Rise Guys leaving KHTK and other changes!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...geronimo-moves-to-mornings-at-khtk-sacramento-

In a shuffle at two sports stations in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, DON GERONIMO is moving to mornings at CBS RADIO Sports KHTK-A/SACRAMENTO to fill the gap left as "THE RISE GUYS" head to ENTERCOM Sports KBWF (SPORTSRADIO 95.7FM )/SAN FRANCISCO to take over the new FM sports talker's morning show.

GERONIMO, who has been hosting middays noon-4p (PT) for the past year and added PD duties in MAY, told listeners TODAY (7/8) that he will replace "THE RISE GUYS" -- WHITEY GLEASON, MARK KREIDLER, and MARK "THE PHANTOM" LOWE -- in morning drive 5:30-10a starting MONDAY (7/11), as the RISE GUYS, or at least two of them, move to SPORTSRADIO 95.7FM as that station's new morning show, starting AUGUST 1st.

At KBWF, GLEASON and KREIDLER (but not PHANTOM) will be joined by new "RISE GUY" DAN DIBLEY, who recently signed up with the station. "BAY AREA sports fans now have a choice in the mornings," said PD JASON BARRETT. "The RISE GUYS are a proven duo who has delivered great ratings and real results for clients. Teaming them with DAN DIBLEY, we've hired a great, local team with strong BAY AREA roots. Our morning show will be the best combination of sports conversation, strong opinions and lifestyle entertainment."

At KHTK, GERONIMO's producer and sidekick CARMICHAEL DAVE will take over noon-3p (while continuing to work alongside GERONIMO in morning drive), with afternoon host and SACRAMENTO KINGS voice GRANT NAPEAR will add an hour to start at 3p.
Oh, man. This stinks. I liked the Rise Guys. DG is so stupid I can't stand it. Grant will be the only show worth listening to there, and then only because of his Kings coverage.

Completely agree. Prefer not to listen (and don't) to the DG 3rd grade stuff. Rise guys were solid.
DITTO! How embarrassing that a 50 year old man, this complete fool Geronimo performs like a snot-nose little teenage (or younger boy) on-air. One can only hope that Carmichael Dave who is now getting a show reprise following DG every weekday on KHTK will at least show some semi-intelligence and maturity. Grow up Dave, act like a REAL MAN - you're now in your mid-30s and don't have to keep going like a damn silly clown all the time.

Mark Kreidler was cool, but I don't know if it's whitey or phantom that would always play stupid, or take the devils advocate position against Kreidler when Kreidler clearly knew what he was talking about......idunno. It was annoying.

The show just sucked in my opinion. Suprised, but not saddened. Don Geronimo is also an idiot.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I get KHTK loud and clear down here in the east bay. Just as clear a signal as KNBR. But, I'll be listening a lot less. KHTK has gone downhill faster than a sumo wrestler chasing his next meal.

K

king07

no reason for me to tune into khtk now, Don's show in Sac has been a huge disappointment for me. Grant Napear might be the best show left on KHTK now. :eek:

Well, I won't be listening to KHTK on my morning commute anymore.
Same here. What a shame. I really can't stand Don Geronimo... worst radio show in the history of radio shows. Very disappointed.

I've been listening to the KNBR morning show since. It's not so bad, but it also isn't the Rise Guys. I'm really sad about this!