Team captain

Peja is not a leader in any way imaginable...never was. Leader of the Serbian NT ? When ? Do you know who Dejan Bodiroga is ? Peja never led the Serbian National Team, nor was he ever captain of it.

He just is NOT suited for that role. He is not the type of player who will yell at others to get back on defence, not the type of player who'll scrap for every lost ball, etc. In other words, he does not do the things real leaders do. However, while leaders fire on their teammates, etc. Peja is often the main catalyst behind a team's offensive production throughout the game. That's what makes him valuable, not his leadership skills.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sasha -

This isn't about Webber.

You are way off in your assumption of how we here feel about Pedja. we're being cruel and yet, in the same paragraph you find a way to trash Chris Webber?

Of course, Peja can play basketball. The only problem is that he ISN'T playing basketball. He's sitting on the bench. We want him back. Why wouldn't we? He's an integral part of our team. And there's the key. He's part of the TEAM. He needs to contribute to the TEAM.

Remember, it was your favorite player who demanded a trade and said he didn't even want to be here any longer. Forgive me if I'm not quite over that yet. I have been a fan of this team since 1985 and I prefer to root for the guys who actually want to be on the team. Maybe I'm just silly that way.

I like Peja and I want him to perform well because I want my team to do well. It doesn't have anything to do with Webber any longer. Chris Webber is a 76er. Now is the time for Peja to step up and prove himself. Right or wrong, he AND his fans don't have Webber to blame any longer. Peja has to prove he can get his form back and be the All-Star shooting sensation we desperately need him to be.

S

sashaXJR

Stojakovic said:
Peja is not a leader in any way imaginable...never was. Leader of the Serbian NT ? When ? Do you know who Dejan Bodiroga is ? Peja never led the Serbian National Team, nor was he ever captain of it.

He just is NOT suited for that role. He is not the type of player who will yell at others to get back on defence, not the type of player who'll scrap for every lost ball, etc. In other words, he does not do the things real leaders do. However, while leaders fire on their teammates, etc. Peja is often the main catalyst behind a team's offensive production throughout the game. That's what makes him valuable, not his leadership skills.
I never said that he was a leader of the national team.... he achieved something, he won, my point..25 points per game in Indianapolis, world championships....See many players love to play in the NBA, while playing for the national team and win, means much more to them than NBA championship......I have watched Bodiroga play while he was a junior, very familiar with the name...Something tells me that you are a bit younger, and have seen Dejan play a few games....Both of them are good, Bodiroga maybe even great.....I am just sorry that the Kings used the draft pic on him, and he said before that he's not interested in playing in the NBA.....

PixelPusher said:
Yeah, and they always bring up the Patriots as the ultimate example of a team without stars, except they have one of the brightest stars in the NFL in Tom Brady. Once Brady starts looking for the superstar money he's worth, their little "no-star team" formula goes in the toilet.
How did my other set of boys get thrown into this conversation?

and id have to agree with bozzwell...bad example PixelP

S

sashaXJR

VF21 said:
sasha -

This isn't about Webber.

You are way off in your assumption of how we here feel about Pedja. we're being cruel and yet, in the same paragraph you find a way to trash Chris Webber?

Of course, Peja can play basketball. The only problem is that he ISN'T playing basketball. He's sitting on the bench. We want him back. Why wouldn't we? He's an integral part of our team. And there's the key. He's part of the TEAM. He needs to contribute to the TEAM.

Remember, it was your favorite player who demanded a trade and said he didn't even want to be here any longer. Forgive me if I'm not quite over that yet. I have been a fan of this team since 1985 and I prefer to root for the guys who actually want to be on the team. Maybe I'm just silly that way.

