Question for long time STH

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
The reason I'm asking isn't exactly basketball related but I'm genuinely curious: At any point of the Golden Years did the Kings threaten to withhold your opportunity to purchase playoff tickets if you hadn't renewed for the next season?

Was never in that position and realistically, I doubt anyone was not renewing back then since there was a waiting list. The renewal period started in like March or April back then too. It was a more recent trend to make season tickets a monthly year round payment.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
Was never in that position and realistically, I doubt anyone was not renewing back then since there was a waiting list. The renewal period started in like March or April back then too. It was a more recent trend to make season tickets a monthly year round payment.
I didn't know if post-Webber things ever reached that point with the Maloofs and the fans that folks were checking out or not.

My mom had given up her 1/3rd share to our seats the year before it all began :rolleyes:

The reason I'm asking isn't exactly basketball related but I'm genuinely curious: At any point of the Golden Years did the Kings threaten to withhold your opportunity to purchase playoff tickets if you hadn't renewed for the next season?
I just looked it up on the web site. seems that playoff tix are promised with season ticket membership not contingent on renewal, but teams change terms all the time so I guess one can't be sure. 781B7F47-0CBD-4E14-9E0E-06A302D812C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @John Galt. So anyhow. MLS Cup was today. I've been a STH since Timbers started in MLS, plenty of lip service about "Axe Society" but when the final tickets went on sale they prioritized renewals rather than longevity. There is an open sexual abuse scandal in the club and the COVID protocols also had many people angry, as well as the feeling since the league partnered with Seat Geek in 2018 (also after a stadium expansion), the market has been flooded with rock bottom ticket prices and resale is dead.

I went, I had to pay double face value because I was in priority 2 ticket and they enacted "dynamic pricing". The whole experience was sterile and so most likely I am done.