Thank you, Vinny Del Negro

Listening to the Suns' radio broadcast, Vinny just pointed out that each and every time Kobe takes the ball to the basket, he yells out as if he's being fouled, even when he isn't being touched, and that the officials often fall for it.

Vinny pointed out that many veteran players use this tactic, but he's noticed that Kobe uses it as often as any other player, if not more often. Yes, it's an obvious comment, but it's the first time I've heard someone actually say something about it on air.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hmmmm. Interesting...

I hadn't noticed that but you can bet I'll be watching for it from this point on. And I'll bet the opposing coaches do, too.

;)

T

thesanityannex

vf21-
with all your love for the lakers, you never noticed kobe's "aaaahhhh" everytime he goes to the hoop?

shame shame

4cwebb said:
Listening to the Suns' radio broadcast, Vinny just pointed out that each and every time Kobe takes the ball to the basket, he yells out as if he's being fouled, even when he isn't being touched, and that the officials often fall for it.

Vinny pointed out that many veteran players use this tactic, but he's noticed that Kobe uses it as often as any other player, if not more often. Yes, it's an obvious comment, but it's the first time I've heard someone actually say something about it on air.
Have you ever heard Peja??? He does the same thing but unfortunately he will miss his layup and then stare at the ref while his defender is dashing down the court for a fast break dunk...