R.I.P. My Beloved PJ

My cat PJ was having difficulty all night, with very frequent unproductive trips to the litter box. He couldn't settle down, and was crying a lot. This morning, I had my husband take him to the vet, and was told he has a major blockage of his urinary tract. I don't have the financial means to treat this, nor is there any guarantee he would recover, so we did what must be done.

PJ has gone to the Rainbows Bridge - there he will wait for us until we meet him again.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

awwww. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Just reading your post and the poem made me think about my cat who I had put down a month ago. She had nerve damage in her left hind leg and couldn't walk. It hurt so much to let her go so I know how you feel.

*tear* and a *hug*

i hate it when pets die. this summer my fat cat just disappeared. he just stopped coming to eat, and we never saw him again. i bet your kitty is playing with my fat cat scotia in rainbow bridge

oh gawd, now i am crying...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I am so sorry Arwen! Loosing a pet is awfull. My 14 yesr old cat Ziggy is sick right now her self. so I was espcialy moved to hear of your loss.

I thank you all for your words of kindness and solace. You've all been supportive.

Gargy, yes I plan to adopt again, but I'm going to wait a month or two until the weather is warmer, so I can isolate the kittens (yes, it will be two) on my screened porch for a while. I still have Esmeralda, but she's 6, and does not tolerate new kittens (as I learned last year), so I have to be careful going about this. Hopefully a pair of siblings will turn to each other for play, and leave Esmers alone. I'll let everyone know when I find them - we may try to contact the woman who brought me PJ and see if she has more kittens in need of a home.

Thanks again everyone - you folks truly are my cyber-family.