Taking stock after the first 3 games

Nah. Kevin is like Peja. A terrible first option for a crap team, or a good 2nd option to a dominant post player on a great team. Kevin reminds me of Peja all the time.
He reminds me of Peja, too. Peja was a prettier shooter, but far worse at creating scoring opportunities. But they're both good at scoring from all ranges, weak on defense, with no rebounding and few assists. With the exception of Kevin's relentless treks to the charity stripe, their numbers are really quite close.

This is disingenuous at best.

We aren't 0-3 in wins/losses. We are 0-3 in competitiveness. At no point have we belonged on the floor with any of these teams. We literally look like we're from some other, lesser league, and only teams using the opportuntity to get minutes for their scrubs has kept this from being three 20+ point losses. There are Euroleague teams who could have put up more of a fight. We have been down 25+ in each of the games. We have had one total lead so far this season, and that is when we accidentally went up 2-0 in the opener vs. the Hornets. People aren't worried about the LOSING, its the utter humiliation that is the issue. We simply are not competitive at this point.
Competitive on what level?? The competitiveness of a team that won 30 something games last year who is now playing with virtually the same roster minus their 2 best players???

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Competitive on what level?? The competitiveness of a team that won 30 something games last year who is now playing with virtually the same roster minus their 2 best players???

You now appear to be making my point for me.

In your initial post you chide people for being upset at 0-3 and tell everyone let's wait before we do anything hasty. Very Geoffish of you. And yet right above you clearly understand that there is nothing to wait FOR. What, so in a few months we can have the same team that won 30-some games last year, only spotted an awful start? To say that is pointless would be a slight understatement.

We are not competitive with this crew at all. You add in the missing pieces, we are clearly still bad. So the throwing people under busses is long past due. Ironically as always the people most upset about things are the ones who had been forcing the hope before the season began. For those like myself - we are not comeptivie. We suck. But its not a shock. Now its time to do what needs to be done, and has needed to be done for some time. There is no hope in continuing on the way we have been. Get that bus warmed up. Since the busses aren;t being warmend up for Kevin, probably not for Cisco, and Hawes has not even had a chance to play yet, I;m more than a little curiosu who it is that you are so interested in preserving/protecting.

I remember when Kenny Thomas came here he had a reliable jumper from the free-throw range, grabbed near ten rebounds a night and was generally an acceptable, albeit not anything special, form of an NBA power forward.

Being such a headcase, wouldn't surprise me if signing SAR to be the starter some years back just put him in an "If they don't trust me, I quit" form af attitude. Hence the downward spiral from what he used to offer.

:(

This team just makes me sad. We suck.

From the elbow, I remember that... WTF happened?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He reminds me of Peja, too. Peja was a prettier shooter, but far worse at creating scoring opportunities. But they're both good at scoring from all ranges, weak on defense, with no rebounding and few assists. With the exception of Kevin's relentless treks to the charity stripe, their numbers are really quite close.
He doesn't remind me of Peja at all. He can get his own shot whenever he wants. Peja lived off of Weber and Vlade. Martin has nobody out there to play with and yet he can get 28 points. Heaven forbid when he actually plays with a big man who draws double teams. Then it's going to be more like Peja CUBED.

He doesn't remind me of Peja at all.
I said "their numbers are really quite close."

Third-year stats compared
A: 47.3% FG, 38.1% threes, 84.4% FT, 4.3 reb, 2.2 asst, 1.2 stl, 0.1 blk, 1.7 TO, 20.2 pts, 35 min
B: 47.0% FG, 40.0% threes, 85.6% FT, 5.8 reb, 2.2 asst, 1.2 stl, 0.2 blk, 1.9 TO, 20.4 pts, 38 min

If you can't tell which is which, Peja is the better rebounder and blocker ("B"). On paper, he looks an awful lot like KMart's slightly taller twin brother. The only difference on paper is that Kevin goes to the FT line 80% more often, because, like I said, Peja was "far worse at creating scoring opportunities."

I don't think we're really disagreeing, maybe I should have been clearer about referring to their stat lines as opposed to their styles.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
From the elbow, I remember that... WTF happened?
As I happen to be a person who doesn't believe that pro athletes deliberately try to make fools of themselves, I wonder if he has knee or foot problems. I don't believe I have seen him elevate this year and at one time he could at least dunk. His productive playing days seem over unless there are some floating nasties in his knee joint.

As I happen to be a person who doesn't believe that pro athletes deliberately try to make fools of themselves, I wonder if he has knee or foot problems. I don't believe I have seen him elevate this year and at one time he could at least dunk. His productive playing days seem over unless there are some floating nasties in his knee joint.
I thought he (the unidentified one) was moving pretty well in the pre-season, so if he has a problem like that, it must be recent. However, I think his real problem is being a head-case. His me-against-the-world attitude, combined with his lost confidence, has got him into a deep hole.