Pascal Siakam

"The Kings definitely have interest," Amick said. "They would like a crack at him, but again, it's just a matter of what does that look like."
Would be interested to hear from folks familiar w/Siakam's game over the last couple years. Back in the day he had elite quickness to stay w/guards on the perimeter. Strong defender, generally. His 3-pt shooting has been all over the place, but has a midrange game. Good free throw shooter on solid volume. Nice assist numbers. His shooting % has plummeted the last couple years w/greater usage - from 55% in 2019 to 45% in each of the last two years. I know he's dealt with injuries.

Do you think the present version of Siakam would fit in as well w/our defensive makeover as his reputation suggests? Any concerns about spacing? (HB and Ty would be the only real 3-pt threats in a hypothetical starting lineup that included Fox, Siakam, and Holmes.) I imagine most of us would be happy to exchange Buddy and Bags for Siakam, but is he such a needle-mover that you'd be okay sending two future firsts too?

What's your preference? Siakam or Harris?

Last edited:
Would be interested to hear from folks familiar w/Siakam's game over the last couple years. Back in the day he had elite quickness to stay w/guards on the perimeter. Strong defender, generally. His 3-pt shooting has been all over the place, but has a midrange game. Good free throw shooter on solid volume. Nice assist numbers. His shooting % has plummeted the last couple years w/greater usage - from 55% in 2019 to 45% in each of the last two years. I know he's dealt with injuries.

Do you think the present version of Siakam would fit in as well w/our defensive makeover as his reputation suggests? Any concerns about spacing? (HB and Ty would be the only real 3-pt threats in a hypothetical starting lineup that included Fox, Siakam, and Holmes.) I imagine most of uswoould be happy to exchange Buddy and Bags for Siakam, but is the such a needle-moover that you'd be okay sending two future firsts too?

What's your preference? Siakam or Harris?
I was thinking the same thing. Siakam is younger on a cheaper crappy contract. I feel Harris is better offensively and shoots the 3 better, but honestly haven’t paid attention to siakam lately as he’s seemed to regress due to injury or whatever reason. There are pluses and minuses with both so I’d probably go with whatever takes less assets to get.

Toronto isn't really in a position to be demanding two FRPs in a Siakam trade.

They have Anunoby as a SF/PF, drafted Scottie Barnes as a PF/SF, and just traded for Precious Achiuwa who is a PF.

They have a logjam at the 4 spot and Siakam has seen a dip in his production as he's dealt with injuries. But beyond the injury issues, I think what Toronto discovered is there's a limit to Siakam's efficiency as his usage increases. He's not a lead guy, he's a complimentary player who is being paid like a franchise player.

Tobias Harris' contract is a bit of an albatross, but while Siakam is two years younger, his contract is only about $2M less on average for the next three years.

More than that, the Raptors could use the floor spacing and depth that Buddy Hield would provide since he'd likely move Gary Trent to the bench but play alongside him in smaller lineups. Bagley even gives them a bit of a Siakam replacement on a one year flyer.

But I think Toronto is going to want to wait to see how Barnes does in Summer League. If he looks promising then I think a deal for Pascal becomes more likely.

Maybe the Kings throw in a lottery protected 2023 pick but that's as far as I would go. Otherwise I'd be happy with Buddy and Bagley for Harris. He provides less defense but more outside shooting and is a better fit with Harrison Barnes since both are big wings that can slide between SF & PF whereas Siakam is really only a 4 offensively, albeit with good switchability on defense.

I got the feeling listening to Amick that Harris was not being discussed with the Kings (I thought the said it). I just looked up Harris’ shooting numbers - impressive.

Also, Siakam has destroyed the Kings seemingly every time we play them. And he is great in the open court. That Labrum injury he is working back from is pain.

Both their contracts stink - but each one would move the needle for the Kings. I’d be stoked if we could pull off a trade, including one first round pick. I’d also be OK throwing in a second, 1st rounder because I am tired of all the losing and roster imbalance.

There might be a few PFs out there that could potentially be had without having to trade Fox, Haliburton, Mitchell, Barnes, & Holmes while also upgrading the team. Pascal Siakam (27), Tobias Harris (29), Jerami Grant (27), Christian Wood (25), & Kristaps Porzingis (25) all seem like intriguing options.

1628094038847.png

1628094786731.png

Last edited:

They have Anunoby as a SF/PF, drafted Scottie Barnes as a PF/SF, and just traded for Precious Achiuwa who is a PF.

They have a logjam at the 4 spot and Siakam has seen a dip in his production as he's dealt with injuries. But beyond the injury issues, I think what Toronto discovered is there's a limit to Siakam's efficiency as his usage increases. He's not a lead guy, he's a complimentary player who is being paid like a franchise player.

Tobias Harris' contract is a bit of an albatross, but while Siakam is two years younger, his contract is only about $2M less on average for the next three years.

More than that, the Raptors could use the floor spacing and depth that Buddy Hield would provide since he'd likely move Gary Trent to the bench but play alongside him in smaller lineups. Bagley even gives them a bit of a Siakam replacement on a one year flyer.

But I think Toronto is going to want to wait to see how Barnes does in Summer League. If he looks promising then I think a deal for Pascal becomes more likely.

Maybe the Kings throw in a lottery protected 2023 pick but that's as far as I would go. Otherwise I'd be happy with Buddy and Bagley for Harris. He provides less defense but more outside shooting and is a better fit with Harrison Barnes since both are big wings that can slide between SF & PF whereas Siakam is really only a 4 offensively, albeit with good switchability on defense.
Agreed. I am fine with either, but preference is Siakam, health permitting . Unfortunately with the Kings being the Kings you have to roll the dice on guys that are more complimentary, but paid like 1’s.

