Should We Trade Dedmon to Dallas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Dallas trade Lee and Powell and 1st for Drummond?
Would be more salary next year, but could Zinger and Andre be one nasty pair up front? Or would they be in each others way?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
How about
Dedmon for Powell and a 1st?
Dallas has already traded their 2021 and 2023 firsts in the Porzingis deal, so the earliest first they have available is 2025. As I have pointed out in another thread (before this thread existed) the best draft asset that Dallas has *reasonably* available is this year's GSW second (which, as it stands right now, looks like #31-33-ish).

Dedmon wont probably get us any extra assets. I think the consensus around the league is that trading Dedmon for an expiring contract is a very fair deal.

Why would they want a crap contract like Dedmon? They got Boban/Maxi/Zinger atm I'm sure there is a big body in the G-League they could get or just go extra small with DFS at the 4. Lee is way more valuable (expiring) to Dedmon if anything we would need to throw in a 2nd rounder.

Dedmon is one of the worst value contracts do far in the NBA.

Why would they want a crap contract like Dedmon? They got Boban/Maxi/Zinger atm I'm sure there is a big body in the G-League they could get or just go extra small with DFS at the 4. Lee is way more valuable (expiring) to Dedmon if anything we would need to throw in a 2nd rounder.

Dedmon is one of the worst value contracts do far in the NBA.
I think you underestimate Dedmon's value. He has a good track record from previous years. If Donnie and Rick want a 5 and decide on Dedmon Cuban will pay the bill IMO.

I think you underestimate Dedmon's value. He has a good track record from previous years. If Donnie and Rick want a 5 and decide on Dedmon Cuban will pay the bill IMO.
Dedmon is a way worse player than Maxi Kleber with less skills they don't need him or his contract, they could get Ed Davis from the Jazz at half the cost.

Dedmon is a way worse player than Maxi Kleber with less skills they don't need him or his contract, they could get Ed Davis from the Jazz at half the cost.
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on Dedmon. Or at least I am:) I have watched both play and think they are both pretty average centers. Dedmon IMO has the advantage as a starter because of his size and defense.

Here is a link to Dedmon's stats--> https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/klebima01.html

Here is a link to Kleber's stats-- https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/klebima01.html

With Donnie Nelson as the GM I would not be surprised to see the Mavs bring in Koufos or some other European player. (Yes I know Kosta was born in Ohio:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.