[Game] Sacramento Kings @ New Orleans Pelicans 4/4/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure you were joking, but certainly not Golden State! They're 32-8 at home and a 9-30 on the road! Yikes!
And even with Wiggins they did not look the same. People forget that. Of course, i expect him to give them a shot in the arm but they’ll only go as far as the splash brothers can take em

I remember liking Len during his first stint here and was happy we re-signed him. Then he would get on the floor and look like he had never played before. Now he is a game changing defensive player haha
Right there with you. I started to question my opinion of him but after he shook the cobwebs off he’s been looking great. No he is not Sabonis out there on offense, but he can set a pretty good screen and his interior defense is clearly the best on the team. Even if it’s just for 12 to 15 minutes a night, his defense really helps to set a tone for the team.

Right there with you. I started to question my opinion of him but after he shook the cobwebs off he’s been looking great. No he is not Sabonis out there on offense, but he can set a pretty good screen and his interior defense is clearly the best on the team. Even if it’s just for 12 to 15 minutes a night, his defense really helps to set a tone for the team.
It's amazing how much of this game is a game of opportunities. We had so many pathetic and open lanes down the middle with easy layups in the past couple of games before playing Len that Mike Brown just threw him out there to get the current guys on the floor back then off the floor. Suddenly, Len actually tries in the lane and Brown was like, "Huh! Why not?"

Very impressive win. I've been waiting for Len to turn back into a pumpkin any minute now but he has looked fantastic out there on the defensive end. His defense has been game changing the last few games. Also shout out to Barnes on Ingram. Ingram took us to the cleaners for the first few minutes but after that, Barnes basically locked him down.

Kings sure did get hot from 3 in a hurry last night. I was getting really annoyed with all the bricks early on but once Keegan caught fire, everyone else followed. Davion also had a couple of big 3s. First stopped the bleeding and the second was the dagger.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very impressive win. I've been waiting for Len to turn back into a pumpkin any minute now but he has looked fantastic out there on the defensive end. His defense has been game changing the last few games. Also shout out to Barnes on Ingram. Ingram took us to the cleaners for the first few minutes but after that, Barnes basically locked him down.

Kings sure did get hot from 3 in a hurry last night. I was getting really annoyed with all the bricks early on but once Keegan caught fire, everyone else followed. Davion also had a couple of big 3s. First stopped the bleeding and the second was the dagger.
It wasn't just Barnes. They were doubling and shading BI on every catch after his hot start. Credit to HB, but that was a team effort and a good adjustment by Jordi and Mike Brown. Really good awareness on their part. Ingram is a very good passer on the move, but not as much off the catch. So they limited his ability to drive and got the ball out of his hands early in the possessions.

The Kings definitely shot better after a dreadful start from outside, but if you take away Keegan, instead of 40.5% from three, the rest of the team still only shot 31.3% for the game.

It wasn't just Barnes. They were doubling and shading BI on every catch after his hot start. Credit to HB, but that was a team effort and a good adjustment by Jordi and Mike Brown. Really good awareness on their part. Ingram is a very good passer on the move, but not as much off the catch. So they limited his ability to drive and got the ball out of his hands early in the possessions.

The Kings definitely shot better after a dreadful start from outside, but if you take away Keegan, instead of 40.5% from three, the rest of the team still only shot 31.3% for the game.
Would you like to be the new pre and post game commentator when we petition to send Kenny Thomas into the carwash owning/tire shop owning/restaurant owning business rather than his current job?

how many times has a team has a better record on the road than at home? Can’t imagine it happens often
This team has matched the SAC era record for most road wins and can still best it.

That's crazy when you consider how good the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 teams were.

If they could just figure things out at home and keep up their road warrior ways, this team could win 59-61 games next season just as those two other KINGS teams did.

Status
Not open for further replies.