Shaq v. Kobe - Part 72340986.4346987

New guys, new energy inspire Shaq

I like this team because there are guys that shoot. I've got two or three hard-nosed guys and I've got nine, 10, 11 unselfish guys."

Having spent many of his eight years in Los Angeles quarreling with teammate Kobe Bryant and Lakers management, O'Neal says South Florida has provided a refreshing perspective.

"[Power forward Udonis] Haslem came to me the first day and said, `Diesel, I ain't going to be in your way. The only thing I want to do is rebound and when you get doubled, I'm going to cut to the basket and just throw me a lob,'" O'Neal says with a smile as big as his massive legs that are soaking poolside.

"I haven't heard that since a young Horace Grant. Most guys on a team, they want to shoot, they want to score. Haslem said, `You don't ever have to call my play.' I told him in practice, `When I get the ball and your man comes, cut.' He told me the other day, `I didn't know you could pass like that.'"

"I want to help in making D-Wade become the best player in the world," he says. "I like his game, and when I say game, I say all-around game. Of course he can score. Of course he can penetrate and dunk. But he's given me passes just playing pickup ball that I haven't seen in six, seven years from certain people.

"I could look at his game and say he's an unselfish player, that his game has risen the right way. Most of these young guys now, they watch And-1, think it's about throwing it between their legs. They think it's about hitting the game-winning shot. They think about all that. He doesn't. I like his game."

"I would like the offense to run through me, because let's just talk common sense: When you've got a guy like Shaq that's shooting 60, 70 percent [actually 58.4 percent last season], you get the ball to him," he says, now a most unique sight, standing in full uniform in the pool, with the water barely to the bottom of his shorts. "If you've got a guy shooting 60, 70 percent, the other team's got to make a decision to stop him, and when they make a decision to stop him, Shaq's going to kick it out.

"Pat was straight up. He said, `I don't like you being big. I want you to get down to your old shape.' I said OK, so I didn't lift weights this summer. I just did all cardio, that's all I did."

Freakout said:
"I want to help in making D-Wade become the best player in the world," he says.
Shaq speech: "D-Wade better feed the Big Dog."

"I like his game, and when I say game, I say all-around game. Of course he can score. Of course he can penetrate and dunk.

But he's given me passes just playing pickup ball that I haven't seen in six, seven years from certain people.

gina said:
Let's face it, you'd have to be an idiot not to feed Shaq the ball if he's on your team.
That's true, but Shaq has never had a star guard next to him who didn't feed him the ball. Penny avg'd 6.9 apg during his stay with Shaq. Kobe avg'd 5.1 over the last 6 years, which is only .1 behind the lead for all shooting guards during that time. Shaq uses the guise of MDE to rationalize his whining about touches.

You also have to feed Shaq in the right spots, which he usually fails to mention. He's become more and more unwilling and unable to repost when he gets doubled.

Shaq's game has been exposed by the zone defense. And he is not as dominant as he used to be. Still the most dominant, but it seems he missed more "chippies" than he ever did in one season. And Shaq is an idiot if he thinks Wade will be a better partner in crime than Kobe.

Childish names Kobe can call Shaq

Helping Kobe fight fire with fire
Story Tools:
Print
Email
Eric Moneypenny / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 days ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3053718

As reported on FOXSports.com Friday, in an article from The South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal called his former teammate Kobe Bryant a "joke" and a "clown."

Now apparently, Kobe started all of this with some statements about how he should have paid his accuser off, like Shaq has done to women that he has extra-martially stepped to the free throw line with over the years, spending over $1 million doing so. I have no idea whether that's true or not. If not, Shaq has every right to be furious with Kobe.

However, since I like Kobe Bryant exponentially more than I like Shaquille O'Neal, I'm here to provide Kobe with a list of childish names that he can call Shaq back in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel or any other newspaper, if he's short on ideas.

Childish names that Kobe can retort back to Shaq with . . .

(entries courtesy of thesaurus.com and dictionary.com)
  • buffoon
  • dolt
  • merry-andrew
  • mountebank
  • not Wilt Chamberlain
  • boor
  • brick machine
  • mount st. brickens
  • baron von brickhausen
  • bumpkin
  • chuff
  • churl
  • clod
  • clodhopper
  • free throw mason
  • the mayor of bricklesberg
  • a horrible rapper
  • a worse actor
  • someone who is not funny at all
  • someone who plays a sport that barely resembles basketball
  • an Icy Hot shill
  • lout
  • Mark Price's b****!
  • Ben Wallace's b****!(sorry but I find this one funny)
  • yahoo
  • yokel
  • boob
  • an embarrassment to an entire city at victory / welcoming parades
  • reason why the Lakers didn't repeat
  • not Bill Russell
So there it is, Kobe. Now you and Shaq can keep this senseless feud in the headlines all season long while you both play for 44-38 teams.

It's not like Kobe's gonna resort to do this, but I find the hatred of this one writer towards Shaq extremely amusing to say the least.

Last edited:
imagine this:

Kobe drives down the lane where the big sofa is the last line of D. Kobe rises, going up strong hoping to stuff the ball right in the hole & right in the face of Shaq....then Big Jello obliges--& flattens Kobe like a pancake after sending his shot right into the rafters.

OH YEAH! so anyone know when the 1st heat-lakers game will be? :)