The Finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's interesting it took the Raptors this long to experiment playing small. Leonard is a terrific player but a Kobe, LeBron, Jordan he is not. You couldn't trap those guys on every pick and roll like the Warriors have done to him. Playing small puts him in a much better position to drive and dish.

Kawhi double dribbled, palmed the ball, and travelled all in the same play
Steph Curry got away with several blatant carries tonight. I guess the NBA just doesn’t care how these guys get to their spots anymore — just as long as they score and boost the ratings.

Also, LMAO at the media referring to GSW as ‘undermanned’.

It’s true, they didn’t have 5 All-Stars at their disposal but rather only 3 — along with a former Finals MVP. If only the rest of the NBA were so fortunate to be equally undermanned. SMH.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Steph Curry got away with several blatant carries tonight. I guess the NBA just doesn’t care how these guys get to their spots anymore — just as long as they score and boost the ratings.

Also, LMAO at the media referring to GSW as ‘shorthanded’.

It’s true, they didn’t have 5 All-Stars at their disposal but rather only 3. If only the rest of the NBA were so fortunate to be equally undermanned. SMH.
3 all stars (with one of them being probably closer to 50%) compared to 5 is definitely short handed. I can’t see how that’s even remotely debatable. Lmao

3 all stars (with one of them being probably closer to 50%) compared to 5 is definitely short handed. I can’t see how that’s even remotely debatable. Lmao
You’re missing my point.

Imagine referring to Bill Gates as ‘short handed’ if he somehow lost several Billion.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Especially when one of the all-stars rushed rehab to get back on the court and is essentially playing without jumping and Draymond is a super role-player who is great at generating looks for his star teammates but bad at getting points on his own.

I mean, their rotation in game three was
Steph for the entire game because his backup had to be the starting 2 guard.
Livingston/Cook
Hobbled Iggy/ McKinnie/Jerebko
Dray/Bell (continually abused on defense and unable to generate much on offense)
Boogie (looking like a dude who hasn't played much basketball in two years and clearly on battered legs)/ 400-year old Andrew Bogut (who actually did well in his stints)

The only bench player that the Warriors had suit up who could actually crack the rotation of another NBA team was Cook.

Especially when one of the all-stars rushed rehab to get back on the court and is essentially playing without jumping and Draymond is a super role-player who is great at generating looks for his star teammates but bad at getting points on his own.

Livingston/Cook
Dray/Bell (continually abused on defense and unable to generate much on offense)
Boogie (looking like a dude who hasn't played much basketball in two years and clearly on battered legs)/ 400-year old Andrew Bogut (who actually did well in his stints)

The only bench player that the Warriors had suit up who could actually crack the rotation of another NBA team was Cook.
Oh are we showing sympathy for the Warriors now?

I'm not sure who I want to root for in this series. Initially I went Raptors 100%, but their fans are pretty obnoxious, and I actually do want to witness a 3peat. We're really seeing the legacy of this Warriors team clinging onto this series. If they win, then they're undoubtedly the best team of this time. It's history in the making.

Stephen Curry is such a phenomenal player. I'm not sure we'll ever see another PG as great as he is. Anytime he makes a 2pt shot feels like a win for me because at least he didn't hit a 3pter.. Curry doesn't take the mid-range jump shot anymore, but it feels like he's still automatic anywhere in that range. His floaters are absolutely insane and it's like he can't miss. His shooting ability is uncanny. Curry is the best PG of all time.

Now comes back the dilemma.. Raptors? Or Warriors?

Not sure...

Livingston/Cook

Oh boo freaking who.

They still got Steph, who put up 47/8/7 tonight.
They still got Draymond, who might be the most well-rounded and flexible defender in recent memory.
They still got Iggy, who was Finals MVP just 6 years ago and just hit a game sealing 3 in GM2.
They still have capable role players in Cook. Livingston, Bell and Bogut.

This same roster just won GM2 on the road w/o KD and w/o Klay for the final 8 minutes. That team is more than capable. So people can stop with the injury/depth excuses.

Most teams in history never had 5 All-Stars and 2 MVP's. Losing 2 of the All-Stars and 1 of the MVP's just creates a bit more parity in the series.

No chance anybody should be feeling sorry for GSW let alone making excuses for them. The roster that's played the past 5 quarters could beat 90% of the teams in the NBA most nights. SMH.

Lastly, nobody cared or made near as big deal out of Kawhi's ankle injury a few years back that turned around the SA-GSW series. Injuries happen. The Warriors are far more equipped to deal with them than most.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Oh boo freaking who.

They still got Steph, who put up 47/8/7 tonight.
They still got Draymond, who might be the most well-rounded and flexible defender in recent memory.
They still got Iggy, who was Finals MVP just 6 years ago and just hit a game sealing 3 in GM2.
They still have capable role players in Cook. Livingston, Bell and Bogut.

This same roster just won GM2 on the road w/o KD and w/o Klay for the final 8 minutes. That team is more than capable. So people can stop with the injury/depth excuses.

Most teams in history never had 5 All-Stars and 2 MVP's. Losing 2 of the All-Stars and 1 of the MVP's just creates a bit more parity in the series.

No chance anybody should be feeling sorry for GSW let alone making excuses for them. The roster that's played the past 5 quarters could beat 90% of the teams in the NBA most nights. SMH.

Lastly, nobody cared or made near as big deal out of Kawhi's ankle injury a few years back that turned around the SA-GSW series. Injuries happen. The Warriors are far more equipped to deal with them than most.
I'm sorry but any team that has to play Jonas Jerebko and Alfonzo McKinnie for significant minutes is deserving of my sympathy.