The Great In-N-Out Burger Controversy of 2019

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The best burger I ever had came from Harvey's in Sacramento, across from Lew Williams Chevrolet (about 100 years ago). The second best? Lou's in North Highlands - still an institution for over 50 years.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I get In-n-Out when it's present. I won't go out of my way for it. We have a place that is pretty close, arguably better, in Portland. Though they don't have true milkshakes. Better fries though. I think the bun is the best part and the Portland place has one that is similar or better. They "finally" opened an In-n-Out about 40 miles away. Not worth my time.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I get In-n-Out when it's present. I won't go out of my way for it. We have a place that is pretty close, arguably better, in Portland. Though they don't have true milkshakes. Better fries though. I think the bun is the best part and the Portland place has one that is similar or better. They "finally" opened an In-n-Out about 40 miles away. Not worth my time.
We went to Stoopid Burger the last time we were up there and really enjoyed those burgers!
1577233297383.png

Now THAT is a burger.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Any of you like Squeeze Inn??

BTW, Merry and Happy everything important to you!
I live about a mile from one (Squeeze Burger). I actually like their tacos (also with a cheese skirt) more than their burgers! I think their burger I liked the best so far has been their version of a western burger. The fries are good and the milkshakes delicious. Depending on how hungry I am sometimes I just get 1-2 tacos and a half salad.

I had a darn good (but expensive) burger at Yaks on the 5 a couple years ago - one of the best burgers I've ever had. But it is out in the middle of nowhere unless you are driving up to or back from Oregon.

http://www.yaks.com/