Rumor: Sergio Rodriguez + #38 pick for our #31?

I am a Sergio fan, but he hasn't shown anything in the NBA yet. For what we give up, this is a good trade. I am not sure if Sergio's lack of shine so far is due to Portland's logjam of guards, they're offensive system, a loss in confidence from not being on the Spanish team or just not having an NBA game. But for a second round pick, its worth finding out.

Great move. This team needs more player that can handle the ball. This is a good sign, i hope this is just the start of a active draft day for us.

A

AriesMar27

score.... i still want rubio but i wont freak if we dont get him now. i wanted sergio to be drafted by the kings and now we have him.

Sergio is better than his stats look. He just couldn't find any mins with the # of young players the Blazers kept piling up every year. Its a good trade.... unless the #31 player they get is a 1st rounder that falls for some reason and ends up to be a great player.

This pick is fantastic. We "give up" 7 spots in the 2nd round for a young, talented PG?!

What's not to like?

So is Beno gone? Are we still drafting a PG?

Exciting..

A

AriesMar27

im just happy that we actually made a trade and we dont have to watch portland make a billion deals again this year. though our deal was with portland ironically enough.

Who knows... Memphis giving up the #2 to the Kings along with Gasol and a player they want to get rid of for the 4 and KT?

I guess this only happens if Thabeet is available at 4, but I think Memphis might take him at 2, and just keep Gasol.. But don't be surprised if Gasol is dealt if they draft Thabeet tonight.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Other rumored deals sure make a lot more sense if this goes down. Not that they will because this seems like a pure gift and the others are pure gambles.

7:15

It looks like we need to move Harden into that 3 slot. That's the word here in the Green Room at least. It's really interesting to look around the tables and see who knows where they are going and who doesn't.

Maybe we are getting Rubio!

I'll admit I have never been a big Sergio fan, but this is a fantastic trade. Move back 7 spots and get a look at a 23 year old true PG. I'm thrilled. I think this may also signal that Petrie is looking at Heyvelt in the 2nd round. We worked him out several times and he is project to go after 38. If Petrie really wanted Calethes, Mills, or Carroll we probably would not have traded back.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
7:40

Rubio's camp doesn't think they are going 3, and Harden's camp has no idea either. Sam Presti does an amazing job at keeping everyone in the dark. This draft seemed a lot more clear 40 minutes ago when Rubio was going 3rd. Everyone in the Green Room is scrambling to figure out what is going on.

Big surprise: Blake Griffin went 1st .

nobody has mentioned it so far, but how will it affect out salary cap? we project the kings will have around 7mil cap room this summer, but it will be less than that with the addition of Rodriguez.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If anything, I suspect it will mean we don't make a qualifying offer to McCants. Since they're both on initial rookie contracts, I don't think there will be that much impact on our cap room.

If anything, I suspect it will mean we don't make a qualifying offer to McCants. Since they're both on initial rookie contracts, I don't think there will be that much impact on our cap room.

since u have mentioned McCants, i guess it's time to say goodbye to him with Evans and Rodriguez coming to town