Postgame Quotes-vs. Toronto

kings.com

Postgame Quotes-vs. Toronto 11/10/04

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“Obviously it was good to get home. We shot the ball so much better tonight. We were hoping that when we got home we could have a little bit more of a flow offensively. We were disappointed at the end of the second quarter when we turned it over three or four times and went from fourteen down to seven, but overall it was a good effort and one we had to have before we go on the road again.”

“We turned it over a lot at the end, but we turned it over because we wanted to make great plays we didn’t have to do that. I was concerned about the offense because even last year our field goal percentage against us wasn’t great - it was 45% - but we were so good offensively that our margin was always good enough. The way we were playing offensively, the way we were shooting, the way we were passing the ball, it gave us very little margin of error to win games. So it was good to see us get 31 assists tonight, and two guys got 11, but we still turned it over too many times.”

Kings Forward Peja Stojakovic
“I thought we played with a lot of energy, and regained the flow of the game, and it was a good effort, a good game for us, so now it’s important for us to get one on the road.”

"Tonight was something else, we approached it with a lot of aggresion on the defensive end, moved the ball on offense, especially in the first quarter, we got off to an early lead, and we just played well for 48 minutes. And finally we made some in the beginning. But I think our offense will come as long as we have a lot of energy and we get some easy buckets on the break, and just have a lot of movement, that’s our style.”

“It’s really important to be focused for 48 minutes, knowing what you are doing out there and trying to make it tough for them, and that’s what we did.”

Kings Forward Chris Webber
“I think we’re getting the ball to people when they need it and our energy and just playing loose together, I think all that has something to do with it, but we saw a lot of that in our last game against Houston, we just couldn’t finish it off, so we kind of knew it was coming."

“How we were losing was what put a bad taste in our mouth, we knew we had a three game road trip, we could have come off that trip very upset that we lost but not mad at ourselves because two of the three games we didn’t give ourselves a chance, so tonight we felt good I knew the guys would be energized coming home and we just wanted to make the best of it and it’s good to beat an undefeated team to kind of show that you’re still here. Hopefully we have an encore performance tomorrow night.”

On his knee:
“It’s good. I’m going to go on the plane and ice it tonight, and see it in the morning. Yesterday it was really sore, I didn’t know what today was gonna be like, so I’m happy with today.”

“The things I can’t do, it’s because of a pain. I haven’t had it make me miss a game, but yesterday it was sore, but I iced it and the rest always make it feel better. I’m glad we have a coach that understands the body. I feel a big progression from the first game. The second half I went up for a dunk and I felt like I got fouled, and hit the backboard with my hand, but I actually jumped off one leg, and turned around and did some things and and I felt it, but at the same time I know that it’s stronger and a lot of things we do in rehap are only eccentuated or made better by playing and some of the things I tried in China, I can do now so I’m happy. It’s going to get better as the season progresses.”

“I definitely want the ball in my hands, I feel like you can be an option that way, and also the more you pass, the more chances you’re going to get for an open shot so I do feel like that’s part of my job, Mike and I were talking about it, distributing the ball, especially the way our plays are called, most of the time, high on the free throw line, so you have to make use of being up there, or you’re not going to be productive.”

Toronto Raptors

Head Coach Sam Mitchell
“We just took bad shots and didn’t pass the ball to each other. Passing is our strength and when the people were open we didn’t deliver the ball.”

“The way we move the ball on our offense we get good looks at the basket. Tonight we didn’t get good looks because we just came down one pass shot and two pass shot and we never got to run anything.”

“It’s not just that we lost the game it’s how we played. This is just the first night we didn’t came out and pass anything, it was like we were strangers on the court.”

“They played well, they played defense, they passed the ball and they moved it on us.”

Jalen Rose
“It was this teams home opener and we knew it was going to be a tough game. The key was to try to come in and get a good start and we didn’t do that, from there their confidence just grew and they did what thet planned on doing.”

“Anytime you got big men like Brad Miller and Chris Webber that are going to knock down the open jumper and find the open man, like I said, that’s the toughest combination of big men in the league.”

Loren Woods
“I think we learned a lesson tonight, we have to press the offense, keep moving the ball and just run. We have to keep doing those things that we’ve been doing to win those first three games. We kind of paniced when they got off to that quick run.”

“We just lost our aggressiveness pretty much, but if we continue to run we can get lay-ups out of the fast break so we don’t have to worry.”

“We played the way they wanted us to play”