Ronald Threesley and the Beam Team

I mean, the Huerter trade has to be one of the most lopsided in recent memory right? Who trades a young, above average starter locked into a 4 year deal for a protected FRP? Just a ridiculous steal from Monte
Its not like the time we traded for an all-star center and were mocked vociferously for it, but a pretty bad trade nonetheless. :D

I know I wanted to re-sign DDV but once we made the move for Huerter I was totally ok with moving on. Were there really folks after the fact that didn't like this move?
I was captain of the DDV fanclub,but the plan made sense once the Huerter trade went through. I thought they were more or less the same tier of player, but Huerter has taken an insane leap, while DDV struggles to stay healthy and catch on the rotation.

I was captain of the DDV fanclub,but the plan made sense once the Huerter trade went through. I thought they were more or less the same tier of player, but Huerter has taken an insane leap, while DDV struggles to stay healthy and catch on the rotation.
I do miss DDV's defense. I hope we can trade Holmes for another defensive wing who can play rotational minutes. I don't know how our defense is THIS bad. While I love the current squad, it's competing for the worst defensive team we've had since 05 lol

It may yet bite him in the rear, but Monte seems to take no crap from agents playing games. DDV's agent was playing games acting like the Kings were damaging his stock despite all indications being DDV was a guy Monte believed in. So he moved on and DDV took a low offer to play for a spiraling GS club and he isn't even getting featured.

I think it's also noteworthy that Monk's agent was the same guy that rep'd MBIII (if I got that wrong, I know for certain we signed a FA this summer that did rep Bagels). So despite playing some hardball he's still a guy agents are willing to work with.

I do miss DDV's defense. I hope we can trade Holmes for another defensive wing who can play rotational minutes. I don't know how our defense is THIS bad. While I love the current squad, it's competing for the worst defensive team we've had since 05 lol
Is it though? I know in terms of raw PPG we're giving up a lot, but what about per 100 possessions? I know we don't give up many transition buckets. And teams just seem to catch fire and shoot above the expected rate for some reason - contest or no contest, we watched a completely trapped Bojan fire up a desperation 3 that was all net.

I'm not sure about that. They certainly aren't anywhere good, but for the "kings", they've shown far more promise on defense than they've had in a long time. Been Ike 25th-27th in Def Rtg all season.

Like even tonight, they were as bad as they've been all year on D the first 3 quarters and played excellent in the 4th, especially in crunch time. That's been the case most of our games. We see flashes of elite D, but haven't yet put a full defensive game together

Is it though? I know in terms of raw PPG we're giving up a lot, but what about per 100 possessions? I know we don't give up many transition buckets. And teams just seem to catch fire and shoot above the expected rate for some reason - contest or no contest, we watched a completely trapped Bojan fire up a desperation 3 that was all net.
I'm not sure about that. They certainly aren't anywhere good, but for the "kings", they've shown far more promise on defense than they've had in a long time. Been Ike 25th-27th in Def Rtg all season.

Like even tonight, they were as bad as they've been all year on D the first 3 quarters and played excellent in the 4th, especially in crunch time. That's been the case most of our games. We see flashes of elite D, but haven't yet put a full defensive game together
Just to cherry pick some of our bad defensive numbers compared to the rest of the league:

• 27th in DEF RTG
  • 21st in steals
  • 30th in blks
  • 29th in FG%
  • 26th in 3pt%
  • 26th in PPG
In our defense, we're a good rebounding team and limit few fast break points. But the half-court defense is a very big problem.

Just to cherry pick some of our bad defensive numbers compared to the rest of the league:

• 27th in DEF RTG
  • 21st in steals
  • 30th in blks
  • 29th in FG%
  • 26th in 3pt%
  • 26th in PPG
In our defense, we're a good rebounding team and limit very few fast break points. But the half-court defense is a very big problem.
Yeah it's bad, no doubt. But I'm thinking Moreso along the lines of our team a few years back when we literally had the worst DEF Rtg of all time. So in that sense 25th-26th is an improvement

• 27th in DEF RTG
  • 21st in steals
  • 30th in blks
  • 29th in FG%
  • 26th in 3pt%
  • 26th in PPG
In our defense, we're a good rebounding team and limit few fast break points. But the half-court defense is a very big problem.
but cherry picking the FG% - I know it has been a few weeks and there is more data but early on we were seeing that Kings were contesting more baskets (esp 3s) than any team in the league by a wide amount, but the uncontested shots were falling 15% higher than the next team on the chart. I mean that's just bad luck or scheduling vs. the best shooting teams.

Blocks isn't surprising and if there is one thing I'd love to trade Holmes for it is bonafide rim protection.

• 27th in DEF RTG
  • 21st in steals
  • 30th in blks
  • 29th in FG%
  • 26th in 3pt%
  • 26th in PPG
While a team that starts Sabonis at center will likely never be great defensively, we're only 15 games into Mike Brown's first season. If he can just get this team to be middle of the pack defensively while being this explosive offensively, this can be a very good Kings team.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
to nitpick here, allowing that many points to the Pistons is troublesome despite the win without their best player. Letting the likes of Joseph, Burks and Knox get double figures is alarming and continuing to wait until the fourth quarter to turn up a switch will only work so many times.