Shut down ZBO for season?

Should Vlade shut down ZBo and Vets?

• Shut down ZBO

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Shut down ZBO plus Temple

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Shut down ZBO Temple and Kk or Carter?

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Keep them all active

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Since he will be back next year i think it best to shut him down to let the old man recoup for nect year. Wouldn't mind Temple and Carter to join him soon and we see more cooley sampson and bruno.

Vlade, shut down the vets!
Anything else is pointless on our part. We are 13 games out of the 8th seed with 24 games left in the season. We are also in the thick of the tank race with ourselves, the Suns, Mavs, Grizzlies, Hawks, and Magic all having 18 wins a piece and the Nets having 19. Our last 24 games also see us I see no reason to play Zbo anymore this season. It's good for him and us going forward.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
They've tiptoed throughout the whole year and now it's time time kick the experience into another gear. I say shutting them down is a good idea. Maybe keep 1 or 2 active every night but only as deep benchers.

Yes please. I'd be in favor of shutting down all the vets.

Please don't give me rubberish about "teaching the young kids to win the RIGHT way". there is no right or wrong way of winning...there's just winning.

I don't give a rats ass about ZBo or any of the vets on this team. Bye

I'm good with this.

They are a game out of the 7th slot. 7th has just a 15% chance of moving up.

The notion of the Kings:

* Dumping on their fan base and pushing out some fans that rushed in with the new arena to tank, but not having the guts to see it through / liked the vibe of the young kids; and
* Adding the 7th pick in this draft and nothing next draft to this roster.

That's brutal on the basketball and business fronts for the team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If Joerger will actually play the kids, then yes. But I think if we shut down Z-bo, we'll just see his minutes go to Kosta.

Z-bo aint a bad tank commander. He did most of his damage last night in the 1st quarter, where we got obliterated. We clawed back during the Skal and Buddy show in the 2nd.

It would be funny if Joerger has been tanking all along for us and that's why he DOES play the vets!

I'm all for throwing the kids out there though.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Playing Zach made sense at the beginning of the season, but it sure doesn't make any sense with 20-something games to play. It's just ridiculous. It's as if they were planning on signing him to a 7-year deal so that they could build the team around him. This is when I have no problem with Divac having a conversation with Joerger to inform him that Skal and WCS need to play a lot more at the expense of Randolph.

Although I'm not sure Joeger would ever shut down ZBo because he loves him so much, it may be better for the Kings to save his legs and risk of injury by severely limiting his minutes or shutting him down for the rest of this season.

Considering we don't own our pick next year, keeping ZBo healthy for next season, where he hopefully plays a key roll off the bench, may be more prudent than trying to give him minutes this season.

Next year we will be trying to win (no more tanking in 2018-2019;)) and ZBo may be better utilized next year off the bench, so we need to keep him healthy for next season.

Last edited:
Joerger thinks mixing in vets = better youth development. I want him to call those shots however he sees fit - not shut down anybody.
Joerger has done a great job of that so far. I think that the vets have done their job and have helped check a lot of the emotions on the team and have taught the younger guys a lot of the mental aspects of competing. While I've been open about my desire for us to tank, I legitimately don't think there is anything left for the vets to assist with this season. Like I said, they've done their job and in turn I think the youth have earned their right to play big minutes the rest of the season. It gives the vets time to rest for next season and the youth a chance to strengthen chemistry. It also gives us our best chance at a high draft pick in a strong draft class. Not giving us our best chance at this pick with us so far removed from contention is irresponsible on the front office's part with us not having a pick next year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
There is no way that Joerger allows that to happen....the vets will continue to play, despite what was said not too long ago about sitting at least two vets every night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Joerger has done a great job of that so far. I think that the vets have done their job and have helped check a lot of the emotions on the team and have taught the younger guys a lot of the mental aspects of competing. While I've been open about my desire for us to tank, I legitimately don't think there is anything left for the vets to assist with this season. Like I said, they've done their job and in turn I think the youth have earned their right to play big minutes the rest of the season. It gives the vets time to rest for next season and the youth a chance to strengthen chemistry. It also gives us our best chance at a high draft pick in a strong draft class. Not giving us our best chance at this pick with us so far removed from contention is irresponsible on the front office's part with us not having a pick next year.
I agree in theory with virtually everything you've said. But - when you have to send the two-ways guys back to Reno and also have a couple out with various ailments, it seriously cuts down our being able to put a team on the court if you shut the vets down. The last thing I want to see is an injury to one of the players of the future because they're playing extended minutes at the end of a meaningless season. I'm aware the chances of that happening are not overwhelming, but this is the Kings we're talking about.

