• lakers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The funny thing about your li'l "dunk" post is that the WNBA's ratings are way up, and they're the "wokest" league in the world, which would seem to fly in the face of the "we're not watching because we're tired of politics" argument.
For people who don't want "politics" in sports, they sure seem to keep bringing it back to the forefront when they think it favors their view.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
For people who don't want "politics" in sports, they sure seem to keep bringing it back to the forefront when they think it favors their view.
That's why I asked @dude12 about UFC. Because you don't hear nary a peep about "Stick to sports," or "I'm tired of you shoving your politics down my throat" from fans of that league, and it's super suspect, to me. It's almost as if they only have a problem with politics in sports, when they're the "wrong" kind of politics.

dude12

Hall of Famer
That's why I asked @dude12 about UFC. Because you don't hear nary a peep about "Stick to sports," or "I'm tired of you shoving your politics down my throat" from fans of that league, and it's super suspect, to me. It's almost as if they only have a problem with politics in sports, when they're the "wrong" kind of politics.
I don’t fault people at all who refuse to watch sports because of the politics, it’s their choice. I mentioned I just ignore it because I do want to watch sports. You seem to be searching for a way to say “gotcha”. I watch nba, mlb and nfl. It is entertainment for me. My friends who have said they not watching those sports are fairly hardcore sports fans but right now they are not watching the nfl and the nba. They are watching mlb. None of us watch or follow whatsoever UFC, WNBA, Any type of professional soccer, Hockey, any boxing now or mixed martial arts, etc.....add golf to that for the most part. My friends who have stopped watching some sports are also very into politics where As I am not.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't play "gotcha" games. I just find it funny how some people tend to be selectively apolitical.

My friends who have said they not watching those sports are fairly hardcore sports fans but right now they are not watching the nfl and the nba. They are watching mlb. None of us watch or follow whatsoever UFC, WNBA, Any type of professional soccer, Hockey, any boxing now or mixed martial arts, etc.....add golf to that for the most part.
They're "fairly hardcore" sports fans, but they only care about three sports, and stopped watching two of them? "Hardcore sports fan" must mean something else, in California.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don't play "gotcha" games. I just find it funny how some people tend to be selectively apolitical.

They're "fairly hardcore" sports fans, but they only care about three sports, and stopped watching two of them? "Hardcore sports fan" must mean something else, in California.
If that is the way you want to look at it. You seem to want to belittle other’s opinions or views....but I guess this is a forum for that and other viewpoints. Have a good day.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Everybody has a right to their opinion. That doesn't mean that you have a right to not have your opinion be ridiculed. And ridiculous opinions ought to be ridiculed.

But you have a good day, as well.

You'll have to pardon me if I'm skeptical of people who present anecdotes as if they were data. But, even giving the benefit of the doubt (which I have no particular inclination to do), I feel like it begs some follow-up questions, because I don't take it as a given that those are actually "multiple" reasons: "Some are on to other stuff..." What they moved on to isn't important, but moving on to other stuff is not a reason, it's an outcome. Why now? What's changed between when you were watching and now, that made you decide to move on? "LeBron is a turn-off." So, does that mean that they haven't watched the Finals since 2010? And, if they have watched the Finals in the last decade, what's changed? It's not like LeBron just started being LeBron, this season. What's LeBron doing now, that he wasn't doing, say... five years ago?

But, all that aside, saying that there are "multiple reasons" why people stopped watching is a tautology, and tautologies are only good answers for people who like tautologies: it's making a declarative statement about something, that does not have to be pointed out to reasonable people, because it's self-evident. The only people who need to have it explained to them that there are multiple reasons why people aren't watching are the people who think that there is a singular reason why people aren't watching. Which is, to say, simple-minded people.
Why do you keep fishing for the answers you want?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah, so the politics disguised as "why people aren't watching sports" discussion is clearly politics, so it stops here.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Also, it was nice of DirecTV to wait until the literal second before Finals MVP was about to be announced, before dropping signal on me.

Shout out to the ESPN app.