ron artest trade for peja

S

SaCKiNgS24

ok, then I'll judge him based on all the other issues.
this is whats wrong with the world today. people judge others by the way they dress/look or what other people have told them about that person. they never give them a chance!

SaCKiNgS24 said:
this is whats wrong with the world today. people judge others by the way they dress/look or what other people have told them about that person. they never give them a chance!
Actions.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SaCKiNgS24 said:
lets not judge people if we never met them b4! if someone comes to your job and throws a beer on you while you are trying to calm down from a previous argument are you gonna remain professional or take action? the fan crossed the line therefore it caused artest to cross that same line and jump in the stands and start throwing haymakers! am i saying he was right for it? NO. all im saying is he had a reason to do what he did!
If that was his sole indiscretion, then maybe you'd have a point. But it wasn't.

And to say you can't judge people before you've met them is just irrelevant on a sports board. Most of us have never met an NBA professional, except perhaps at an autograph signing or during a shoot-around, etc.

We aren't talking about Ron Artest the private person. We're talking about Ron Artest, the NBA player who seems to have real and escalating anger management issues. You can defend Artest all you want. If you like, you can go back in the archives on this board and find a FEW people who agree with you. But not many.

Ron Artest is a loose cannon. All the talent in the world won't change that.

Artest can't 'show up' for the play offs, he's suspended. Didn't his suspension include the play offs? His recent numbers 0-0-0-0-0, certainly far inferior to even a Peja who didn't show up. Why would we even think of that deal right now?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kingsgurl said:
Artest can't 'show up' for the play offs, he's suspended. Didn't his suspension include the play offs? His recent numbers 0-0-0-0-0, certainly far inferior to even a Peja who didn't show up. Why would we even think of that deal right now?
We wouldn't. Well, unless of course the NBA reinstates him + there was some thought they might be thinking of doing so since they recently let him start practicing with the team again.

Still think that it was always too big of a risk, and of course would be even moreso now. We could trade Peja, but you can't trade a guy as good as Peja and risk the guy you are getting back going off the deep end, quitting basketball, getting suspended for year, whatever. You need to make sure you get back someone you can depend on if you're going to trade a star.

SaCKiNgS24 said:
lets not judge people if we never met them b4! if someone comes to your job and throws a beer on you while you are trying to calm down from a previous argument are you gonna remain professional or take action? the fan crossed the line therefore it caused artest to cross that same line and jump in the stands and start throwing haymakers! am i saying he was right for it? NO. all im saying is he had a reason to do what he did!
So if someone throws a beer at you at work, and your'e not sure where it came from, it's ok to just start indescriminately start beating down whoever you see first? Cuz thats what he did. He beat up the wrong guy! Not to mention like I already pointed out he disappears in the playoffs too.

SaCKiNgS24 said:
Like VF said, that wasnt the only time Artest lost it. He lead the league in techs 2 or so years ago, if Im not mistaken. I wouldnt want that kind of player on my team, no matter how good he is.

Hes a thug. And not the smart kind.

well thank you 4 not ****ting on me Kings fans...

since our season is virtually lost unless hey unsuspend Artest, im actually pulling 4 the kings to tAke the title this year...best overall team in my opinion,,and san antonio

S

SaCKiNgS24

................................?

KP said:
So if someone throws a beer at you at work, and your'e not sure where it came from, it's ok to just start indescriminately start beating down whoever you see first? Cuz thats what he did. He beat up the wrong guy! Not to mention like I already pointed out he disappears in the playoffs too.
SaCKiNgS24 said:
am i saying he was right for it? NO.

...............?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SaCKiNgS24 said:
...............?
This was totally hashed out for most of us at the time of the incident. You might want to check the NBA forum, back around Nov. 21 and later.

Here are a couple:

http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=1149&highlight=Suspension

http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=1159&highlight=Suspension

http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=1118&highlight=Suspension

http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=1138&highlight=Suspension

Last edited: