Parking at G1C?

I just checked Parking Panda. Right now, for any game on the Kings schedule, I can buy $3 or $5 parking within a reasonable walk (for me), or $11 parking in one of three garages near 8th and J. I think I will probably not worry about pre-purchasing thru the City. Seems they are not doing anything that Parking Panda can't do.

After I divvy up the games with my partners (I windup with 14-15 games) I'll probably just go on the Panda and buy all my parking at one of the lots .6 - 1.0 miles away for $3-$8

https://www.parkingpanda.com/sacramento-kings-parking

That said, on Thursday I'll get a passcode from Kings/City and will look at the $11 options and might go for it. But even if they still have room in the $25 lot I will probably... maybe...pass on it. It might not make sense for someone like me who doesn't mind walking much.

Last edited:
I went with the $25 West Premium Garage, reasoning that the egress will be superior enough to warrant the extra cost. I hope when I'm leaving a weekday night at 10:30PM I will be patting myself on the back for a good decision as I zip up I-5

I live very far from the arena and an extra 15-30 minutes of avoided gridlock after games will be worth it. If I lived closer I'd have eschewed prepaid parking alltogether.

btw it is 11:00 AM - an hour after the presale started - and all options are still there including the West Garage.

Old Sacramento garage looks like a neat option for $11.25

849 J and 801K are $10.50

1126 11th and 1000 I st are $11.25

By the way it is obvious that the City has subbed this out to Parking Panda or leased their software at least. Not a bad thing - why re-invent the whole software package right?

If anyone can't get in and is concerned about selling out - i'll grab one of these pkgs and forward it to you if you can pm me and pay me in time. the price above X 43 is the package price. As far as I can tell nothing is selling out frantically tho.

Last edited:
I went ahead and got the prepaid at $10.50 per Game at 849 J Street (Im Happy was expecting up to $15)
at corner of 8th and J vs 7th and K (I think the entrance to the plaza?)
I think 2 Blocks pretty close ( Maybe 801 K is a little closer)

I think the in/out may be better coming in on 12th and exiting on 16th
than getting near Old Sac or the I5 ramps

Im not sure what the selection will be like after all the STH are done this next week and after the single game parking is avail on 9/1

We will see what parking is avail in October

I went ahead and got the prepaid at $10.50 per Game at 849 J Street (Im Happy was expecting up to $15)
at corner of 8th and J vs 7th and K (I think the entrance to the plaza?)
I think 2 Blocks pretty close ( Maybe 801 K is a little closer)

I think the in/out may be better coming in on 12th and exiting on 16th
than getting near Old Sac or the I5 ramps

Im not sure what the selection will be like after all the STH are done this next week and after the single game parking is avail on 9/1

We will see what parking is avail in October
I'm going to let everybody in on a little secret (I have cracked the code guys). If you share it too broadly you lose the edge and they might shut this off any minute if they get wise... but... if you will pay $1 more for the $10.55 parking you can have it right now.

for that $1 you get "refundable". I can get a refund on my single game but can't get a refund on my season pass. worth a buck? maybe.

I was goofing around and discovered that my Kings prepaid parking all shows up in my Parking Panda app right now!

And so that is the back door RIGHT NOW to get individual game reservations. If you go thru SacPark it will tell you none available, but.. just go in the back door - thru parking panda direct (use a new browser session).

I have an extra reservation in my app already for the opener in the 801 K lot (bought it individually thru ParkingPanda - not SacPark) along with my 43 games in the Premium West that I bought thru the STH pre-sale.

Check it out for yourself. You can buy all the individual games you want at 849 J and and 728 J right now! along with 730 I ... and some other cheap spots further out if you don't mind walking.

I would hoard Warrior & Laker parking and scalp it back to the Bay Area bandwagoner fans... but I'm afraid there will not prove to be enough scarcity to make it pay.

But... maybe this will help somebody (if they could follow along - esp if you already are used to Parking Panda... just put "Sacramento Kings" in the Parking Panda search window and the sky will open up :) No Kings fan should want for parking next season if they are smart enough to always read my posts.

Last edited:
I got the 801 k. I like the 7 foot entrance so I can take my truck.

I thought about the West parking for $25, but that would mean cutting across L street to head south on I5. I think that will be a grid lock. I can go east on J to 16th street and take 160. That's definitely how I will be getting there.