There is no way that Joerger allows that to happen....the vets will continue to play, despite what was said not too long ago about sitting at least two vets every night.
Since that was said we had a lot of injuries which meant the vets needed to be active otherwise we would have a very short rotation.

I am down with the original plan of sitting a couple of veterans every game provided that the youngsters are healthy and ready to play. Last night if we sat the vets, we would have had 7 active players, two of whom are coming back from longish term injuries and are on monitored minutes as a result.

People sometimes really need to look at the bigger picture.

Zbo - black hole, disrupts the flow of the offense, makes everyone a spectator: sit for rest of season

Carter - love him but taking away minutes from Buddy, Jackson, AND Skal: sit as much as possible

temple - use as a defensive stopper if we are being completely destroyed by a 2 or a 3. de-emphasize him on offense. that way he keeps us functional and young guys can play in a meaningful way

KK- use in similar way to Temple for rebounding, screen setting, fouling. that way young guys getting most of usage and responsibility while he provides support

Zbo - black hole, disrupts the flow of the offense, makes everyone a spectator: sit for rest of season

Carter - love him but taking away minutes from Buddy, Jackson, AND Skal: sit as much as possible

temple - use as a defensive stopper if we are being completely destroyed by a 2 or a 3. de-emphasize him on offense. that way he keeps us functional and young guys can play in a meaningful way

KK- use in similar way to Temple for rebounding, screen setting, fouling. that way young guys getting most of usage and responsibility while he provides support
The only person with a hoop last night in the first 6 minutes was your Black Hole. Who would have matched up to Adams last night?

We have of 15 players. You practically have to play most of them every game. Two thirds of the layers are very limited n experienc. You play you best players in order to win and be a winning team. You play your youth as much as you can to develop them to be contributor on a winning team. Tha is what the Kings are doing now. And I think Joerger is doing a good job of it. I won’t name the 15 players on our team but they are each basketball players of some talent and they are all being used in the best interest of the team now and for the future. It’s a balancing act and Joerger is good at it.

The only person with a hoop last night in the first 6 minutes was your Black Hole. Who would have matched up to Adams last night?
I see the value of Zbo as a player, but it has to weighed with his value to the goal this team has for the rest of the season, which is supposedly gaining a better insight into who we can count on long term. That is why I don't advocate sitting all the vets all the time. A screen setter and a perimeter defender can contribute to the overall play while not taking away from the main goal. But a scoring machine that thrives in one on one play is not that conducive to finding out who our long term players will be. As for that game specifically, yeah, it would be nightmare for WCS and Skal. It does not help that KK was unavailable...

I totally get that the fan crowdsource knows more about how to develop players than the coach and his staff.

Otherwise what would be the point of the internet.

Or they are just reiterating the same the path laid by almost every other rebuilding team in history. It could go either way I guess. As it sits the Kings will possibly be the king of suck with the current losers streak well in hand and at some point you have to wonder if all the Kings plans of eschewing a traditional rebuilding platform for the past 12 years has something to do with the length of their own doom and gloom.

Or they are just reiterating the same the path laid by almost every other rebuilding team in history. It could go either way I guess. As it sits the Kings will possibly be the king of suck with the current losers streak well in hand and at some point you have to wonder if all the Kings plans of eschewing a traditional rebuilding platform for the past 12 years has something to do with the length of their own doom and gloom.
Bruh ...