The Finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is an argument to be made that they were only cheering because the Raptors players were making them.

I never said the entire Toronto fanbase was bad, just a far larger portion than you think.

Plus any fanbase with Drake as its self-appointed "face" can't be all that awesome
Yet you fail to point out far more fans were giving KD a standing O and chanting his name as he walked off the court. Or the fact that Raptor fans started a go fund me page on behalf of KD’s charity. But go ahead push that narrative.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yet you fail to point out far more fans were giving KD a standing O and chanting his name as he walked off the court. Or the fact that Raptor fans started a go fund me page on behalf of KD’s charity. But go ahead push that narrative.
All done in response to the instigating bad behavior. You could argue that both would have occurred even if the Toronto fanbase hadn't responded like a rational fanbase and not a mob at the Roman Coliseum but that's not what happened.

I never said the entire Toronto fanbase was bad, just a far larger portion than you think.
Plus any fanbase with Drake as its self-appointed "face" can't be all that awesome
The fan base is amazing here.
We got Jurassic Parks in most of our cities.
For the Leaf playoff games, thousands of fans show up in -30 degree Ice hailing snowstorms to cheer.
Super dope fans.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
There is an argument to be made that they were only cheering because the Raptors players were making them.

It was clear the initial reaction from the masses in that building was cheering -- until the players became visibly upset and demonstrative about it then they calmed down. IDK how anybody can argue that.

I've stated that the reason why I believe it happened is because of who it happened to. While wrong to cheer any injury, I fully understand that guys like Draymond Green and Kevin Durant have alienated themselves from many fans through their actions and behavior over the years and bring the negative vibes upon themselves.

I also heard today that a media member covering the series said that, during warmups and throughout the game, Durant and the fans on one end of the arena were really going back and forth with the trash talking. He said the injury occurred on that end of the floor so he felt part of the initial reaction stemmed from that. And of course nobody knew the extent of the injury in the moment.

None of the above excuses what they did, but it does add context and reasons why it happened.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Steph hasn't even shot the ball and the Raptors have hit every single shot they've sprayed at the rim and are only up 4. This has been a really weird quarter.

Kerr >>>>> Nurse. Kerr just lulled him into sticking with that 2 PG lineup again. He starts with Cook and Curry then gets it switched back to a 5'10" guy having to guard Klay. Also, the Warriors defense is aided since they rely on packing the paint and closeouts so if you're 5'10" guy is shooting they have someone minimum 6'7" running out on them. It's mind boggling that Nurse isn't seeing this. He unlike he Kings against that same thing does tend to adjust. There is no real advantage in running 2 PG's, there just isn't.

Yep. Green on Steph, Kawhi on Klay. It's not as hard as the Raptors kinda seem to want to make it.
Yeah, at least give it a legit chance. Kings fans know better than anyone else how 2 PG lineups work against the Warriors. Credit where credit is due, the Raptors have more shooting in their midget ball unit but this is a team that hangs it hat on defense. Well, this is a Warriors type of score ATM.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It’s crazy how bad the Warriors are outside of Curry/Klay/Dray and a Broken DeMarcus.

Cook, Livingston, McKinnie are all trash tier.

It’s also crazy that the Raptors had a great first half, and they’re only up 3.

It’s crazy how bad the Warriors are outside of Curry/Klay/Dray and a Broken DeMarcus.

Cook, Livingston, McKinnie are all trash tier.

It’s also crazy that the Raptors had a great first half, and they’re only up 3.
Give credit to Kerr. He's a very smart coach. If you watch the battle of match ups and substitutions he's eating Nick Nurse alive. He'll zig and when Nurse finally tries to pull off a zag, Kerr was ready for it 4 moves ago. He's very clever about it too.