The dream comes to fruition

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
People are complaining about no cup holders and the seats not having enough leg room.
Cupholders are only missing in the upper bowl; I hear they are trying to figure out a solution.

Leg room is what it is. There are design tradeoffs and they translate directly into complaint tradeoffs. People are complaining about not enough leg room, but they are not complaining about the seats having a poor view, nor are they complaining about the win/loss record of the Seattle Supersonics. All things considered, I'll take it.

Hold your own cup but be closer to the action or be further away with a lame cup holder you bang your knees against every 2 minutes.

I guess there's gotta be something to whine about.

I plead guilty to mentioning the leg room but I'm not unhappy with the arena.

I was at the Niners game in club seats and noticed less legroom - and also attributable to seat padding.

If I could make my seat hard plastic I would for the extra inch of room. But I am GOOD with the arena - not whining.

I was at the Niners game in club seats and noticed less legroom - and also attributable to seat padding.

If I could make my seat hard plastic I would for the extra inch of room. But I am GOOD with the arena - not whining.
That's because Jed York is a cheap b*stard

Hold your own cup but be closer to the action or be further away with a lame cup holder you bang your knees against every 2 minutes.

Well I think people were advocating for cup holders on the arm rests. Personally, I don't give a s***, I live in Los Angeles and will barely visit Golden 1. I do plan on going this season, though

I didn't notice a problem. :p

Club seats not cramped in the least. And like i said the regular seats are less cramped than the padded seats in Levi Stadium. Padding comes at a price of legroom.

The club seats in G1C are awesome imo

Wouldnt be 'Murkikan if people didnt complain! You could have the beat product ever, 5 freaking stars, and there would be more negative reviews than positive ones. People just LOVE to complain bout crap.

The big question is: Is the sound 100x better than in acoustical nightmare Sleep Train? I mean, I hope so...
I was only able to view/listen to last night's concert via periscope, so I obviously can't attest -- but I've heard from numerous different people that the sound was phenomenal. Not surprising after reading how it is all set up.

The big question is: Is the sound 100x better than in acoustical nightmare Sleep Train? I mean, I hope so...
Just got home. Section 221 row L. Sound was horrible at the start of the concert. They seemed to make adjustments after about 30 mins and it was better.

And I will never sit in the upper level again!

People are complaining about no cup holders and the seats not having enough leg room.
Literally the greatest arena in the known universe...

This really should be a Gary Larson comic.

I went to the open house. I'm 6,2 with long legs. Leg ROOM IS FINE. You want amazing views in any seat? You want to feel like your RIGHT above the action even in the very upper areas? Deal with a little cozier accomodations.

Every seat in the arena is the same, and very well padded. Who gives a flying flip about cup holders. Probably just to make you drink it faster anyway.

It's not steep enough that you feel like you're going to fall. Only reason you'd fall is if you had a medical problem or were drunk.
Absence of cup holders = drinking faster = more drinks = inebriation = falling over the rail = multiple injuries = lawsuits

Shame they didn't take this formula into account

Absence of cup holders = drinking faster = more drinks = inebriation = falling over the rail = multiple injuries = lawsuits

Shame they didn't take this formula into account
My god you are right. Maybe with data from the cameras tracking player movements/fan injuries they can create an equation that will predict the probability of a facedive over the rail and correlate it against the cupholder issue. Yes. We have a cupholder issue. It's important.

This truly is the fulfillment of a dream. We have an arena so good, that we now have the luxury of having a cupholder issue. Be still my heart.

Last edited:
I've been to many games in the new arena (every home game except Pelicans) in a variety of seats and so far, and it really grows on you. I am going to spend a lot of time there.