I'm going to let everybody in on a little secret (I have cracked the code guys). If you share it too broadly you lose the edge and they might shut this off any minute if they get wise... but... if you will pay $1 more for the $10.55 parking you can have it right now.

for that $1 you get "refundable". I can get a refund on my single game but can't get a refund on my season pass. worth a buck? maybe.

I was goofing around and discovered that my Kings prepaid parking all shows up in my Parking Panda app right now!

And so that is the back door RIGHT NOW to get individual game reservations. If you go thru SacPark it will tell you none available, but.. just go in the back door - thru parking panda direct (use a new browser session).
Great tip John, I went t0 ParkingPanda
and my account is there too so I went ahead and got my same garage at 849 j for Both McCartney and Maroon at the 11.55 price

Thanks!!

Yeah I just had my season ticket draft for my main seats this afternoon - and some games I lost out on, I just now bought my individual passes at 728 J St for $11.55.

Maccabi Oct 10, Clippers Jan 6, and Cavs Jan 13. All the rest I have Premium West Lot.

I think the left hand isn't quite sure what the right hand is doing. But they are making constant adjustments. Two garages that were $10 are now $13, and they added one garage just south of L.

I think they realized they underpriced 801K and that party is over - it's $13/game now. That was a smart choice to grab it right away I think.

And thanks for reminding me to grab my Paul McCartney parking... I had completely forgotten about that!

I absolutely hate this creepy stuff -- been half-seriously tempted to buy an iron sleeve to slap around my phone so it only talks when I want it to talk. New arena = nifty, but watch out for 'innovations" in it that location tag you like a buffalo and listen to you sweet talk your bf/gf:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/l...-illegally-listens-in-on-users-031425693.html
The last line of that article is hilarious:

Team apps aren’t going to go away, and the fans that use them will just have to hope that the franchises and companies that produce them have their best interests at heart.
Yeah... right

I think this is interesting. The latest map if I use my pre-sale code. A couple new $18 lot options that were not there when I was choosing. And the $11 options near 8th & J/K are no more (that was probably the smart choice out of the gate).

The $9 lot at 13th & J is new too... at least it wasn't there when I first chose my parking.

All in all - no regrets about taking the premier west lot. And the real takeaway for me is that event parking is clearly NOT going to be a problem. Options are plentiful and not egregiously expensive.

I think this is interesting. The latest map if I use my pre-sale code. A couple new $18 lot options that were not there when I was choosing. And the $11 options near 8th & J/K are no more (that was probably the smart choice out of the gate).

The $9 lot at 13th & J is new too... at least it wasn't there when I first chose my parking.

All in all - no regrets about taking the premier west lot. And the real takeaway for me is that event parking is clearly NOT going to be a problem. Options are plentiful and not egregiously expensive.
The issue I see is the parking is paid when you leave. I have no idea how they are going to determine who pre paid and who didn't. I can see people not getting in their pre paid garage because it's full of non pre paid people. It's only going to take one dumbass who forgets their pre paid print out and holds up the line leaving.

So... I had bought two individual parking passes at 8th & K direct from Parking Panda (one for opening game and one for Paul McCartney). Today they cancelled and refunded them - but they did give me alternate parking at 7th & J. It's cool.

The extra passes (three other Kings games) I previously bought at 7th & J are still good.

If I had it to do over I would have bought the 8th & K lot from Kings for $483. It was the best deal and first to sell out.

Oh well. Wiser next year

FYI they have an open house event for season ticket holders on Sunday 9/25 from 10-2. You will have access to go inside the arena, walk around and check out your seat.

So... I had bought two individual parking passes at 8th & K direct from Parking Panda (one for opening game and one for Paul McCartney). Today they cancelled and refunded them - but they did give me alternate parking at 7th & J. It's cool.

The extra passes (three other Kings games) I previously bought at 7th & J are still good.

If I had it to do over I would have bought the 8th & K lot from Kings for $483. It was the best deal and first to sell out.

Oh well. Wiser next year
So I got an email about my 801 K street parking.

Dear Valued Customer,

Unforeseen circumstances occurred at the parking facility you selected for your season-long pre-arranged parking package. To maximize your parking experience, we have relocated you to 728 J Street Sacramento, CA 95814. There is no additional charge for the upgraded location. This parking garage is conveniently located directly across the street from the facility you originally chose.

Your new parking passes are attached. Additionally, you can access your SacPark account by visiting: https://reserve.sacpark.org/login

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patronage. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us by phone at 916-264-5011.

