Question for the ladies...

Lets just say that if I was stranded on a desert island and he was the only other person I wouldn't...oh never mind....

New rookie this year. Drafted pretty high from what I remember. I saw him play at the Rocky Mountain Review and other than being tall he doesn't look ready for the NBA at all.

Gargamel said:
How would you rank rookie Robert Swift on a scale of 1-10?

Does he remind you of anyone in particular?
A bit Timothy McVeigh like, although I wouldn't have come up with the name without help. Honestly? This picture is not flattering although I couldn't google up much better! :)

The "best" I could come up with is this one:

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/HS_Basketball/35553_Swift.JPG
But google only gave me a choice of five pictures and none were the one you chose so......being the lenient female type that I am (we DO give points for good personality, good heart, intelligence, wittiness, kindness, and such...except for the most mercenary amongst us who only look at the dollar signs). I would give the guy a 4.5 which I would rate as "average" to "slightly below" average. He's not horrifying, he looks like the kind of guy you wouldn't do a second take on unless your best friend told you that he saved puppies in his spare time (after he got done building houses with Habitat For Humanity). My guess is that if the guy wasn't 7 feet tall he wouldn't draw your attention at all.

He's not Lurch or the Elephant Man by any stretch of the imagination but he wouldn't make much of an impression either in a 'walk by'. So...average. Unless he has a killer smile or a wonderful sense of humor! :D

KK!

P.S. So, Gargy? Who does he remind YOU of? :)

Last edited:
kingskings! said:
A bit Timothy McVeigh like, although I wouldn't have come up with the name without help.

P.S. So, Gargy? Who does he remind YOU of? :)
Freddy all the way. I asked the question to see if it was obvious to anyone else.

As far as who looks better between Swift and McVeigh, I can't comment. I would be in the tough position of saying something positive about McVeigh. You rarely see a kid Swift's age who looks so hardened.

bdouble013 said:
New rookie this year. Drafted pretty high from what I remember. I saw him play at the Rocky Mountain Review and other than being tall he doesn't look ready for the NBA at all.
Jay Bilas at the Draft claimed that if he went to school for a year or two, he'd be the #1 pick when he got out. No joke. I've only seen the 10 sec mix of him from the Draft, but nothing in those 10 secs screamed #1 pick.

O

oldwitch

I saw 2 people right away.

1. Shawn Bradleys ugly little brother
2. the little boy from that show "Picket Fences"

Gargamel said:
Freddy all the way. I asked the question to see if it was obvious to anyone else.

As far as who looks better between Swift and McVeigh, I can't comment. I would be in the tough position of saying something positive about McVeigh. You rarely see a kid Swift's age who looks so hardened.
Not being a huge fan of horror movies, I did miss the "resemblance"...ummm, that won't happen again...:D

Hopefully the poor kid will get an agent soon who'll make sure some better images of him appear on the Internet!

But, I stand by my original statement: without being 7' tall, you wouldn't glance twice at him on the street (unless you are a huge Freddy Krueger fan!). To me the guy looks more like those depression era photos of Appalachian miners or dust bowl migrants out of the midwest....like he's too thin or something. You're definitely right that his features are "hard"...so maybe what I'm seeing as thin-ness is really more of that kind of deprivation or something. Wow...I can't really say "thanks" for that image though! :)

KK!