Rise Guys this morning?

Apparently there was a discussion on the Rise Guys show 1140am regarding Comcast(Kings programming) and DirectTV/Dish this morning.

Did anyone hear the show? If so, what was said?

G_M said:
Apparently there was a discussion on the Rise Guys show 1140am regarding Comcast(Kings programming) and DirectTV/Dish this morning.

Did anyone hear the show? If so, what was said?
Same Story as always. They talked with J. Dulac from the Bee and he told everyone to sit tight and wait it out. No news yet but he thinks something will get done and no one will be left out in the cold.

With basic cable do you get the Kings station?

I have been wanting to know this for a while, but have not seen any answers to this. thanks!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gary said:

I have been wanting to know this for a while, but have not seen any answers to this. thanks!
Gary, that avatar is making me think of you in awhole new light. ;)

Gary said:

You need to have the standard service to get the Kings games. And the good thing is that they are having a promotional offer going on right now. So its 19.99 per month for 3 months.

Bricklayer said:
Gary, that avatar is making me think of you in awhole new light. ;)
HEY, I influence my old school call center buddy to get an avatar, and then he gets props from the mods? Where's the love for me? Penguins are awesome, especially ones that I've personally taught to use a laptop. ;)

Anyhow, I pay $44.00 a month for channels 2-69, including the Kings channel (Which has been channels 2 and 8 in Chico) and the cable internet service. I don't have a cable box, its not needed because the TV's are all cable ready. You should be able to get the basic cable service really, really cheap.

what a coincedence, i just emailed mr. dulac last night asking him if he had heard anything yet.....

i pick up and call comcast every day, and change my appointment time lol, i push it back....

i am trying to give dish as much time as possible, cuz i REALLY dont want to separate with my DVR

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I am not sure if the packaging differs in the Sac area, but here in Fresno you do NOT get the new Comcast sports chanel that has the kings games or ESPN with basic cabel, you have to have standard cabel which is $45 a month.

Last edited:
As far as how it relates to satellite service, Comcast & the local satellite providers are "in talks" about the satellite providers making the channel available to their subscribers, but there is no decision as of yet. (at least none that I know of)