man shakes fist at clouds on the mumble rap stuff. But there are some things I actually really like.

Like this is a banger

Anyone listening to newer stuff?

My son keeps me somewhat connected. I’m a little old man shakes fist at clouds on the mumble rap stuff. But there are some things I actually really like.

Like this is a banger

I listen to some newer stuff, here is some of what comes up on my playlist most often for newer stuff: SOBxRBE (and Yhung TOs solo stuff), Nef the Pharaoh, Lil Pete, Shoreline Mafia, Kodak Black, Tee Grizzley.

I'll just throw in some of the other stuff talked about in this thread here just to make it more concise. A couple favorite 'underground' artists from years past: Extended Famm (tonedeff) and Atmosphere.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I really really enjoy Tribes newer album from 2016. My sister gifted me that vinyl and I spin it quite a bit, lot of good songs in there that are nice to listen to on the porch while drinking some drinks on a nice summer evening.

I listen to some newer stuff, here is some of what comes up on my playlist most often for newer stuff: SOBxRBE (and Yhung TOs solo stuff), Nef the Pharaoh, Lil Pete, Shoreline Mafia, Kodak Black, Tee Grizzley.

I'll just throw in some of the other stuff talked about in this thread here just to make it more concise. A couple favorite 'underground' artists from years past: Extended Famm (tonedeff) and Atmosphere.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I really really enjoy Tribes newer album from 2016. My sister gifted me that vinyl and I spin it quite a bit, lot of good songs in there that are nice to listen to on the porch while drinking some drinks on a nice summer evening.
Ya that Tribe album is great.

RIP Phife Dawg

let's go with top 5 Wu-Tang songs next. I'll start

1. Mystery of Chessboxin'
2. Gravel Pit
3. Protect Ya Neck
4. Can it be so simple
5. 7th chamber
Saw them live in detroit bout 15 years ago .. right after ODB passed away tho.. :(
Meth climbed up a 40 foot speaker and was rapping on it while it swayyed back and forth.. was insane lol.

I'll list my solo favs

Gza- Breaker Breaker
Ghostface- Mighty Healthy
ODB- Brooklyn Zoo
Raekwon- Guillotine (Swordz)
Gza- Liquid Swords

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Saw them live in detroit bout 15 years ago .. right after ODB passed away tho.. :(
Meth climbed up a 40 foot speaker and was rapping on it while it swayyed back and forth.. was insane lol.

I'll list my solo favs

Gza- Breaker Breaker
Ghostface- Mighty Healthy
ODB- Brooklyn Zoo
Raekwon- Guillotine (Swordz)
Gza- Liquid Swords
absolutely love the Liquid Swords album, don't care much for ODB and any of his material but to each their own. How about your top 5 Mobb Deep songs?

absolutely love the Liquid Swords album, don't care much for ODB and any of his material but to each their own. How about your top 5 Mobb Deep songs?
ODB was the heart of Wu bruh lol.. how can you not love him? "GHOST. FACE. KILLAHHHHHHHHHHHHARGHHHHHHHHH AHHHHhhhhhh"

i'll leave out Shook ones & Survival of the fittest

Quiet Storm
Its Mine ft Nas
G.O.D Part 3
Killaz Theme ft Cormega
Street Life

Who's yur top ten fav artists?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
ODB was the heart of Wu bruh lol.. how can you not love him? "GHOST. FACE. KILLAHHHHHHHHHHHHARGHHHHHHHHH AHHHHhhhhhh"

i'll leave out Shook ones & Survival of the fittest

Quiet Storm
Its Mine ft Nas
G.O.D Part 3
Killaz Theme ft Cormega
Street Life

Who's yur top ten fav artists?
how was he the heart of the Wu? Don't quite understand your reasoning there but none the less he was more of their hype man.

I don't have a top ten but I'll list my five.

1. Nas
2. Tupac
3. Lupe Fiasco
4. Lloyd Banks
5. Ludacris

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Shout out to Amin Elhassan, and the Cinephobe podcast, for putting me on to "Super Lyrical," by Big Pun and Black Thought. I can't believe I've been sleep on this song, for so long!