Toronto just released Aaron Baynes, need a C

Toronto gets Buddy,TT,Future 1st From Kings
Atlanta Gets Wright
Boston gets Nunn,Fernando
Kings get Siakum

The kings dont need a 3rd team to make salaries really match to get a siakam deal done. Buddy (21.5M) and Bagley (11.3M) are close enough to Siakams 31.3M that the trade works. I do think the kings would need to throw more than just a FRP at the raptors to make this work given that siakam (though he had a little regression) was a strong offensive player with a well rounded game. He shot a bad 3pt percentage this year but he was off and on injured (should had been injured at least since April) and fighting with coaching staff regarding how he was being used. Frankly too much was being asked of him and and his usage was too heavy for the player he is. He is a second fiddle maybe even 3rd fiddle. He can carry the load from time to time but you aren't going to go too far with him as the primary option. He would do well on a team with Fox and Hali especially when he can share SF/PF roles with barnes. He is a great defender and I think he is an great fit at the forwad spot next to Holmes and Barnes. Between Barnes, Siakam, Mitchell, and Harkless, you have a number of good defenders.

Just my two cents but I can get behind Siakam even if it means throwing in a conditional 1st.
Also am I correct in assuming Bagley has no trade value around the league.

We all know Buddy and MBIII has to go.
Would love a Buddy & TT + conditional first for Siakam. I think that's fair.
No one is touching MBIII, he is such a bust, dump him to OKC for all I care, he's only got 1 year left on his rookie deal

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The Lakers are obviously still interested in Buddy so I wonder if a Denis Schroder sign-and-trade could be combined with a Siakam trade to get Denis to Toronto as their Kyle Lowry replacement? A Buddy+Bagley+lotto protected first round pick for Siakam would be perfect for us but I don't know if Buddy is really what Toronto is looking for going into a rebuild. Schroder and Bagley gives them a steadying vet at PG and a young scoring big to slot in next to their defensive-oriented forwards and maybe the Lakers will throw in a courtesy pick of some kind to get the shooter they obviously covet. Just a thought.

The Lakers are obviously still interested in Buddy so I wonder if a Denis Schroder sign-and-trade could be combined with a Siakam trade to get Denis to Toronto as their Kyle Lowry replacement? A Buddy+Bagley+lotto protected first round pick for Siakam would be perfect for us but I don't know if Buddy is really what Toronto is looking for going into a rebuild. Schroder and Bagley gives them a steadying vet at PG and a young scoring big to slot in next to their defensive-oriented forwards and maybe the Lakers will throw in a courtesy pick of some kind to get the shooter they obviously covet. Just a thought.
im seeing this 3 way trade a lot on twitter. i really hate to make the lakers better but it does make sense as a way to get siakam

If I may, in my view Funkykingston continues to be the most informed, analytical, and thoughtful writer on this forum...thus the most talented.

If I may, in my view Funkykingston continues to be the most informed, analytical, and thoughtful writer on this forum...thus the most talented.
He’s aight. ;)
The reason I like this site more then, ahem, “the other sites” is though we might disagree, most people here are thoughtful when responding or use facts and don’t just rely on one liners, puns, or just say stuff for likes or recs. Yeah we have trolls or hot takes but overall the good ones seem to stand out and stick around longer.

He’s aight. ;)
The reason I like this site more then, ahem, “the other sites” is though we might disagree, most people here are thoughtful when responding or use facts and don’t just rely on one liners, puns, or just say stuff for likes or recs. Yeah we have trolls or hot takes but overall the good ones seem to stand out and stick around longer.
I visit kings reddit once in a blue moon but these "other sites" hard pass.

to be fair, they all seem to hate us too.

im seeing this 3 way trade a lot on twitter. i really hate to make the lakers better but it does make sense as a way to get siakam
I think the Buddy to Lakers is dead, Lakers wont take on any more salary in a Schroeder Sign and trade deal
they have pretty much spent all of their money filling out their roster

I think a Siakam for Buddy(Bagley or TT) and a 1st the only possibility out there untill the trade deadline

Jason Anderson @JandersonSacBee
And how many games would this team win? PG: Fox, Mitchell SG: Haliburton, Davis, James, Ramsey SF: Barnes, Oubre, Harkless, Woodard PF: Siakam, Metu C: Holmes, Len, Thompson, Jones Two-way: King, Queta

How many games would this team win? PG: Fox, Mitchell SG: Haliburton, Davis, James, Ramsey SF: Barnes, Oubre, Woodard PF: Simmons, Metu C: Holmes, Thompson, Len, Jones Two-way: King, Queta

Seems Anderson is reading the KF forums?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And how many games would this team win? PG: Fox, Mitchell SG: Haliburton, Davis, James, Ramsey SF: Barnes, Oubre, Harkless, Woodard PF: Siakam, Metu C: Holmes, Len, Thompson, Jones Two-way: King, Queta

How many games would this team win? PG: Fox, Mitchell SG: Haliburton, Davis, James, Ramsey SF: Barnes, Oubre, Woodard PF: Simmons, Metu C: Holmes, Thompson, Len, Jones Two-way: King, Queta

Seems Anderson is reading the KF forums?
Give him a break, it's a really slow Kings news day.

Honestly, if the Kings cannot swing a deal for Simmons or Siakam, im game for offering Oubre an MLE to try and bring him on at SF and move Barnes to PF where he plays better anyways.

Fox/Mitchell/guy
Hali/TD/JJ
Buddy (until he gets traded) /oubre/Harkless
Barnes/Bagley (until traded)/Metu
Holmes/Len/TT (Until traded)/Jones/queta (on 2 way)