SACRAMENTO KINGS 2021 NBA (summer league) CHAMPIONS

You know who did not have a good summer league? Buddy Hield. He is looking way more tradable now than ever.
True, AND....
  1. That's bittersweet. Buddy's one elite skill also happens to be an invaluable one. He *should* be getting more love on the trade market than he apparently is. Every new indication that the Kings neither need nor want him only drives down his trade value.
  2. If he's to stay, I'm somewhat intrigued to see what he can do from the 3-spot. His on-ball defense probably WOULD be better there. With some trepidation, I'd rather keep Buddy and give him an offensive role that plays to his strengths than dump him at all costs. A second unit of Mitchell, Davis, Buddy, Bags/Metu, and Len (starters: Fox, Hali, Barnes, Harkless, Holmes) could be absolutely outstanding.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
True, AND....
  1. That's bittersweet. Buddy's one elite skill also happens to be an invaluable one. He *should* be getting more love on the trade market than he apparently is. Every new indication that the Kings neither need nor want him only drives down his trade value.
  2. If he's to stay, I'm somewhat intrigued to see what he can do from the 3-spot. His on-ball defense probably WOULD be better there. With some trepidation, I'd rather keep Buddy and give him an offensive role that plays to his strengths than dump him at all costs. A second unit of Mitchell, Davis, Buddy, Bags/Metu, and Len (starters: Fox, Hali, Barnes, Harkless, Holmes) could be absolutely outstanding.
I would have to agree about not making a bad trade. Buddy and no trade is much better than loosing talent. But I am also looking a at Louis King and thinking that a scrappy long wing that plays both ends is ultimately more valuable than a 3 and D guy who's D is not much to talk about. I am not sure how much the team looses if you put King the second unit, but of course I would want to see some real NBA game play to test the theory. Regardless King may give the Kings the insurance or even confidence that no deal is better than a bad deal for Buddy.

Last edited: