Player of the Month: Chris Webber

This month was a long stretch of good games for Webb.

This is pretty cool, it kinda a validates what a lot of people had been saying about him. I guess people around the league are starting to notice Webb too(Not just Webber homers
).

To take a cue from another thread: would the ladies of the board like a strip tease from both of the Players of the Month? ;) 2 of the more better looking fellas in the NBA probably (slim pickings :p ) I'm a guy, so, uhh, no strip tease for me.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that...." - Seinfeld :p

good job webb! WTG!

and yay for brad, too!

go kings! keep it up! :D

**i was actually expecting webb to get POTW the week before brad (they chose Terry, instead).. good to see webb being acknowledged! :D

Bricklayer said:
Sentimentality aside: from a practical standpoint I like this because of its potential effect on Webb. December was kind of a ragged month for him. But he really brought it in January. And he was rewarded for it. And that's good stuff, because hopefully it helps him realize that if he keeps on leading, boarding, hitting clutch shots etc., he keeps getting recognition. Positive reinforcement and all that.
Yeah, I agree. Always thrilled to see any King get recognized, and was thrilled to see this news about Webb. And, Webb has been hurt by the booing and mixed reactions from fans and media, so being publicly recognized as an outstanding player is especially meaningful.

love_them_kings said:
Yeah, I agree. Always thrilled to see any King get recognized, and was thrilled to see this news about Webb. And, Webb has been hurt by the booing and mixed reactions from fans and media, so being publicly recognized as an outstanding player is especially meaningful.
So true...

LMM said:
good job webb! WTG!

and yay for brad, too!

go kings! keep it up! :D

**i was actually expecting webb to get POTW the week before brad (they chose Terry, instead).. good to see webb being acknowledged! :D
Actually I was too - like when C-Webb had that stretch with 28+ pts, 13 rebounds, and 6 assists per game. Can't complain though, I'll take POTM over POTW any day.

Did the other Player of the Month miss the game too?

Great job, Chris! Keep it up, big fella, you do still have a lot of people behind you.

Alright Webb!!! I was wondering what a brother has to do to get some damn recogniton. I thought they might overlook him due to the recent missed games. I'm glad they didn't.