I like Peja and I want him to perform well because I want my team to do well. It doesn't have anything to do with Webber any longer. Chris Webber is a 76er. Now is the time for Peja to step up and prove himself. Right or wrong, he AND his fans don't have Webber to blame any longer. Peja has to prove he can get his form back and be the All-Star shooting sensation we desperately need him to be.
you got me wrong once again....I am not trashing Webber here...I said that the so called "kings fans" trashed Webber, and now they're crying....My opinion of Webber is that he wants to much, and some people interpret that as a leader...remember Michigan, what he did...time out....Webber was a great player, he still is a decent player, but I think it is better for the Kings that Petrie decided to let him go......I don't think that Stojakovic can do much w/o Vlade, Doug and some others....Bibby is not a passer, he is a shooter....They just knew how to get him the ball.....I don't think that Webber is the reason, Stojakovic is not doing great, but them two don't fit...they needed a divorce.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sashaXJR said:
you got me wrong once again....I am not trashing Webber here...I said that the so called "kings fans" trashed Webber, and now they're crying....My opinion of Webber is that he wants to much, and some people interpret that as a leader...remember Michigan, what he did...time out....Webber was a great player, he still is a decent player, but I think it is better for the Kings that Petrie decided to let him go......I don't think that Stojakovic can do much w/o Vlade, Doug and some others....Bibby is not a passer, he is a shooter....They just knew how to get him the ball.....I don't think that Webber is the reason, Stojakovic is not doing great, but them two don't fit...they needed a divorce.....
I had a bet with myself to see if you would bring up what happened at Michigan ELEVEN YEARS AGO.

I don't have you wrong at all. You ARE trashing Webber despite your protestations to the contrary. And it stops now.

I don't care what you say about Peja. As a matter of fact, I don't care what anyone says about Peja - as long as they keep it civil and follow the rules of this board. ALL I care about is that he PERFORM. And, for whatever reason, he hasn't so far. He owes it to the team, to the franchise and to the fans of the SACRAMENTO KINGS to step up and do what so many of you are convinced he couldn't do with Webber here. Webber is gone; Peja isn't. It's not about Bibby, or anyone else on the team. Peja can accept responsbility for his own strengths and failings or not. I don't care. I want results and I think he owes it to everyone.

And BTW? You do remember that Peja and Chris had played together since 1999? Right?

:rolleyes:

I had a bet with myself to see if you would bring up what happened at Michigan ELEVEN YEARS AGO.
sad isn't it?

the fact that the Michigan timeout situation was even brought up is just ridiculous...it was just unnesscary...just something to throw out there about Chris...

::sigh:: im just so tired of the fight...

iheartBrad said:
sad isn't it?

the fact that the Michigan timeout situation was even brought up is just ridiculous...it was just unnesscary...just something to throw out there about Chris...

::sigh:: im just so tired of the fight...
I think its sad people still bring that up when it happened like eleven years ago, and in no way reflects how Webber is now..hasnt he hit like at least 3 game winners for us this year?

and people say hes not clutch...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Me, too, my dear iheartBrad. Me, too...

I have loved this team for sooooooo long. I just want this all to go away so we can go back to being the best fans in the world. I just don't know if it's possible any more and it's breaking my heart.

VF21 and Brick,

I implore you to introduce a modified Goodwin's Law of Usenet to this Forum. Just to remind you of the actual law in question:

Goodwin's Law of Usenet
Professor Goodwin, U of I, in 1981 made the observation that Usenet discussions gravitate downhill.

He postulated that as the length of a discussion thread grows, the probability approaches one (1) that one participant will introduce the terms "Hitler" or "Nazi".

The custom has evolved that the first party to utter "Hitler" or "Nazi" has lost the discussion, and the thread terminates.

For our little forum, we would need something like this:

As the length of a discussion thread grows, the probability approaches one (1) that one participant will start bashing Chris Webber to boost Pedja Stojakovic or vice versa.

The rule is that the first party to utter "Pedja" in Webber thread or "Webber" in Pedja thread has lost the discussion, and the thread terminates.

We could even have a special amendment for uttering "Time out and Michigan".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sashaXJR said:
it is better for the Kings, not Peja, that Webber is gone......never mind...i'm out
Is it better for the Kings? Perhaps. Is it better for Peja? Well, hmmmmmmm. Who went to the press and demanded a trade? Who pretty much pointed the finger at Webber in B92 interviews?

Whatever.

I have too much respect for the vast majority of Serbian members of this board and for #16 of the Sacramento Kings to continue this lunacy...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
VF21 and Brick,

I implore you to introduce a modified Goodwin's Law of Usenet to this Forum. Just to remind you of the actual law in question:

Goodwin's Law of Usenet
Professor Goodwin, U of I, in 1981 made the observation that Usenet discussions gravitate downhill.

He postulated that as the length of a discussion thread grows, the probability approaches one (1) that one participant will introduce the terms "Hitler" or "Nazi".

