talk 650 & tomorrow's Sac Bee

Just a heads up -- Kozimar said that Chris Webber has taken out a full page ad in tomorrow's Sacramento Bee thanking all the Sacramento fans for the best 6 1/2 years in his professional life. Those of us in the area might want to pick it up.

The guy has class, you have to give him that.

Also, close to 9:00, talk 1140 is doing an audio segment of Webb memories. The footage will be shown at half time of tomorrow's game.

7 years he has treated us well, 7 years we have treated him well. Now we find ourselves on the otherside of the court. Its gonna be a sad day tommorow. Can someone please scan it tomorrow and put it on the web for all us "international-fans"?

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
7 years he has treated us well, 7 years we have treated him well. Now we find ourselves on the otherside of the court. Its gonna be a sad day tommorow. Can someone please scan it tomorrow and put it on the web for all us "international-fans"?
I find your "nick" and "avatar" very offending.

Does anyone know what was the cover story of Sacbee yesterday? I wanted to pick it up but I forgot. Was it the Webber trade?

aww comon guys show some love, haha, we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the Lakers. (their gettin whooped in the first quarter by the pistons..AGAIN) haha. After all they are barely a playoff team, unlike our guys who i think will now do a playoff push with the new guys to be 3rd or 2nd seed...and i ain't an optemistic person ;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
iheartBrad said:
i could WAIT for you to see it piksi...lol
some things might look original but are not funny. He/she is lucky that I have no saying on this board. Way I see it - you are either (hopefully) Kings fan or (feel pitty for you) a Lakers fan. Not both at the same time. I find it very insulting on a deep level that Kings logo was united with Lakers logo on his avatar. Some things do not mix

Packt said:
Thanks. Ahh.. too bad... I wanted to pick-it up and stash it away.
Yeah, my parents subscribe so I get it everyday.

This one's definately getting stashed away. I have probably about a dozen left now from various events in the past few years: feature player interviews, key injuries, comebacks, etc. :)

piksi said:
some things might look original but are not funny. He/she is lucky that I have no saying on this board. Way I see it - you are either (hopefully) Kings fan or (feel pitty for you) a Lakers fan. Not both at the same time. I find it very insulting on a deep level that Kings logo was united with Lakers logo on his avatar. Some things do not mix
Although I find this fun on my part. I realize that some of you may be offended. So I'll explain my stance. I am a true Kings Fan. However, I am also a lifelong Divac fan. When he left, i started supporting the Lakers, and now sorta don't mind them since they are a very diffrent team since..you know what..but rest assured Kings still are my favourite team and always cheer for them), but what harm cheering for another night when the kings arne't playing? :) ;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
Although I find this fun on my part. I realize that some of you may be offended. So I'll explain my stance. I am a true Kings Fan. However, I am also a lifelong Divac fan. When he left, i started supporting the Lakers, and now sorta don't mind them since they are a very diffrent team since..you know what..but rest assured Kings still are my favourite team and always cheer for them), but what harm cheering for another night when the kings arne't playing? :) ;)
I watched Vlade play when he was 18 at the beginning of his career. I started following Kings because of Vlade (not Pedja). Vlade left to join Lakers. I like Vlade a lot and have a lot of respect. When he is in that ugly uniform - he is the enemy and I want him to lose. I wish him well but I also wish his team to lose every game they ever play. It is like Zvezda vs Partizan. You just can not be both

piksi said:
I watched Vlade play when he was 18 at the beginning of his career. I started following Kings because of Vlade (not Pedja). Vlade left to join Lakers. I like Vlade a lot and have a lot of respect. When he is in that ugly uniform - he is the enemy and I want him to lose. I wish him well but I also wish his team to lose every game they ever play. It is like Zvezda vs Partizan. You just can not be both
Now, if i put the Partizan and Zvezda logo, side by side, together. Then that would truely be a crime. And if you can somehow think that LA-SAC is the same as the Belgrade rivals, then you can argue a good point. (but i still think that Zvezda/Partizan Vs. Hajduk was a greater rivalry, well back then at least)

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
Now, if i put the Partizan and Zvezda logo, side by side, together. Then that would truely be a crime. And if you can somehow think that LA-SAC is the same as the Belgrade rivals, then you can argue a good point. (but i still think that Zvezda/Partizan Vs. Hajduk was a greater rivalry, well back then at least)

I do not think so - I know so. (ask R. Fox :D )

You are very wrong at the last part. There is no greater rivalry.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
Oh, knock it off.

He's respectful, he's not here to spout trollisms, etc.

In case you've forgotten, we welcome fans of all teams as long as they're here to talk hoops and discuss the game we all love so much.

love_them_kings said:
Just a heads up -- Kozimar said that Chris Webber has taken out a full page ad in tomorrow's Sacramento Bee thanking all the Sacramento fans for the best 6 1/2 years in his professional life. Those of us in the area might want to pick it up.

The guy has class, you have to give him that.

Also, close to 9:00, talk 1140 is doing an audio segment of Webb memories. The footage will be shown at half time of tomorrow's game.
Back to this

This is about the classiest thing he could have done. He could have been bitter or indifferent...instead he chose to thank the fans. He earned alot of points in my book with this gesture.

Heuge said:
Back to this

This is about the classiest thing he could have done. He could have been bitter or indifferent...instead he chose to thank the fans. He earned alot of points in my book with this gesture.
from not invoking the trade kicker in his contract to the things he's said to the media in the last 48 hrs and down to the ad, I think everything Webb has done regarding this trade has shown absolute class. Boy, he's come a long way from the punk who didn't show up to the first day of training camp, hasn't he?:) I have enjoyed watching Webb grow up here & I am so grateful for all of the memories.

I know that Webber is doing this because he is a class act, but it is not really uncommon. Sammy Sosa did the same thing when he was traded by the Cubs ;)

vj9999 said:
I know that Webber is doing this because he is a class act, but it is not really uncommon. Sammy Sosa did the same thing when he was traded by the Cubs ;)
Actually Jim Kozimar was saying that it's uncommon. It's not the first time it's happened, but it isn't standard practice either. I think the way he's handled this whole situation has been pretty incredible.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think the fact someone else has done it diminishes it in any way. Considering how Webber has been treated by a number of fans, certain members of the media, etc. I think he had every reason just to keep quiet and not say a thing.

I saw a clip on the news tonight. He said he still loves Sacramento and, just like Kevin Johnson and some others, fully intends to stay involved in some of the community projects he's developed over the years.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
vj9999 said:
It's official Webber can't even leave with out being criticized for how he does it... sad.

VF21 I didn't mean that it diminishes Webbers act. I can see where Sosa did it to boost his ego. I do truely believe that Webber is doing it because he respects the community and wants to thank them for all the support.

HndsmCelt said:
It's official Webber can't even leave with out being criticized for how he does it... sad.
I realise that I probably should have said anything. That is way I prefixed my post by saying that Webber is a class act (where as I don't think Sammy is).

I didn't mean any criticism by it. It was a wrong comment to make. Sorry.

love_them_kings said:
Actually Jim Kozimar was saying that it's uncommon. It's not the first time it's happened, but it isn't standard practice either. I think the way he's handled this whole situation has been pretty incredible.
I guess I thought it was common becaus Sammy just recently did it around here. I shouldn't be allowed to make any posts after 2am my local time :) VF21, is there any way that you can administratively set that up ;)