1) the cheap seats are just that - they're very high. The steepness is real. I still like it but it took about a quarter to grow on me at the Minnesota game. But for access to such a lovely arena with high tech scoreboard and really terrific concessions im0 - it's a bargain. Plus - here is a little tip... if you buy cheap seats, you can use the in-game upgrade program on the Kings app to move to lower level, even clubs in some cases, for a very reasonable markup. If your game ticket is <60, then the markups to move to prime lower or club seats come out very fair... like another $150-$200 seat to move to very good sideline seats or clubs. upgrade is of course subject to availability I have seen the upgrades sell out for club and prime sideline but they have been available for a while for all the games I've gone to (even Lakers). This probably disappears when the team improves. I could have moved from my nosebleeds to the club at the Minnesota game for $200/seat which I thought was a very fair offer but I wanted to experience the game from my upper level seats.

2) the corners and end zones won't be for me. I want to see the amazing giant scoreboard as part of my experience. The scoreboard is just freaking killer... it shows a full running box score during the games and just lovely high rez for everything else. I find myself watching it for extended periods even when I'm in very good sideline seats. I bought corner seats for one game, but used the upgrade program to move to the sideline - I wasn't crazy about the corner view I felt like everyone else was looking at a prettier picture than me and i wanted IN.

3) the leg room is something you get used to. If I change my posture a little so my butt is really tucked in good, my knees have an inch of room (I'm 6'0"). But if I slouch a little, the knees hit the chair in front of me. The clubs have more leg room and are worth the upcharge for that reason imo. If I could remove my cupholders in 120E I would - in a heartbeat. I tried and my wife made me knock it off (you all can imagine how much I embarrass her lol). They rob me of precious legroom and I've never had a problem putting my drink on the floor.

4) little known fact - there is a row in each club side that has NO CUPHOLDERS lol. I sat in 107-FF and the person in front of me in row EE said "look I have no cupholders.. and so she didn't. I offered to buy her club contract on the spot and she said nah. I heard there as a row like that on the 120 side too. The Club row with no cupholder is my dream spot I hope somebody abandons one and I can grab it.

5) I have cracked the code about the extra legroom in row A. First of all, it is only on the 119-121 side... and the reason is because that entire side is basically promoted by one row compared to the other side due to the benches & press area. the 106-108 side is pushed back by one row. therefore... row A on the 120 side is laying on the same spaced concrete as row GG on the 107 side = club legroom for non-club seat! If I can get in row A on that side of the court I will for sure. I hassle fellow board member Section101 about it monthly.

6) Club ameneties - I love em. The Lexus Club is only for people with courtside seats but food was all top of the line - and short lines to get it at each station. A+++ they give beer and wine too I believe but I don't partake. The other two Clubs are still very nice but markedly inferior food offerings. A long line to get the grilled cheese & ham sandwich, and everything else is pretty much appetizers. Nice snacks don't get me wrong, but not on par with Lexus by a long shot. water and soda only. I'd love to be a a club member but you don't get free hot dogs, polish, hot links, carved ham, collard greens, sushi unless you buy courtside... lifestyles of the rich and famous.

7) My partners and I don't agree about the parking. My partners wants to pass on parking next year but I LOVE the Premium West lot (Macys lot). It is super easy in/out to I-5 which is my path home. EVERY SINGLE GAME I have had this discussion with my wife on the way in and out "I thought it was going to be crowded getting in/out - but look we are on the highway headed home where at Sleep Train we would be snaking through the parking lot still. So I LOVE WEST LOT and think it's worth the $25. My second choice would be the Old Sac lot which has similar 'easy exit' but is not as easy to get in and is a further walk to the arena. My partners want to skip the pre-paid parking and just wing it game-by-game. I am not on board with that...

8) I took Light Rail to one game. A very very cool way to go! I went from the Rancho Cordova station. but you have to walk a bit to get to the return pickup point after the game and I was nervous about that (afraid of getting lost and missing the train). It makes a later night for me compared to parking in West Premium Lot. But I will try it again and see if I get the hang of it. They dump you at 8th and K and it's a very cute short walk from there to the arena - I liked it.

