RIP Pete Carril

Well dang. Very sad to hear. Hoping this year might change it but he is still the only "great assistant" coach we've had in my mind. Such a big part of the golden era of Sacramento Kings basketball, and a live well lived/coached. RIP Coachie.

RIP Coach Pete Carril.

I had the privelege of watching his teams for 4 years of college. Freshman year, Geoff Petrie was the captain of the team. That's why I'm a lifelong basketball fan. I saw how effective team play can overcome individual talent. I'll never forget the night we beat #2 North Carolina, who had 3 future NBA players, by 15.

There was a bar down below campus where Coach Carril hung out. I've heard stories of people who got the opportunity to hang out with him. Now, of course, I wish I'd taken advantage of the opportunity.

Farewell to a great man.

RIP Coach Pete Carril.

I had the privelege of watching his teams for 4 years of college. Freshman year, Geoff Petrie was the captain of the team. That's why I'm a lifelong basketball fan. I saw how effective team play can overcome individual talent. I'll never forget the night we beat #2 North Carolina, who had 3 future NBA players, by 15.

There was a bar down below campus where Coach Carril hung out. I've heard stories of people who got the opportunity to hang out with him. Now, of course, I wish I'd taken advantage of the opportunity.

Farewell to a great man.
I talked with him for about a half hour at one of the Kings events. RIP coachie.