Report: Wade's father says son will 'definitely' play in Game 7

Report: Wade's father says son will 'definitely' play in Game 7June 6, 2005

AP - Jun 4, 8:07 pm EDT
More PhotosMIAMI (AP) -- The father of Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade said his injured son will play in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, according to a published report.

``Even if he's only 30 percent, he will contribute,'' Dwyane Wade Sr. told The Palm Beach Post for its Monday editions. ``My word on it. He will play.''

Wade missed Game 6 of the series on Saturday night because of a strained rib muscle suffered in Miami's Game 5 victory. Without their leading scorer, the Heat lost Game 6 to the Pistons, 91-66 -- the lowest scoring total in franchise history.

Wade tried to warm up before that game, but team medical personnel ruled him out for the contest. The injury not only causes sharp pain in Wade's side, but limits his lateral mobility. He received treatment from trainers on Sunday, team officials said. The Heat has listed Wade as a game-time decision for Monday's contest. ``He definitely will be in Game 7,'' Wade Sr. told the newspaper. ``I'm positive. That's my son. Shouldn't I know?''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-wade&prov=ap&type=lgns

F

Fillmoe

tell us something we didnt know already.... wade said before game 6 that if it went to 7 he would play no matter what........

i think wade will play as much as he can, even if hes hurting. He's not just going to sit on the bench and watch his team play a game seven. or at least i dont think he will do that....

T

thesanityannex

wade will be ineffective and try too hard to produce. should be an interesting game.

thesanityannex said:
wade will be ineffective and try too hard to produce. should be an interesting game.
You are talking like the thousands that thought MJ couldnt come off of his death-bed and win the game for the Bulls against the Jazz. Ive been hearing a lot about it on the radio and tv about how Wade could really do something special tonight.

I agree that he will be ineffective but Im leaving the possibility open that he may do something amazing tonight.

T

thesanityannex

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
You are talking like the thousands that thought MJ couldnt come off of his death-bed and win the game for the Bulls against the Jazz. Ive been hearing a lot about it on the radio and tv about how Wade could really do something special tonight.

I agree that he will be ineffective but Im leaving the possibility open that he may do something amazing tonight.
So you disagree with me, then you agree with me. What can he do special, reinjure his ribs???

thesanityannex said:
So you disagree with me, then you agree with me. What can he do special, reinjure his ribs???
I never said I disagreed with you. I just said dont be so sure that Wade will be ineffective. I guess you havent seen or read much about what MJ did in the Jazz series. If you have then you would know how sick he was and it was unthinkable that he would play; but he did and won the game for them. Thats what I mean by something special. Im assuming you are being sarcastic (like always) when you say reinjuring his ribs would be special.

T

thesanityannex

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
You are talking like the thousands that thought MJ couldnt come off of his death-bed and win the game for the Bulls against the Jazz. .
I thought this was a statement of disagreement. Guess not. And yes, I was being sarcastic as always, but I just don't think he will be his normal "Flash" self, and that sucks. And MJ was sick, thats a little different than being injured. Sometimes being sick can clear a player's mind. I believe it was David Toms (pga tour) who had come down with a stomach virus the day before his final round and shot a lights out 62 on Sunday. He said he played so well because all he could think about was how bad he needed to make a bowel movement. Anyways, I don't even remember what MJ was sick with.