9) The beer drinking crowd has really got it made over in the beer garden area upper deck. that isn't my scene but the people there are having a VERY good time and can see the game really great.

Overall... A++ there is very very little to gripe about! Even for me

2) the corners and end zones won't be for me. I want to see the amazing giant scoreboard as part of my experience. The scoreboard is just freaking killer... it shows a full running box score during the games and just lovely high rez for everything else. I find myself watching it for extended periods even when I'm in very good sideline seats. I bought corner seats for one game, but used the upgrade program to move to the sideline - I wasn't crazy about the corner view I felt like everyone else was looking at a prettier picture than me and i wanted IN.
I just noticed at the last game on the bench side next to the Sierra Nevada there is spot where it does closed captioning of the PA announcer.

4) little known fact - there is a row in each club side that has NO CUPHOLDERS lol. I sat in 107-FF and the person in front of me in row EE said "look I have no cupholders.. and so she didn't. I offered to buy her club contract on the spot and she said nah. I heard there as a row like that on the 120 side too. The Club row with no cupholder is my dream spot I hope somebody abandons one and I can grab it.
EE is the first row on the concrete. The seats in front fold up.The cup holders stick out too far when the seats are folded and a barrier is in place.

6) Club ameneties - I love em. The Lexus Club is only for people with courtside seats but food was all top of the line - and short lines to get it at each station. A+++ they give beer and wine too I believe but I don't partake. The other two Clubs are still very nice but markedly inferior food offerings. A long line to get the grilled cheese & ham sandwich, and everything else is pretty much appetizers. Nice snacks don't get me wrong, but not on par with Lexus by a long shot. water and soda only. I'd love to be a a club member but you don't get free hot dogs, polish, hot links, carved ham, collard greens, sushi unless you buy courtside... lifestyles of the rich and famous.
Glad I didn't get club seats if that's the food. Not worth an extra $30 per seat for grilled cheese. I thought it was supposed to be the local chefs making stuff.

7) My partners and I don't agree about the parking. My partners wants to pass on parking next year but I LOVE the Premium West lot (Macys lot). It is super easy in/out to I-5 which is my path home. EVERY SINGLE GAME I have had this discussion with my wife on the way in and out "I thought it was going to be crowded getting in/out - but look we are on the highway headed home where at Sleep Train we would be snaking through the parking lot still. So I LOVE WEST LOT and think it's worth the $25. My second choice would be the Old Sac lot which has similar 'easy exit' but is not as easy to get in and is a further walk to the arena. My partners want to skip the pre-paid parking and just wing it game-by-game. I am not on board with that...
My parking has been good so far. 7th and J street. Basically just on the other side of the ice rink 1 block away from Stern Street. $10.50 per game! Opening night took 20 mins to get out of the garage the rest have been 5 mins or less. I normally just shoot down J street to midtown, but the Spurs game went back down I street and got on I5 in a few mins.

Parking on the streets has been way easier (and way cheaper) than any of the garages. We were as close as 2 blocks away from the arena and paid $6.25 for 6 hours. Exit was 2 min to I-5. Easy peezy......

I gotta admit, I was very wrong about how bad the traffic would be, both arriving and departing.

I gotta admit, I was very wrong about how bad the traffic would be, both arriving and departing.
Same here. Only issue I had was with a Lyft driver trying to go up K Street to drop us off. Would have been fine, but for a couple cops blocking traffic for no reason. Of course, as soon as we turned, they drove away and the street was open again.

As for the arena, there really isn't a bad seat in the house in my opinion. You can just buy the cheapest ticket and then hang out the Drought House or one of the other many gathering spots. I did feel like the Toronto crowd lacked energy for how close and exciting the game was, and I wonder if part of it was that a lot of people were in the gathering spots rather than in their seats. Or maybe the noise just won't be as good as Arco. Something to look out for. Overall, I'm very happy.