Spurs @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is not really that big
No, but still 3" taller than standard King height.
he is at least 30
You're right, he's 31, his being an NBA noob threw me off.
his talent level is average NBA standards

his bigest advantage is that he is playing Kings frontline
He has shot 67% so far this year, which is pretty respectable. And with no big defenders to get in his way, he's shooting that tonight, too.

Well, I can't say this has been fun, but it was enlightening.

We need Brad back, sooner rather than later.
Salmons is needed as well.
Mike has GOT to get his shot back consistently.
WE have to MOVE the ball. less one-on-one .more team.

See ya Wednesday.

GO KINGS!!!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
biggest difference would be that garcia, corliss, and ronnie wouldnt be playing while our starters would be dead tired and we would lose anyway
Seriously. Petire needs to get us a shotblocker. 48 points in the paint. Dont blame the coach blame the GM (whos perfectly happy with our "front court").

Ah well...It was just the 3rd that killed us..Hopefully we do better against Utah (ugh).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, in evolution, you can't just buy or trade for what you need. In basketball, you can. Why it isn't being done is another question...
(Okay, warning. Sarcasm to follow...)

Yeah, what the bleep is wrong with Petrie and the Maloofs? Why aren't they out there spending MORE money to sign ... ... well ... SOMEONE who can block shots and make this team better overnight? Why are we, the fans, having to put up with this rebuilding excuse??

Give me a break...

/end sarcasm

What this isn't is a video game. The process of rebuilding a team takes time. And yes, we're still trying to rebuild a team - on the fly- while still retaining the ability to put a somewhat competitive product on the court.

Just thought it was strange that Kevin Martin didn't play for most of the second quarter. Even though the Kings were playing well, it's still odd that one of your team's best players is on the bench when he's still playing well and not in foul trouble.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Just thought it was strange that Kevin Martin didn't play for most of the second quarter. Even though the Kings were playing well, it's still odd that one of your team's best players is on the bench when he's still playing well and not in foul trouble.
he had 2 early fouls

Look at our current scenarios and tell me where that would work?? Taking into effect our injuries, cap situation and current pieces already in place.
A month ago, it seemed feasible. Now, barring significant, beneficial and unlikely trades, I think we're locked in for the year.

Fixing things would imply management eating some crow, and that is pretty much unthinkable.

But hey, I'll be around. I got my Duane Causwell and Lionel Simmons rookie cards autographed, so you know I have a high threshold for pain.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But hey, I'll be around. I got my Duane Causwell and Lionel Simmons rookie cards autographed, so you know I have a high threshold for pain.
Thank you. For some reason, that made me laugh. It really puts things into a bit of perspective.

:)

The officiating...

at the end of the 2nd quarter tonight was awful and really turned the momentum in the Spurs favor, but with that said Tim Duncan looked as good as I have seen him in awhile and we just with Kenny at 6'7 and Shareef at 6'9 had no one to stop him. I give the Spurs all the credit tonight they played great and exectued there offense real good. Great ball movement by them tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.