Super Bowl LII

Who will win the Super Bowl? Pick winner and other bets (POST SCORE PREDICTIONS in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those of you playing the pick'em game, please post your final score predictions in the thread.

I'm adding a bunch of bonus points and extra bets just for fun. Here is the breakdown:

Correctly pick the winner: 8pts
Correctly pick the margin (winner must be correct): 4pts
Correctly pick the Patriots' score: 3pts
Correctly pick the Eagles' score: 3pts
Off of Patriots' score by 1: 2pts
Off of Eagles' score by 1: 2pts
Off of Patriots' score by 2: 1pt
Off of Eagles' score by 2: 1pt
Each correctly guessed bet in the poll: 1pt

Tiebreakers are:
1. Most pick 'em game points scored this week. (I.e. If one team comes from behind with a better prediction this week to tie another team, they would win.)
2. Closest combined score to actual combined score of the two teams in the game.
3. That's it... If there's still a tie then we have a tie.

Current scores (last week in parentheses):
16(4) - VF21
14(4) - Capt. Factorial
14(8) - uolj
17(8) - pdxKingsFan
11(8) - kingsboi
9(4) - LoungeLizard
6(0) - eMBarkat10n
2 - Russell Pimphustler

This year it's pretty close so it could come down to the prop bets or tiebreakers...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For those of you playing the pick'em game, please post your final score predictions in the thread.

I'm adding a bunch of bonus points and extra bets just for fun. Here is the breakdown:

Correctly pick the winner: 8pts
Correctly pick the margin (winner must be correct): 4pts
Correctly pick the Patriots' score: 3pts
Correctly pick the Eagles' score: 3pts
Off of Patriots' score by 1: 2pts
Off of Eagles' score by 1: 2pts
Off of Patriots' score by 2: 1pt
Off of Eagles' score by 2: 1pt
Each correctly guessed bet in the poll: 1pt

Tiebreakers are:
1. Most pick 'em game points scored this week. (I.e. If one team comes from behind with a better prediction this week to tie another team, they would win.)
2. Closest combined score to actual combined score of the two teams in the game.
3. That's it... If there's still a tie then we have a tie.

Current scores (last week in parentheses):
16(4) - VF21
14(4) - Capt. Factorial
14(8) - uolj
17(8) - pdxKingsFan
11(8) - kingsboi
9(4) - LoungeLizard
6(0) - eMBarkat10n
2 - Russell Pimphustler

This year it's pretty close so it could come down to the prop bets or tiebreakers...
Boo! I call shenanigans. I feel like I'm being penalized for being the #1 seed.

To be fair I copied and pasted directly from the last time I did this, except for changing Seahawks to Eagles everywhere. If I'm penalizing the #1 seed at least I'm consistent about it. ;)

To be fair I copied and pasted directly from the last time I did this, except for changing Seahawks to Eagles everywhere. If I'm penalizing the #1 seed at least I'm consistent about it. ;)
Actually, you're secretly being penalized for already weaseling your way to a win in the College Bowl Games Pick 'Em. We just can't let it happen again ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just a couple of hours until kickoff. I've seen previews of some of the commercials and I have to admit I'm looking forward to them.

Just a couple of hours until kickoff. I've seen previews of some of the commercials and I have to admit I'm looking forward to them.
I hope they bring back memories of the late 90s/early 2000s commercials? Such as the Budweiser Frog and the Taco Bell Dog...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, I mean, not that I'm exactly rooting for something like this, but Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction brought us a streak of halftime shows featuring:

Paul McCartney
The Rolling Stones
Prince
Tom Petty
Bruce Springsteen
The Who

This halftime show has this old fogey convinced it's about time for a reset. So I take it back - I am actually rooting for Timberlake's pants to fall down.

Edit: Props to the Prince tribute, though.

Eagles earned it. Brady is still the GOAT. Pats D was a big let down, but props to Foles and Eagles O for a great game plan. Go Niners and Jimmy G 2018/19!!!

I've been jocking Foles since Wentz went down. Honestly I wish I cared about football today. I'd have loved to call my dad and chat about the UA QB that beat my favorite team. It's bittersweet for me on so many levels.

If you are an Eagles fan that has waited for this day, congratulations. I mean it.

As for the pick'em game, VF21 continued her dominance, going 10 out of 11 on picks throughout the playoffs and tying for the most points this week even including the bonuses. That of course means she wins the overall game.

That's two straight pick'em victories, VF. Are we moving away from mascot-based prognostications or are they just hitting their stride this year? ;)

Here are the final standings (Super Bowl week points in parentheses):
26(10) - VF21
24(10) - uolj
19(8) - kingsboi
16(2) - Capt. Factorial
20(3) - pdxKingsFan
12(3) - LoungeLizard
10(10) - Sac.1989
8(2) - eMBarkat10n
2(2) - 63royals

As for the pick'em game, VF21 continued her dominance, going 10 out of 11 on picks throughout the playoffs and tying for the most points this week even including the bonuses. That of course means she wins the overall game.

That's two straight pick'em victories, VF. Are we moving away from mascot-based prognostications or are they just hitting their stride this year? ;)

26(10) - VF21
24(10) - uolj
19(8) - kingsboi
16(2) - Capt. Factorial
20(3) - pdxKingsFan
12(3) - LoungeLizard
10(10) - Sac.1989
8(2) - eMBarkat10n
2(2) - 63royals
Well done, @VF21 :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

26(10) - VF21
24(10) - uolj
19(8) - kingsboi
16(2) - Capt. Factorial
20(3) - pdxKingsFan
12(3) - LoungeLizard
10(10) - Sac.1989
8(2) - eMBarkat10n
2(2) - 63royals
Let's just say I'm refining the system and getting better at understanding the nuances. :p