Ringer article on our Guy.

Yelp read that this morning and found it a interesting article and found a few things I had no idea on.
Like he doesn’t get his first check for awhile. Not sure what he signed his two way for as in the article it just gave a wide range. I know a lot of it depends on spending time with the big club.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/24/20708142/kyle-guy-nba-sacramento-kings-virginia-cavaliers

I like that he speaks openly about his anxiety and plans to use his platform to address mental health.
Kyle Guy seems like a quality person. Even though he is a bit on the small side, I am surprised he had such few NBA suitors. He has an elite NBA skill in his 3 point shooting and he has decent handles and is a scrappy defender.

I'm rooting for him to pan out for the Kings. I think at the very least, he will be a 3rd point guard in the league. Eventually, if he gets stronger and tightens his handles, I think he can become a solid back up point guard.

Good article. I read another article not long ago about his panic attacks and his fight back from rock bottom. It'll be an even better story when he truly makes it in the NBA.
I feel good about James and Guy. If Guy can develop some playmaking and defensive skills in the G League, he might just become more than an undersized shooter.

Last edited:
Good article. I read another not long ago article about his panic attacks and his fight back from rock bottom. It'll be an even better story when he truly makes it in the NBA.
I feel good about James and Guy. If Guy can develop some playmaking and defensive skills in the G League, he might just become more than an undersized shooter.
I'm very happy we are utilizing the G league and the two ways since Vlade took over. It feels like we are seeing the early years of a we'll run organization.

I haven't been able to watch much of summer league this year but am glad to hear that our picks sound promising.

When does preseason start ?!

I'm very happy we are utilizing the G league and the two ways since Vlade took over. It feels like we are seeing the early years of a we'll run organization.

I haven't been able to watch much of summer league this year but am glad to hear that our picks sound promising.

When does preseason start ?!
Training camps start in late September.

Not bad for a game of basketball. - doing something you like to do anyway, but yeah there's alot of injury risk. Course I wouldn't play basketball now (at my age) - when younger, pickup basketball was the king of injuries for me and that included organized US football and soccer. I had more sprained ankles or fingers in pick-up basketball than all injuries combined in the other 2 sports and played soccer for 10 years and football 2. Its the undercutting on hardwood or asphalt in basketball. The severity of injury in football can be worse on the whole, but for sheer number of injuries - basketball. numero uno.