The Brow

Yeh we don’t have a great chance of landing him but we probably have one of the best packages to offer the Pelicans. Can Divac pull off some magic?

Boston can’t make a deal for him until this summer if I read correctly. The Knicks suck. The Lakers are the obvious favorites and Toronto has some pieces.

You gotta give something to get something.

Bagley+Bogie+ 2021 first rounder plus salary filler for The Brow.

A Holiday/Bogie/Mirotic/Bagley core is pretty solid

Swipa
Buddy
X
Wcs
Brow

Last edited:
AD injury history concerns me. If we gut the team to get him, how will we be any different from same situation NO has been in last number of years.

AD injury history concerns me. If we gut the team to get him, how will we be any different from same situation NO has been in last number of years.
In my proposed deal we are giving up a lesser talent (Bagley) and a really good guard for one great player. A brow//Fox/Buddy core is a deep playoff core IMO. We could choose to not sign WCS and pay a Sf the money instead.

All of this hinges on his willingness to sign a long term deal with us.

If you don't have to give up any of the three guards then yes. Bagley + 1st is equal or more than what other offers are out there. You would still have cap room to grab a SF.

The risk is Rich Paul and him commanding AD to bolt at the end of the contract. AD is only 25, so the age fit is not a problem. The injury concern is real, so maintaining your guard trio is important. (AD was pretty healthy last year. I think he enjoyed getting to rest while Boogie ran the team.) If you can keep Giles and he rounds out then you have WCS(or something else in the future) plus Giles to spot AD rest.

So, to me, Rich Paul is the main problem. He could have informed the Pels of this decision without going fully public to the press, but chose not to do that. He would pull the same stuff in Sacramento.

I read on the Athletic that the Celtics can't even trade for him until this summer:

"For as long as Irving and Davis are on their current contracts, Boston cannot have both players on the roster at the same time, thanks to CBA stipulations under the Rose Rule. Essentially, that means the Celtics can’t trade for Davis until this summer...."

If I'm Vlade I grab the phone immediately.

Tell NO, hey, let us help you. We've got plenty of cap and expirings, second rounders.

We'll help make sure you can maximize return while also taking a piece or two from whoever wants him the most.

I read on the Athletic that the Celtics can't even trade for him until this summer:

"For as long as Irving and Davis are on their current contracts, Boston cannot have both players on the roster at the same time, thanks to CBA stipulations under the Rose Rule. Essentially, that means the Celtics can’t trade for Davis until this summer...."
This is why there will be a race to get Davis now before Boston can make their offer. It is also why NO may just wait for Boston until the Summer. Who knows. Keeping Davis around hurts NO draft choice, but they'd have to full rebuild to tank for the top of the draft.

Once summer hits, everyone is competing against each other for Davis.

This is why there will be a race to get Davis now before Boston can make their offer. It is also why NO may just wait for Boston until the Summer. Who knows. Keeping Davis around hurts NO draft choice, but they'd have to full rebuild to tank for the top of the draft.

Once summer hits, everyone is competing against each other for Davis.
The 76ers should absolutely offer up Ben Simmons for Anthony Davis. I feel like they have to do it to keep him away from the Celtics but I bet that Elton Brand doesn't have the guts to admit his previous blockbuster trade is not quite working out. The trio of Butler Embiid and Simmons does not mesh. Butler is already griping probably on his way out the door this summer!

Correcting his mistake would simultaneously create room for Fultz to come back from his "mystery injury". Once Simmons is gone, it will be a "miracle", he's cured, he's cured! What Davis wants is championships and to play for a passionate fanbase. The Pelicans fans are apathetic and horrible. The 76ers fans are passionate and loud. That place would be electric with Embiid, Butler Davis and Fultz!

I feel we should get into the sweepstakes too, Bagley and a protected pick take it or leave it :p

We all know what the intended landing spot for him is if he's traded prior to the deadline. Next!
You may be right but other stars do not want to play with LeBron as badly as you may think. When his team plays well, LeBron gets the credit. When his teams play poorly, his teammates get the blame. That's why Kyrie asked to be traded and George didn't even give the Lakers a meeting. I think there is animosity in general to LeBron and his agent trying to orchestrate from the shadows. The Spurs were not trading Kawhi to the Lakers for anything! I do not think the Pelicans will trade Davis to the Lakers on (1) principle alone and (2) no one wants a poo poo platter of Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. Those players have all taken a step back.

You may be right but other stars do not want to play with LeBron as badly as you may think. When his team plays well, LeBron gets the credit. When his teams play poorly, his teammates get the blame. That's why Kyrie asked to be traded and George didn't even give the Lakers a meeting. I think there is animosity in general to LeBron and his agent trying to orchestrate from the shadows. The Spurs were not trading Kawhi to the Lakers for anything! I do not think the Pelicans will trade Davis to the Lakers on (1) principle alone and (2) no one wants a poo poo platter of Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. Those players have all taken a step back.
I know another young cat who gets the same media treatment already. Anyway, I would love to facilitate the Davis trade, but not land Davis himself. The Pels have a good roster—if Davis were the player he’s touted to be they wouldn’t be playing so poorly. He’s been an empty stats guy all season, which is a big red flag. I don’t like “superstars” that quit on their team.

It's still a better package than any probable winning team can put together without giving up their most important piece in the process. I guess if the Sixers feel like moving Simmons it's possible, but I doubt they do that. I really hope the Raps put something together. Like any Kings fan I would freaking HATE to see the Lakers get everything they've wanted and more. C'mon Raps, Siakam, OG, Jonas, whatever, do it!

No one in their right mind would say no to AD provided he would stay. I highly doubt he would want to stay in Sacramento.

Having said that, I would absolutely LOVE to see NO trade him to a team other than the Lakers where he obviously want to go, only for him to re-sign with that team once his contract is gone up. I am sick and tired of Lakers bullying their way to contention because they are the LA Lakers.

Probably just offer them back Buddy Hield and filler and see what they say. :p

On the real though, If he agreed to sign long term I would trade Bagley in a nanosecond.
Lol, they should be thrilled getting him back after all the polishing and smoothing off his rough edges for them.

Anyhow, he's injury prone and we have no one except Fox most likely to get their attention, so NO for me.

I am putting this in the Brow thread, since it's a AD trade rumor.

The Bucks are rumored to offer anything other than Giannis for Davis. Out of all the non-Kings trades, this move might benefit the Kings the most. The main reason being that Middleton might be moved and become too expensive to retain. It would suddenly make Middleton a viable FA target for the Kings.

I'd just like to say "F" Davis as he is now joining Durant on the "*itch* list of "superstar" players that want the easy route.

Makes me miss the golden days when players wanted to be the leader to win something or rather not win if they cant do it.

Sorry, I cant use the reply option on this iPad, but as much as I too dislike stars joining superteams its my understanding that the NO arena is dead. That must be difficult for a competetor, we are lucky to have such a die hard crowd.
I know the league helped NO out several years back, but if poor attendance is an issue then I hope Seattle gets a team back.

Sorry, I cant use the reply option on this iPad, but as much as I too dislike stars joining superteams its my understanding that the NO arena is dead. That must be difficult for a competetor, we are lucky to have such a die hard crowd.
I know the league helped NO out several years back, but if poor attendance is an issue then I hope Seattle gets a team back.

Kings actually rank 21st in Attendance.