The custom has evolved that the first party to utter "Hitler" or "Nazi" has lost the discussion, and the thread terminates.

For our little forum, we would need something like this:

As the length of a discussion thread grows, the probability approaches one (1) that one participant will start bashing Chris Webber to boost Pedja Stojakovic or vice versa.

The rule is that the first party to utter "Pedja" in Webber thread or "Webber" in Pedja thread has lost the discussion, and the thread terminates.

We could even have a special amendment for uttering "Time out and Michigan".
I am just sick in my heart about some of this vitriol and hatred. I am a Kings fan. I love this team. I have cheered loudly for Webber AND for Peja since 1999. I cannot understand why it has to get down to one or the other. I just wish we could all be Kings fans again.

And I also wish Peja hadn't gone to the media and made his trade demands public. That hurt so deeply and, try as I have, I haven't completely gotten over it.

Want to know the cure? I need to see Peja back in uniform, making those sweet threes and being part of the team not part of the audience.

I'm sorry, Bozzwell, to you and any of the other Peja fans I may have inadvertantly insulted, etc.

I just want MY TEAM back!!!

GO KINGS!!!!!

sashaXJR said:
.....sigh.... I guess you've never made a mistake you regret? I am so tired of hearing about the timeout Webb called in college.

Well, for better or worse, the "divorce" has been granted, so now it's time to see if the "marriage" was really what was holding Peja back all this time. There aren't any more excuses, it's time to stand up and play, but it's hard to do that from the bench. I want Peja to do well, and we NEED Peja to do well. I am ready to see him show up and prove that he can deliver.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
love_them_kings said:
Well, for better or worse, the "divorce" has been granted, so now it's time to see if the "marriage" was really what was holding Peja back all this time. There aren't any more excuses, it's time to stand up and play, but it's hard to do that from the bench. I want Peja to do well, and we NEED Peja to do well. I am ready to see him show up and prove that he can deliver.
Thank you. You said very succintly what I've been blathering about.

;)

VF21 said:
I am just sick in my heart about some of this vitriol and hatred. I am a Kings fan. I love this team. I have cheered loudly for Webber AND for Peja since 1999. I cannot understand why it has to get down to one or the other. I just wish we could all be Kings fans again.

And I also wish Peja hadn't gone to the media and made his trade demands public. That hurt so deeply and, try as I have, I haven't completely gotten over it.

Want to know the cure? I need to see Peja back in uniform, making those sweet threes and being part of the team not part of the audience.

I'm sorry, Bozzwell, to you and any of the other Peja fans I may have inadvertantly insulted, etc.

I just want MY TEAM back!!!

GO KINGS!!!!!
Please, don't appologize! No, no, no - on the contrary. I was making suggestion out of concern that you and many other fans here are spending lots of energy trying to stave off unfair criticism (bashing) of Chris or Pedja.

Goodwin's law came about because in heated Usenet discussions when one side would run out of arguments in the debate they would simply compare their opponents to Hitler or the Nazi's. We have nothing so severe on this Forum, but it is pretty obvious that there is similarity: When Pedja booster's case is falling appart they dump on Webber and vice versa. I suggest in those situations we simply invoke "Modified Goodwin's Law" to register our objection to such a debating style, and we can all get on with being just Kings' fans.

You know what we need on this team everyone at 100% giving 110% that is the only way I see us winning the championship. We need Pedja 100% giving 110% period if he or anyone else on this not doing that then they should be removed from the team completely. It is time for everyone to setup and cover the viod left from the departure of Webber. Ok so lets say it all together:

LETS GO KINGS!!!!!

Last edited:
I really wonder why Peja did decide to make his wishes so obvious to everyone by going to the media with it? Did he not realize what repercussions it would have as far as the Kings fans? I wish we could get inside his head and figure out what it is he TRULY wants and what the real reason for him wanting to be traded so badly was.

EmKingsFan4 said:
I really wonder why Peja did decide to make his wishes so obvious to everyone by going to the media with it? Did he not realize what repercussions it would have as far as the Kings fans? I wish we could get inside his head and figure out what it is he TRULY wants and what the real reason for him wanting to be traded so badly was.

I think he was trying to put pressure on the team to move him. He may or may not have mentioned it to management before going public (I suspect he had) but I think he felt like if he took it public they would HAVE to trade him.