Stupid, Mental Mistakes

is this better VF ?

anyways

WHAT WAS BRIAN SKINNER THINKING GOING FOR THAT BALL!! NO ROCKET WAS NEAR, AFTER MCGRADY MISSED...IT WAS A 6 POINT GAME THEN AND WE WOULDA HAD THE BALL BACK...EVERYTIME WE CUT IT CLOSE, WE DID SOMETHING STUPID

IN THE 3RD WE CUT IT TO 5, THEN BIBBY PASSED IT TO SURA, AND BARRY HIT A 3

GoSACtown said:
is this better VF ?

anyways

WHAT WAS BRIAN SKINNER THINKING GOING FOR THAT BALL!! NO ROCKET WAS NEAR, AFTER MCGRADY MISSED...IT WAS A 6 POINT GAME THEN AND WE WOULDA HAD THE BALL BACK...EVERYTIME WE CUT IT CLOSE, WE DID SOMETHING STUPID

IN THE 3RD WE CUT IT TO 5, THEN BIBBY PASSED IT TO SURA, AND BARRY HIT A 3
I completely agree. That was one of the worse mistakes you can make. If he let that go, the Kings would've had the position, down by 6, with the crowd in it. That basically cost the Kings the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whoa. Lot of hostility in there. And there is NO NEED for all caps.

Dude, this is a new team. They're going to make mistakes. They have won 3 of the last 4 games. What do you expect of them?

If you're going to blame anyone, blame Brian Skinner's parents for not having taller genes.

Too many costly turnovers today. Like others have said... everytime the Kings made a run an unforced turnover resulted in a 4-5 point swing. The Kings can hang with the better teams in the west but they really need to work on consistency. Miller being out will really hurt the offensive flow.

VF21 said:

Dude, this is a new team. They're going to make mistakes. They have won 3 of the last 4 games. What do you expect of them?

If you're going to blame anyone, blame Brian Skinner's parents for not having taller genes.
new team or not, that was not a team move, that was an individual move, you dont ever do that..if its on the nba court or if its on the playground

VF21 said:

This is not a mistake where you can have an excuse for. Brian Skinner could've just let the ball go out of the bounds. Why did he feel he needed to get the rebound?

xrzn said:
This is not a mistake where you can have an excuse for. Brian Skinner could've just let the ball go out of the bounds. Why did he feel he needed to get the rebound?
agreed, he also hesitated, if he would have attempted right away he coulda got it

That turnover was tough... but you got to give Rockets credit cause they cashed in off that TO. Good teams do that. I don't blame this loss on Brian Skinner at all. I thought he played the best he can vs Yao.

VF21 said:
Hehehehe. :D

Don't blame it on Skinner....blame it on the lack of rebounding, and on Peja for not showing up in the second half. Peja is not, and will never be a leader on any team....he is a catch and shoot type of a player.

piksi

Hall of Famer
mikebibby1034 said:
it was a good pass it was just that the other guy, i think it was skinner, wasnt expecting it and he could catch it
It was not a good pass. It was not even smart. When You play with the guy that does not know your game well enough - you keep it simple

BullKing said:
Don't blame it on Skinner....blame it on the lack of rebounding, and on Peja for not showing up in the second half. Peja is not, and will never be a leader on any team....he is a catch and shoot type of a player.
im not blaming the game on skinner, im just saying that was a crucial mistake, and could have cost us a chance at the game...who knows what we would have done the next time down, probably would have turned it over again

OptimusRhyme said:
XRZN-^ who cares everyone makes mistakes, cut him a brake.
I agree, it was a mistake, and we have to cut the guy some slack. he is playing 150% out there, and if his overeagerness to grab an extra rebound causes one mistake like that a season I think we can live with it!;)

love_them_kings said:
I agree, it was a mistake, and we have to cut the guy some slack. he is playing 150% out there, and if his overeagerness to grab an extra rebound causes one mistake like that a season I think we can live with it!;)
I totally agree. How can you not love the guys effort?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I refuse to point the finger at any one person, but I especially refuse to point the finger at a guy who has gone from bench-warmer in the East to starter in the West in two weeks and who has, for the most part, more than risen to the occasion.

It's really easy for arm-chair athletes to act as though they've never made a mistake or miscue in their lives and to act as though every member of the Kings should be perfect every single game.

Brian Skinner's stat sheet is looking pretty impressive to me and he's entitled to make an occasional mistake. He didn't cost the Kings the game, any more than Bibby's cold afternoon cost the Kings the game.

IMHO what cost us the game is we were playing the hottest team in the NBA. AND, to make it even more dificult, their premiere center was able to get quality rest time because Deke apparently time-warped back about 5 years and played a very good game.

It happens. You move on.

ImaKingsFan said:
I totally agree. How can you not love the guys effort?
I know, for me the biggest (and very pleasant) surprise about this trade is Skinner, because when I heard we were getting someone that Philly kept on the IL, I figured he would never see any play time here. I have been totally impressed by his efforts and his abilities.

it's not Skinner's fault...

It simply isn't Brian's fault, the entire team played kinda tired today and that's why they lost. On the other hand The Rockets played great all-around game with all players involved. They were simply too good to be beaten by injured Sac. team with so many new faces floating around. If I must say something negative that'll be Mo's first half. I wasn't sure if it was him or A.I. in his body ...

piksi said:
It was not a good pass. It was not even smart. When You play with the guy that does not know your game well enough - you keep it simple
thats true but im saying that it was a good pass skinner just didnt catch it. they just didnt play as well as ive seen them play. there were too many turnovers and people just werent thinking out there.

i thought Brian touched it so he had to run after it or else it would have definetly been off of the Kings...

its sux

but at least he tried after it

I don't know if i would call it a mental mistake

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think it's fair to single out one play in the game and assign so much value to it. Every player makes mistakes every time he steps on the court.

I agree with iheartBrad. I wouldn't call it a mental mistake. I would simply call it an "oops" and move on.

VF21 said:
I don't think it's fair to single out one play in the game and assign so much value to it. Every player makes mistakes every time he steps on the court.

I agree with iheartBrad. I wouldn't call it a mental mistake. I would simply call it an "oops" and move on.
I agree!! When I saw this thread...I was like >> :confused:

:D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Got back from the game an hour or so a go, and I have to say the problem the Kings have is exactlywhat you would expect from a starting line up this new. These guys are still learning to paly together, combined witht eh size differential the Kings realy never had much of a chance, I was pleased to see them hang with the Rocktes for 3 of 4 quarters. The Kings palyed tenaciously, misteks were there but that iswhat you have to expect with only one guy in the starting 5 that had a Sacramento adress in October.