• lakers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to eat some crow on Miami. I couldn't think of a basketball reason for Butler to head to South beach. Their financial spreadsheet didn't look great and they didn't have any true stars yet. Bam has really blossomed and all of their role players have bought in. Now Miami is an even easier sell for the next few years. The beach and weather don't hurt, but Miami has made it even more clear how important having a well run organization is to attracting championship level players.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Let's just say that I believed that the league/refs wanted to rig the playoffs, to make sure that the lakers got to the Finals. I don't believe that, but let's just say... They're there, now. The league has gotten the maximum amount of ratings/TV revenue out of the lakers/LeBron that they're going to get, this season. There's literally no further incentive for them to help the lakers win, at this stage.

But, accusing the league/refs of conspiring to make sure that the lakers win is a handy way to ensure that, no matters in the series, you get to be right. Like I said, a heady play.

Halftime free throw disparity - 10 to 4 Lakers.

What really steams me is that the Lakers don't need the Refs help most nights. But they consistently get it.

I mean....Lakers have 2 of the best players in the league. Definitely the best players in this series. They're big, fast, athletic and physical. That usually leads to fouls.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If you want to believe that those foul calls made the difference, you go right ahead. My point of view on this is, admittedly, pretty binary: if you are subject to some questionable calls, and you lose by two possessions or less, and you want to blame the refs? Sure, I'll hear you out. If you lose by double-digits, you're just whining.