Stockton Kings 2019-2020 Thread

I wonder if Mika will ever get a crack at the big leagues? I thought he looked pretty good in Summer league and has been averaging 19 and 17. I haven't watched the Stockton games but he looks like he plays tough. I know the Kings don't really have a spot for him but could see him catching on elsewhere.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Morgan and Deuce doing the commentary...

Looks like it's gonna be a good night for Kings fans in the 916 AND the 209. Those uniforms, though, have got to go.

Caleb Swanigan looks even bigger than he was at the start of the season. He's rapidly approaching Tractor status.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Morgan and Deuce doing the commentary...

Looks like it's gonna be a good night for Kings fans in the 916 AND the 209. Those uniforms, though, have got to go.

Caleb Swanigan looks even bigger than he was at the start of the season. He's rapidly approaching Tractor status.
Cut him some slack. Yesterday was Thanksgiving!

The Yogi chant is awesome but I kinda want to see what Guy would do with his minutes.
This kid is scrappy. As far as a former KINGS players go, he kinda reminds me of a cross version of what many fans expected Jimmer to be (shooting ability, fearlessness in taking shots) and Jason Williams (in terms of moxie, swagger and confidence).

Many fans here are into prejudgement, but it’s already looking like the KINGS landed at least two intriguing future prospects. Justin James is showing flashes of good play with the big club while Kyle Guy is just rolling in G League.

This kid is scrappy. As far as a former KINGS players go, he kinda reminds me of a cross version of what many fans expected Jimmer to be (shooting ability, fearlessness in taking shots) and Jason Williams (in terms of moxie, swagger and confidence).

Many fans here are into prejudgement, but it’s already looking like the KINGS landed at least two intriguing future prospects. Justin James is showing flashes of good play with the big club while Kyle Guy is just rolling in G League.
Have you been to any games? I’m hearing though he scores points he shoots a low percentage and can’t guard anyone. Don’t know how true those points are or not.

Have you been to any games? I’m hearing though he scores points he shoots a low percentage and can’t guard anyone. Don’t know how true those points are or not.
He had a great game. 42 points on 23 field goal attempts is fantastic. His problem is that the majority of his games he will score 25 points but it takes him 25 field goals to get there. He's shooting 36% from 3 and 37% overall. That's not going to cut it and will only be exacerbated at the NBA level. I still like what I'm seeing out of him. I'd much rather have our 2nd round "star" go out there and be aggressive than just let himself get lost in the shuffle of the G League. I just think he needs a lot more seasoning before he can perform in the NBA. Think Quinn Cook.

He's also averaging almost 5 assists per36 which is double what he did in college. Although in college he wasn't the primary ball handler but either way it's still promising.

Also keep an eye on Jeffries. He's already gotten into a couple games for spot minutes with the big club and they werent in garbage time either. This guy needs some seasoning on offense but he is known for his defense and I'm sure that's why Walton has put him in a couple games. He just put up 20 and 19. Took him 22 shots so his offense obviously needs work but this guy is shooting 40% from 3 in Stockton and can play defense. He may be another guy in the Justin James mold. Possible 3&D player moving forward.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
He had a great game. 42 points on 23 field goal attempts is fantastic. His problem is that the majority of his games he will score 25 points but it takes him 25 field goals to get there. He's shooting 36% from 3 and 37% overall. That's not going to cut it and will only be exacerbated at the NBA level. I still like what I'm seeing out of him. I'd much rather have our 2nd round "star" go out there and be aggressive than just let himself get lost in the shuffle of the G League. I just think he needs a lot more seasoning before he can perform in the NBA. Think Quinn Cook.

He's also averaging almost 5 assists per36 which is double what he did in college. Although in college he wasn't the primary ball handler but either way it's still promising.

Also keep an eye on Jeffries. He's already gotten into a couple games for spot minutes with the big club and they werent in garbage time either. This guy needs some seasoning on offense but he is known for his defense and I'm sure that's why Walton has put him in a couple games. He just put up 20 and 19. Took him 22 shots so his offense obviously needs work but this guy is shooting 40% from 3 in Stockton and can play defense. He may be another guy in the Justin James mold. Possible 3&D player moving forward.
Or a PJ Tucker style SG/PF. He's a beast physically. I watched some highlights and most of his inside damage was on bigs.

I have not. Just seen a couple games on replay and occasional highlights.

True about some of the high volume, low percentage games. But doesn’t the bearded hag do that crap yet still considered ‘great’ by many? Lol. Defensive deficiency about the same. Too bad for Guy he isn’t 6-7 and doesn’t get to the line 12 times per game.

He had a great game. 42 points on 23 field goal attempts is fantastic. His problem is that the majority of his games he will score 25 points but it takes him 25 field goals to get there. He's shooting 36% from 3 and 37% overall. That's not going to cut it and will only be exacerbated at the NBA level.
The overall shooting numbers need to go up for sure. But the 3pt percentage is fine. I think as he gains more experience and figures out where his best shots come from, the efficiency will climb. The existence of G League is perfect for this kid.

The things I’ve enjoyed seeing are the drives and finishes at the rim and the playmaking for others. If he can continue to develop and improve those skills, along with his ability to already score from anywhere on the floor, he’s got a shot to make it.

Also, as you said, he needs to vastly improve defensively. He needs to get stronger. However, he did come from a strong defensive college program so I know he understands team defense. He just needs to improve individually.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I watched some of the game the other night.....my take in Kyle Guy and his shooting % is that he is just letting it fly and that includes some shots that he won’t be taking when he’s with the big club. I mean, there are some heat checks being thrown up. I think he sees the floor well. Defensively, he’s never Going to be great because of his size, he just needs to work hard there because he’s signed to shoot the ball

True about some of the high volume, low percentage games. But doesn’t the bearded hag do that crap yet still considered ‘great’ by many? Lol. Defensive deficiency about the same. Too bad for Guy he isn’t 6-7 and doesn’t get to the line 12 times per game.
AHEM.

Just was reading about the controversial SA/HOU game last night and looked at the boxscore then immediately thought of this thread and this comment I had made.

Case in point re: the bearded hag. He scored 50. But was 11-38 overall and 4-20 from three. Saving grace? The NBA gifted him 24 trips to the free throw line.

Point is, get to the line — even if it’s BS half the time — and the masses will believe you’re great even though you’re just a volume chucker!!!!!!!

Get to the line Kyle Guy! And you’ll be fine! lol

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Going to the game tonight. My wife is friends with Cody Demp's aunt so we got some shirts signed and she dropped them off at our house today!

Also, it is Star Wars night tonight, so that should be fun.

IMG_E0718 reduced.jpg