Sincerely,

Parking Services Division
City of Sacramento

So I got an email about my 801 K street parking.

Dear Valued Customer,

Unforeseen circumstances occurred at the parking facility you selected for your season-long pre-arranged parking package. To maximize your parking experience, we have relocated you to 728 J Street Sacramento, CA 95814. There is no additional charge for the upgraded location. This parking garage is conveniently located directly across the street from the facility you originally chose.

Your new parking passes are attached. Additionally, you can access your SacPark account by visiting: https://reserve.sacpark.org/login

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patronage. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us by phone at 916-264-5011.

Sincerely,

Parking Services Division
City of Sacramento
I know another person had the same thing happen. So I wonder if they just overbooked it or have taken it off the table as one of the options alltogether?

I want to commend you Section 101 - I'd be beside myself with sarcasm and anger on this but you're setting a better example. I mean "no additional charge for the upgraded location" would set my hair on fire and I'd be ripping the Kings and the City. They have the balls to say that...

They should have comped you the difference and given you Premium West Lot since they screwed up but you didn't really want that spot anyway.

I know another person had the same thing happen. So I wonder if they just overbooked it or have taken it off the table as one of the options alltogether?

I want to commend you Section 101 - I'd be beside myself with sarcasm and anger on this but you're setting a better example. I mean "no additional charge for the upgraded location" would set my hair on fire and I'd be ripping the Kings and the City. They have the balls to say that...

They should have comped you the difference and given you Premium West Lot since they screwed up but you didn't really want that spot anyway.
oh, I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. One of the reasons I picked that one in the first place was the 7' entrance. I need to check if 6'8" works for my truck.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe we can have a thread specifically for news about the opening of G1 Center and everything people will need to know to research seating, traffic, events and such?

Gonna start with this SacBee article (I know we hate the Bee but sometimes the info actually helps..)

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/transportation/back-seat-driver/article95645927.html
The only problem with a thread like this is events get missed because people look for new titles. For that reason, I'm going to split off some of the stuff. Having small timely threads IMHO is much better than having a never-ending thread.

Hello KingsFans, I've been a member here for many years but have not been active.

I have access to a parking lot 4 blocks from G1C. Parking is $10. Season packages may be negotiated.

If you are interested pm me.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Happened to see this thread and wanted to check on the info provided in it. As an update (as I haven't seen a direct link anywhere and all but the last post was from before the season started) - the City of Sacramento established a website to help facilitate parking for events (most major events in the City, not just at the G1C):

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/parking-services

Click on the "Find and Reserve Event Parking" banner on that page:

upload_2017-2-12_7-21-15.png

and then select "Browse all Event Parking". That will take you to a list of all the upcoming events, including major concerts, Kings games, etc. Select your event (or, as I have done before for a very small event not listed, another event in the same time frame) and you will get something like this:

upload_2017-2-12_7-24-31.png

Just click on the lot/location you would like to park at (or check out) and you get a pop-up that looks like this:

upload_2017-2-12_7-28-46.png

Notice that while the event map with parking options generally shows the time as about 1 hour before to 1 hour after the event, the actual parking lot pop-up shows the hours covered by the parking pass. In this case, it is from 3.5 hours before the 6 pm game and runs to 7 hours after! Great deal for parking! Then just prepay using a very simple login system. If desired, it will keep a copy of your credit card information so when you log in again the information is still there for future use. They will email you a pdf of a parking pass with a bar code you can print and use. Scan the code as you enter and leave the lot. I haven't tried it, but you can likely just pull up the code on your phone and scan that instead. Easy-peasy.

I haven't used it, but there are also parking options not tied to specific events I think, you can nose around if this interests you.

I have found myself parking at the "Panda Scan" lot shown above - I feel it is important for me to use a City-owned lot to support the City's decision to help finance the arena. Only $11 per game, and easy access from Business 80 - just exit 10th Street and go north, the exit is right there on the right side of the road once you pass L Street. When you get out after the event, you can go a couple blocks west to 9th Street and it is a straight shot south back to Business 80. Frankly, while the traffic is a little jammed in the immediate area around G1C right after a game, getting in and out of the lot has never taken more than a couple cars in line - VERY fast entry and exit. I have parked at the parking structure just west of Macy's before a couple times for events and it takes MUCH longer to get in and out.

Last edited: