Stockton Kings thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This thread is for discussion of the Stockton Kings. It's not for snide comments or shade on our regular Kings.

What happened to Derrick Martin? I thought people were gushing over the job he did with the bighorns last year. Did they let him go along with the move to Stockton? Or was he “promoted” to the Kings as an assistant and I just missed it?

Anyone know which pick they have in this fall's g-league draft? I know utah's affiliate has the 1st pick.

Interested to see what happens to Darius Bazeley, former 5-star recruit,who should b a 1st rd pick in the NBA draft next yr.

What happened to Derrick Martin? I thought people were gushing over the job he did with the bighorns last year. Did they let him go along with the move to Stockton? Or was he “promoted” to the Kings as an assistant and I just missed it?
Isn't he still with the Stockton team ?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250959/Kings-Hire-Ty-Ellis-As-Head-Coach-Of-G-League-Team

The Sacramento Kings have hired Ty Ellis to become head coach of the Stockton Kings.
Ellis was previously an assistant coach with the Phoenix Suns.

Professional career
Since his graduation from Southern Nazarene University, Ellis has played professional basketball in the United States (Huntsville Flight), Germany (Frankfurt Skyliners), Turkey (Beşiktaş Cola Turka), Italy (Basket Napoli) and Spain (Casademont Girona, Cajasol Sevilla, Asefa Estudiantes). He also had Summer League stints with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks.

Coaching career
On October 30, 2015, after stints with the Tulsa 66ers, Reno Bighorns and Grand Rapids Drive, Ellis was hired by the Bakersfield Jam to be an assistant coach.[2] On July 15, 2016, Ellis was promoted to head coach for the Northern Arizona Suns, the recently relocated Bakersfield Jam franchise. During his first and only season coaching the Northern Arizona squad, he led the team to a 10–1 record to start the season, with the only loss occurring in double-overtime against the Los Angeles D-Fenders. However, by the end of the season, the Suns finished with a losing record of 22–28.

On July 5, 2017, Ellis was announced as the assistant coach for Team USA Basketball for the 2017 FIBA AmeriCup.[3] Under the roster led by Jeff Van Gundy as head coach, Team U.S.A. would go undefeated to win the FIBA AmeriCup that year. On October 23, 2017, before the start of the Northern Arizona Suns' season, Ellis was named an assistant coach for the Phoenix Suns[4] with the promotion of Phoenix assistant Jay Triano as the interim head coach.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
If you do, we are in Section 114, Row 8, Seats 12-15. Come say hi!
Sorry we couldn't make it down to say hi. Ended up in the cheap seats upstairs at the last minute. Not great basketball but a fun time and got pictures with Vlade & Pedja so we'll call that a win!

Last edited: