Post-game (loss) musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here on my phone looking at this roster and it's so, so... MEH. It looks like a bunch of pieces to a puzzle that isn't the same puzzle. Like someone earlier mentioned, this season needs to end and be banished from my memory.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here on my phone looking at this roster and it's so, so... MEH. It looks like a bunch of pieces to a puzzle that isn't the same puzzle. Like some earlier mentioned, this season needs to end and be banished from my memory.
I can understand that, but then the question is, what will be so different next season?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm sitting here on my phone looking at this roster and it's so, so... MEH. It looks like a bunch of pieces to a puzzle that isn't the same puzzle. Like someone earlier mentioned, this season needs to end and be banished from my memory.
Don’t worry. They’ll get healthy, gel, and then be the 50 win team everyone projected! <3

dude12

Hall of Famer
Better hope for the year 2 bump in Walton’s regime like Joerger had once they decided to trade Boogie and start over. I’m not a big believer in Walton right now but not having a healthy Fox, Bagley and Holmes for large chunks of the season has not helped.

Nothing will change. We will get the 7th or 8th pick in what I believe is a pretty weak draft.

We'll probably trade down to pick up some mid level non difference maker like kuzma or something.

I still think we will be in the convo for k.love. it will be vlades last roll of the dice.

New coach + year-round key injuries = bad season.
According to this list on Spotrac, we have missed 86 games due to injuries, which puts us only at the 20th place in games missed.
Teams like the Blazers, Raptos, Pelicans, Rockets, Pacers and Nets were hit harder.

It is a convenient excuse, but not really compelling, IMO.

Also, other teams with first year coaches have managed just fine. Just looking at this season, Taylor Jenkins looks good so far in Memphis.

According to this list on Spotrac, we have missed 86 games due to injuries, which puts us only at the 20th place in games missed.
Teams like the Blazers, Raptos, Pelicans, Rockets, Pacers and Nets were hit harder.

Also, other teams with first year coaches have managed just fine. Just looking at this season, Taylor Jenkins looks good so far in Memphis.
The injuries allowed the team to actually be competitive for 20 games of the season.

Do all of those teams also have a new coach? I get your frustration, but you just named off almost all playoff teams that have had zero coaching changes.

There is really no reason to think that the Kings are going to get much better in the next few seasons.
They have made plenty of poor draft choices and trading for name players in Sacto is difficult.
It would be great if some day they can become a .500 team.

Do all of those teams also have a new coach? I get your frustration, but you just named off almost all playoff teams that have had zero coaching changes.
A coaching change should not have such a big impact.
And if it is, why the heck did the FO decide to make such a change, when we seemed to go into the right direction?
This season is looking more and more like a complete waste, and as that link shows, injuries don't look as a valid excuse. Every team has to deal with injuries.
The coaching change shouldn't be an excuse either, in my view.

A coaching change should not have such a big impact.
And if it is, why the heck did the FO decide to make such a change, when we seemed to go into the right direction?
This season is looking more and more like a complete waste, and as that link shows, injuries don't look as a valid excuse. Every team has to deal with injuries.
The coaching change shouldn't be an excuse either, in my view.
Its the combination of both the coaching change and the injuries that I am blaming the season on, not one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.